Sammy Watkins vs. Allen Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
if Sammy is already starting with " I thought I did a good job" "it's just a business" blah blah blah those comments indicate to me he took it personally another season with the Rams under a franchise tag is very good cause he gets to stay with a winning team or a team on the rise but raises his price tag automatically regardless of his season basically like tru......but now that there was no tag my gut tells me he will bolt to the highest bidder for the cash as well as his feelings are hurt. So we might as well start throwing that Pitty party for Sammy as I believe he is gone. Now onto Robinson I think a prove it deal to him or even a bridge type deal would be a better option injury or not they are both injury prone regardless but Robinson is a good deep threat and to me a better route runner and most importantly better at the jump balls I think it would make goff better instantly. He might come cheaper and he has never really had a qb and still put up some very good seasons. Thoughts?????

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
if Sammy is already starting with " I thought I did a good job" "it's just a business" blah blah blah those comments indicate to me he took it personally another season with the Rams under a franchise tag is very good cause he gets to stay with a winning team or a team on the rise but raises his price tag automatically regardless of his season basically like tru......but now that there was no tag my gut tells me he will bolt to the highest bidder for the cash as well as his feelings are hurt. So we might as well start throwing that Pitty party for Sammy as I believe he is gone. Now onto Robinson I think a prove it deal to him or even a bridge type deal would be a better option injury or not they are both injury prone regardless but Robinson is a good deep threat and to me a better route runner and most importantly better at the jump balls I think it would make goff better instantly. He might come cheaper and he has never really had a qb and still put up some very good seasons. Thoughts?????
Sammy is a great talent but him taking plays off which cost the rams points tells me all i need to know. I rather have Robinson, not as talented but will give you his all which trumps talent all day long.

nighttrain

Legend
Sammy is a great talent but him taking plays off which cost the rams points tells me all i need to know. I rather have Robinson, not as talented but will give you his all which trumps talent all day long.
this happened early in the season and a talk with McVay solved any issues, was widely reported
train

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
this happened early in the season and a talk with McVay solved any issues, was widely reported
train
I understand but the fact he had to have a "talk" with him about his effort is a big concern for me. If Mcvay thinks he's worth the money I'm all for it but me personally would go with Robinson. That guy can simply play ball.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree Watkins is likely gone. But if the Rams are going to sign a WR, I don't want them to sign somebody likely to cost 25% or more of their available cap room, when they have multiple needs on defense and on the OL. If they don't think they have somebody to take the top off the defense (and they talk like Josh Reynolds is a possibility there) then they can either draft somebody, or sign somebody like Torrey Smith if he gets cut.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
P.s. Guys sorry for the misspelling "Allen" lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Allen Robinson isn't taking a "prove it" deal. He'll get as much or more than Sammy, but he's a better WR. I'd at least check and see what his price is.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

View: https://youtu.be/x9G4CqSzKMM

To me he is a better jump ball guy Sammy edges him out on speed but Robinson is the guy that can take a mistake throw and make a play as evidenced by these highlights.....id really like to see him in horns!!!!! And yes josh Reynolds does remind me of him a bit but wouldn't hurt to have him learn from Robinson if we can sign him to a prove it or bridge type deal

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Allen Robinson isn't taking a "prove it" deal. He'll get as much or more than Sammy, but he's a better WR. I'd at least check and see what his price is.

We don't know that look a Jeffrey's deal from the Eagles and I'd rather pay 11-14 million for Robinson than Watkins regardless but a prove it or bridge deal to play in warm weather again in a very good offense with a rb and qb never hurts to kick the tires

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't know that look a Jeffrey's deal from the Eagles and I'd rather pay 11-14 million for Robinson than Watkins regardless but a prove it or bridge deal to play in warm weather again in a very good offense with a rb and qb never hurts to kick the tires

You're right. I don't know for sure. However, the FA group last year was a lot more talented. This year, there aren't many marquee players on the market. Robinson is one of the few. I expect him to have a hotter market than Jeffery. We shall see.

TexasRam

Legend
Allen Robinson is in my mind an elite level Wr. When you put up 1400 yards and 14 TD’s with Bortles at QB you certify yourself as a literal World Beater.

I would pay the dude and ride him to the super bowl.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I would take either of these guys, both big Recievers that can go deep. Sammy has more speed but Robinson showed alot of potential 2 years ago.

Mcvay knows more than we do but i think his offense needs someone that can draw double coverage . I hope they don't draft a reciever and try and make it work . Reynolds showed he can make plays in pre season but not sure if he is ready yet .

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
If Robinson is healthy.... he's definitely a solid option... But if Sammy wants to stay ...and the Rams want him to stay... I see a lot more upside with him. I think we can keep Sammy at a reasonable price as well

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we get Robinson, fine I guess..Not too excited about his knee. I'd rather have Watkins.

jap

Legend
Allen Robinson is in my mind an elite level Wr. When you put up 1400 yards and 14 TD’s with Bortles at QB you certify yourself as a literal World Beater.

I would pay the dude and ride him to the super bowl.

Very interesting, indeed! If we wanna believe that our Golden Guy has more upside than Bortles, a receiver like Allen will create a lot of opportunities for himself and others.

I would take either of these guys, both big Receivers that can go deep. Sammy has more speed but Robinson showed alot of potential 2 years ago.

McVay knows more than we do but i think his offense needs someone that can draw double coverage . I hope they don't draft a receiver and try and make it work . Reynolds showed he can make plays in pre season but not sure if he is ready yet .

Allen looks like he possesses the kind of talent that will frequently draw multiple coverage; so, even though his strengths are a bit different from Sammy, they both spell trouble for defensive secondaries. It may come down to what strengths Sean prefers and what the asking prices are for both guys. Nevertheless, both appear to be capable of raising our offense a level or two (or three!). Let the negotiations begin!!!

tbux

Rookie
AR is coming off MAJOR surgery- I personally think SW played hurt all year- and cant seem to stay healthy. Tough call- I wouldn't overpay for either.

That said- all things equal- I think if both are right- I take Sammy all day every day. He does more- and is more of a gamer IMO. KNows the O already etc as well. I don't give either elite wr money. We simply shouldn't take a chance with either on big contract for injury concern players. We have Goff, Donald and Gurley coming up soon- don't put money on those types imo.

I like both btw- I just think I like what Woods, Kupp did- I don't think we need to overpay. Esp if Peters works out- that's one more we have to pay up to soon.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
personally I dont see the point in paying 10m+ for another wr when theres already woods, kupp, gurley, and ideally the TEs to throw to. not to mention paying a rb 12m+ or whatever gurley will make and a DT 20m+ you cant really go out spending 7m on 1 wr and 10m+ for another.

with all that said, the PSU homer in me says go sign Allen

WestCoastRam

Legend
I wish I could have gotten to see a little more of Reynolds last year, it might make me feel better about losing Sammy. Robinson is gonna get a good contract even with the injury. Don't think he's gonna be ours.

nighttrain

Legend
Very interesting, indeed! If we wanna believe that our Golden Guy has more upside than Bortles, a receiver like Allen will create a lot of opportunities for himself and others.

Allen looks like he possesses the kind of talent that will frequently draw multiple coverage; so, even though his strengths are a bit different from Sammy, they both spell trouble for defensive secondaries. It may come down to what strengths Sean prefers and what the asking prices are for both guys. Nevertheless, both appear to be capable of raising our offense a level or two (or three!). Let the negotiations begin!!!
our Golden Guy has more upside than Bortles
absolute fact

train