Sammy Watkins vs. Allen Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This stuff kills me. Why is it never the Rams fault?

Watkins is less of an example of this, but watching the dealings with Rodney McCloud, ,Trumaine Johnson, Janoris Jenkins, and now Aaron Donald...Proactivity doesn't seem to be the Rams strong suit, unless it's giving Austin a big fat contract. If Watkins situation was the only example, I would agree with you. There is a pattern of not signing our own guys over the course of years, because why?

Yeah, it could be unreasonable demands on the part of the players. It could also be that Demoff gives lowball offers for the hometown discount. When they let a player go to FA, it's almost a done deal that the player is gone, unless a team like the Raiders rejects a physical as in Saffold's case. Paying more for homegrown talent (especially) is worth more to me than relying on FA for his replacement. The Rams haven't developed a #1 WR, which was why I was so excited about Watkins.. FINALLY, a #1 WR. The price was high (2nd rounder), but worth it if we locked him down for a few years. Yeah....
I didn’t say it wasn’t the Rams fault wise guy, I’m not sure who’s at “fault”, why blame anyone without knowing the facts??
And why bring up past failures when this is McVays 2nd off season.
Good grief. You may have missed it but the Rams went 11-5 last year and made the playoffs. Cheer up

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't know how you guys can argue one way or the other with these two WRs. They virtually have the same stats and both have been injured.

Take their best two seasons.

One played 13 games and the other 16 and were only 400 yards apart. Do the math, at the end of the day you guys are just pounding the table over an opinion. Moving on....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@jrry32 Robinson's injury may make teams Leary and he may have to sign a one year deal to prove that he is healthy. I like him better than Watkins because I never saw him give up on routes or not chose an off target pass.

Lots of Bortles jokes here. If he wasn’t a legitimate QB, why did the Jags bring him back on a 3 year deal when the draft and free agent market is as deep as ever at QB?

Because they were locked in to him this year anyway for 19+ and can easily get out of that deal in a year or two. Don’t be surprised if they still draft a qb

Bortles was playing good football as the season progressed. The sweetheart deal probably had something to do with him having some bad years. Apparently the coaches want to make sure that the Bortles from the second half last year is the guy they are signing. I am not convinced they are planning on drafting his replacement just yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 Robinson's injury may make teams Leary and he may have to sign a one year deal to prove that he is healthy. I like him better than Watkins because I never saw him give up on routes or not chose an off target pass.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd pay him. A torn ACL is no big deal in today's NFL, and you get to put him through medical checks.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
I can only speak for myself, but I'd pay him. A torn ACL is no big deal in today's NFL, and you get to put him through medical checks.
Yup, if anything, Sammy's previous ankle problems would scare me alot more.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
If they got rid of Ogletree and Quinn, I doubt they are seriously considering bringing back Watkins. They have an eye for who is lacking performance on the field.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was made fun of because I was an Alex Sith fan...
3yl36ti3cndz.jpg