Sam speaks to booing fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snr4evah

UDFA
Name
Laurie
I was reading about this on another board. Sam was asked about our fans booing the team and he stated he understands but wished it wasn't the case came across as whiney. It us very apparent his dejected demeanor and words of frustration are overwhelming. Sam is in a very new world. It's unsettling to say the least. The Rams are struggling and Sam takes it personal. I'm sure he would gladly give all his millions for a winning and healthy season. It's sad to hear him say he is out of answers. I do believe though he is not a quitter. He us smart but young and this experience is part of the master plan to figure it out and come out in top. I hate to see Sam like this, reminds me of his presser when he announced he was leaving OU to fix and rehab shoulder then go pro. He overcame and was first pick to the Rams. Sam is not a whiner, he will figure it out and lead the Rams. We have to try and support our team!

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
While Bradford still needs to improve, he's definitely not the reason we are so bad this season. Compared to Skelton, Bradford looked like a stud. We have to find a way to protect his blind side so he stops these fumbles. They're getting a bit ridiculous.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's a bad year for Sam, but I think he will be better for it in the long run. I think next year will be night and day, but I hate to see the frustration. Sam is too professional to say "I'm sick of my damn o-line not giving me time." but you know he's thinking it.

steferfootball

Starter
Sam has had his struggles, but our team hasn't helped him. Drops, bad protection, and he has had a number of tipped intercpetions.

TBH, I don't think the fans are booing him as much as the team. I just hope this won't hurt his confidence.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
iBruce said:
While Bradford still needs to improve, he's definitely not the reason we are so bad this season. Compared to Skelton, Bradford looked like a stud. We have to find a way to protect his blind side so he stops these fumbles. They're getting a bit ridiculous.

Yup, so are the penalties, kick-returns, 70 yard runs, injuries, poor execution, questionable coaching decisions, have I left anything out? :?!:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
Sam has had his struggles, but our team hasn't helped him. Drops, bad protection, and he has had a number of tipped intercpetions.

TBH, I don't think the fans are booing him as much as the team. I just hope this won't hurt his confidence.
Most of the boos (if not all of them) seemed to have come from the plays that were called, IMO.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
steferfootball said:

Most of the boos (if not all of them) seemed to have come from the plays that were called, IMO.

I would agree.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
steferfootball said:

I totally agree.

I know Sam is frustrated, hell we all are. But he's still a fan favorite, despite what a few posters are writing on the PD forums. Does Sam need to play better? Yes, but I trust that he will. Hopefully this season will serve as a learning experience.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
brokeu91 said:
X said:
steferfootball said:

I totally agree.

I know Sam is frustrated, hell we all are. But he's still a fan favorite, despite what a few posters are writing on the PD forums. Does Sam need to play better? Yes, but I trust that he will. Hopefully this season will serve as a learning experience.
I'd like to sit him down and tell him that he can't do the 'eye roll' on the sideline.... as people are watching and it looks bad on him. I know he'll get thru this, lots of greats have had to, but just don't let anyone see that it bothers you.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sam's QB issues can be fixed. He needs to learn how to move in the pocket better, take steam off some of the shorter throws, etc. All of those are coachable. The one thing that worries me is how he will handle all of the losing (not to mention sacks and hits). There are a few types of people out there when it comes to losing. EVERYONE hates it, but there are those that pout, get down on themselves and eventually become absorbed by it (Jeff George for example). Others absolutely refuse to get used to it and make the most out of the talent around them (Brady, Brees, Manning, etc.). It is still unclear what type of QB Sam will be, but what is clear is that he will have to deal with a LOT more losing before ever possibly becoming a winner again. How will he respond to that? Honestly, as much as I loved the pick, I have my doubts after watching this season unfold. Hopefully we get him an OLine and some healthy WRs next season and he can show us all what we hoped he would be on draft day.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
X said:
steferfootball said:

I totally agree.

I disagree in part, the boos were because the team didn't execute said plays for the most part. If the plays would have been successful, there wouldn't have been boos. They booed on a couple of decisions though.