Sam wouldn't extend if traded to Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...adford-trade-would-be-a-gamble-for-cleveland/

With one year on his deal, Bradford trade would be a gamble for Cleveland
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 30, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc0mmfjzjjizda1njm4zmiyytlmmjdinzyzndy3y2zk-e1426619588457.jpeg

The Browns think they can trade for Sam Bradford today. The Eagles think they can flip a pick they get from the Browns to move up and draftMarcus Mariota.

Unfortunately for both teams, Bradford will have something to say about that.

Multiple reports have said that Bradford would not be willing to sign a new contract with the Browns, which raises questions about whether it would really make any sense for the Browns to trade for him. Bradford has one year and $13 million left on his deal, and giving up a first-round draft pick for a guy with one year and $13 million left on his deal would be an odd decision if that player isn’t going to sign a new deal for 2016 and beyond.

Maybe the Browns know all that and would give up a first-round draft pick for Bradford anyway. The Browns are, after all, desperate to find themselves a quarterback. And they could franchise him next year to keep him in 2016 for about $20 million.

But that’s a huge price to pay for a quarterback who hasn’t improved since his rookie year and hasn’t shown he can stay healthy. The Browns took a major gamble last year when they spent a first-round pick on Johnny Manziel, and they’d be taking another major gamble if they spent a first-round pick on Bradford.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The irony of Sam being traded to the Browns - the team that took out his knee the 2nd time..

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I don't think he is willing to extend for any team. Why would he? If he does great this season the team would franchise him and he'd make tons more cash.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sam's a true bro. Anything he can to keep the factory of sadness rolling.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think he is willing to extend for any team. Why would he? If he does great this season the team would franchise him and he'd make tons more cash.
Yeah, what's the upside to extending?

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I know it isn't our problem to worry about this anymore, but this shit:
a quarterback who hasn’t improved since his rookie year
still annoys the hell out of me...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Of course.

2x MVP, 3 Super Bowls, 10 First Team All-Pros.

Next year's stats: 85% completion rate, 67 TD's vs. 1 INT (which leads to 3 and out for the opposing team), 7200 yards with an 11.7 YPA. From here on out, the worst injury he'll have for the rest of his career is a broken fingernail on the pinky finger of his non-throwing hand.

And Bill Barnwell of Grantland will write that he knew Bradford could play like this all along, and the Rams were dumb for getting rid of him. All other Grantland articles discussing Bradford by Bill Barnwell will get Soviet-style scrubbed from their archives.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right. Amazing how that little nugget gets forgotten