San Fran Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Since our free agency has all but stopped, let's grade the other teams in our division starting with the 9ers. First shot is the new additions.

IMG_1266.PNG

And then the players they've lost so far.

IMG_1267.PNG

Personally I think it's basically a wash for them. Trying to get third tier players to fit the system and then build up the core portion via the draft. No real big signings so far. Way say you, everyone?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They didn't do anything special. Let's hope they don't nail the draft. Hoping they take a qb high who busts. And really hoping kirk resigns with the skins or goes elsewhere. He's not top ten imo but he is stable. No stability for the whiners!!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They didn't do anything special. Let's hope they don't nail the draft. Hoping they take a qb high who busts. And really hoping kirk resigns with the skins or goes elsewhere. He's not top ten imo but he is stable. No stability for the whiners!!

I'm hoping they go for Kizer. I personally have Trubisky and Watson ahead of him. I feel Kizer has the high bust probability. Just my feeling. But I really hope Shanahan has a horrible first year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hoping they go for Kizer. I personally have Trubisky and Watson ahead of him. I feel Kizer has the high bust probability. Just my feeling. But I really hope Shanahan has a horrible first year.
I'm a die hard ND fan and cant see Kizer being successful. He doesn't process quickly, and made more plays with his feet than his arm. Fuller really made him look better than he is. Not sure Trubisky is any better

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
Nothing that makes me think they'll take a huge step, although Hoyer>Kaepernick IMO.

The Garcon deal was pretty meh to me. I was hoping the Rams would sign him, but for the price that San Francisco paid I'm glad they didn't. Giant signing bonus.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm a die hard ND fan and cant see Kizer being successful. He doesn't process quickly, and made more plays with his feet than his arm. Fuller really made him look better than he is. Not sure Trubisky is any better

Really weak class for QB. Theyre likely better off addressing the spot in the second round on Mahommes or Davis.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really weak class for QB. Theyre likely better off addressing the spot in the second round on Mahommes or Davis.
Totally agree. If I'm needing QB, that's exactly what I would be doing. Provided I can draft one of them in round 2 or 3
Trubisky is such a wild card. So hard to say what he's all about with only a handful of starts under his belt. Seen many QB look great in their 1st year as a starter, then get worse. See: Christian Hackenburg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see anything to get excited about. Just think how disappointed we would be if the Rams signed that group.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, they beat the Rams twice last year, so I hope the Rams can take them this year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We were talking about their free agency moves I think.

Which, in turn if it makes them better can the Rams beat them this coming season? Okay I will play nice so far, the team up north have made some interesting signings, stealing away Garcon by making him an offer he could not refuse, but their defense is still a work in progress and IMO will be in trouble under a rookie defensive coordinator.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, ... they did sign Garcon & Juszczyk, both of whom I was hoping for here with the Rams.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope he's horrible for as long as he's there lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Which, in turn if it makes them better can the Rams beat them this coming season? Okay I will play nice so far, the team up north have made some interesting signings, stealing away Garcon by making him an offer he could not refuse, but their defense is still a work in progress and IMO will be in trouble under a rookie defensive coordinator.

Other than Garcon, I don't see anyone that exciting. The QBs don't scare me. The Niners defeating the Rams last year was more about them be able to tell what plays were coming. Different coaches, better coaches should fix that.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
You'd think that they'd go for a couple big names. But nothing. Maybe the dumpster fire that the franchise is going through, really has scared away any big names.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sorry that they got Garcon, But we got Woods, so I'm smiling! :D