Sammy Watkins Must Perform if He Wants Big Payday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sammy Watkins Must Perform if He Wants Big Payday –Video

Sammy Watkins must consistently contribute for the Los Angeles Rams in order for him to get paid in the open market. PFT’s Mike Florio talks about Watkins and his pending free agency.

Watch Florio Talk Watkins

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do: Run good routes, get open, make your blocks.

Don't: break off routes, complain and whine.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Do: Run good routes, get open, make your blocks.

Don't: break off routes, complain and whine.
Where have I seen this before?
You want the ball? Run the correct route, Get open.

Run a clean route and get open, the ball will be there.
I don't think the issue is his route running ability, or getting open. He's been open, he just hasn't been targeted. They need to get him targets early to keep him mentally in the game. lts not ideal, but it would result in more games like SF than Dallas or Seattle. And let's not act like a "cryptic" tweet is the same as Dez, Antonio Brown or Odell throwing fits on the sideline or talking to the media. The only reason the tweet is a story is because of the media and the overactive fans who eat it up.

Last edited:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The tweet thing is so overblown at this point. He's addressed it. He saw a tweet for the Torry Holt that sparked this

jap

Legend
The fly guys (WRs, TEs, & RBs) just need to share the rock. This is ultimate team ball. Whoever is being keyed on by the defense automatically becomes a decoy to suck defenders away from the true targets - the fly guys the defense are playing more honestly.

Sammy has to developed Isaac's professionalism and run each route so they begin virtually the same as any other route, and run them with consistent determinism as though the game depended on every single one. Confuse the hell out of defenders! Ah, but can he do the special things Isaac was so good at? Can he run toward defenders in such a manner that they find it difficult to tell just how fast he i really moving (a technique one scout referred to as gliding)? The old Pittsburgh Steeler WR great, Lynn Swann, had a knack for making sliding catches. One veteran scout once remarked early in Isaac's career that Isaac made more Lynn Swann-esque catches in one season than Lynn ever made in his entire career. (Can you tell I am a huge! Isaac Bruce fan? :LOL:)