Sam Rogers our Mr. Multi

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Doing some reading on PFF this evening and ended up doing a site search
for Sam Rogers.Just thought I would share some of the results that I enjoyed.
No doubt he will be Gurley's new best friend.
I think he will quickly become a fan favorite.Blocker,receiver,special team demon.
Just really love this pick and the value of getting him in the 6th round.

VS UNC

Top offensive grades

FB Sam Rogers, 86.5
T Yosuah Nijman, 73.7
TE Chris Cunningham, 70.7
G Augie Conte, 69.9
HB Travon McMillian, 67.5

Sam Rogers leads VT offense on the ground

In a rainy, ugly, sloppy game, it was the FB who stood above everyone else. To be honest, I’m having a tough time putting into words exactly how exceptional of a performance Sam Rogers put on Saturday afternoon. Whether he was leading the HB up the middle or sealing off the edge for a run to bounce outside, he simply did it all. Rogers finished the game with an 88.5 run-blocking grade, with only a few minor blemishes keeping that from reaching 90.
********************************************************************************
Senior Bowl Grades

Top offensive grades:

WR Zay Jones, 84.6
FB Sam Rogers, 82.4
C Tyler Orlosky, 73.6
G Jordan Morgan, 72.4
HB Kareem Hunt, 71.4

Virginia Tech fullback Sam Rogers was a lead-blocking machine and finished with a game-high 79.8 run-blocking grade.
*************************************************************************************
Mid Season All - American Team

Fullback: Sam Rogers, Virginia Tech 87.2

Rogers moves around the formation for Virginia Tech, providing strong work as a run blocker (80.1) and as a receiver (77.3) while also carrying the ball 33 times for 109 yards.
****************************************************************************************

Fullback: Sam Rogers, Virginia Tech

Sam Rogers fits into the traditional fullback mold, but also offers diversity to the Hokies offense. He has seen playing time at tailback, fullback and tight end this year. With the quickness to run routes, and the physicality to punish defenders between the tackles, Rogers offers a match-up problem for defensive coordinators. He ranked second in the nation at the position with 287 receiving yards, adding three touchdowns and six broken tackles. Virginia Tech head coach Justin Fuente has even used him as a passer on trick plays, with reasonable effectiveness. Oh, and he loves to smash linebackers at the point of attack, ranking second in the nation in the regard in 2016.

************************************************************************************

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sam Rogers :

09a0378s1.jpg

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A multi-tool player who isn't Tavon Austin? He will be a fan favorite no doubt...

Psycho_X

Legend
McVay will have fun with Tavon and Rogers. He will make sure Gurley has running room even if the o-line doen't pick it up simply from making teams have to second guess everything Tavon and Rogers will be doing out there. There are tools in place for a real NFL offense on this team. Just need a mastermind to not fudge it up.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
McVay will have fun with Tavon and Rogers. He will make sure Gurley has running room even if the o-line doen't pick it up simply from making teams have to second guess everything Tavon and Rogers will be doing out there. There are tools in place for a real NFL offense on this team. Just need a mastermind to not fudge it up.
I'm EXTREMELY curios to see how McVay uses TA.
I think we've finally found an offensive mind that can utilize his skill set appropriately.
McVay, Olsen and Lafleur. If they can't do it....I give up

Ram65

Legend
Doing some reading on PFF this evening and ended up doing a site search
for Sam Rogers.Just thought I would share some of the results that I enjoyed.
No doubt he will be Gurley's new best friend.
I think he will quickly become a fan favorite.Blocker,receiver,special team demon.
Just really love this pick and the value of getting him in the 6th round.

VS UNC

Top offensive grades

FB Sam Rogers, 86.5
T Yosuah Nijman, 73.7
TE Chris Cunningham, 70.7
G Augie Conte, 69.9
HB Travon McMillian, 67.5

Sam Rogers leads VT offense on the ground

In a rainy, ugly, sloppy game, it was the FB who stood above everyone else. To be honest, I’m having a tough time putting into words exactly how exceptional of a performance Sam Rogers put on Saturday afternoon. Whether he was leading the HB up the middle or sealing off the edge for a run to bounce outside, he simply did it all. Rogers finished the game with an 88.5 run-blocking grade, with only a few minor blemishes keeping that from reaching 90.
********************************************************************************
Senior Bowl Grades

Top offensive grades:

WR Zay Jones, 84.6
FB Sam Rogers, 82.4
C Tyler Orlosky, 73.6
G Jordan Morgan, 72.4
HB Kareem Hunt, 71.4

Virginia Tech fullback Sam Rogers was a lead-blocking machine and finished with a game-high 79.8 run-blocking grade.
*************************************************************************************
Mid Season All - American Team

Fullback: Sam Rogers, Virginia Tech 87.2

Rogers moves around the formation for Virginia Tech, providing strong work as a run blocker (80.1) and as a receiver (77.3) while also carrying the ball 33 times for 109 yards.
****************************************************************************************

Fullback: Sam Rogers, Virginia Tech

Sam Rogers fits into the traditional fullback mold, but also offers diversity to the Hokies offense. He has seen playing time at tailback, fullback and tight end this year. With the quickness to run routes, and the physicality to punish defenders between the tackles, Rogers offers a match-up problem for defensive coordinators. He ranked second in the nation at the position with 287 receiving yards, adding three touchdowns and six broken tackles. Virginia Tech head coach Justin Fuente has even used him as a passer on trick plays, with reasonable effectiveness. Oh, and he loves to smash linebackers at the point of attack, ranking second in the nation in the regard in 2016.

************************************************************************************

What an intriguing player and pick. He is not the prototype size wise fullback. He can do it all. Nice tool to keep defenses guessing.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Our front office definitely wanted this guy.

They knew that if they waited until the seventh round he would have been gone, more than likely.

Players that are projected as udfas often are snatched up with those seventh-round draft picks.

McVay and Snead were not going to risk it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Being honest here....Criticized the pick when made, but McVay spoke about utilizing different match ups giving the defense multiple looks and I guess that's an upgrade from the likes of Boras, Groh & Weinke.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

An eye formation with Tavon as the Tail Back and Rogers as the Full back. So many options!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Not the least of which, guys like him are alos usually very good and core ST's players. He has both skill sets and heart. Can't have enough of these guys.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Virginia Tech head coach Justin Fuente has even used him as a passer on trick plays,
I really like Rogers too!(y) Do you think this^^ means some competition for Hekker this year!?!:LOL::D

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the pick - and it wasn't in the second round like Brian Leonard back in 07...

Haha, I'll always remember that pick fondly. Was at ramstalk back then and when the Rams made that pick some poster (something like cucumber or pickle Ram) lost his shit. I think he managed to cry on the Internet. Didn't understand how someone could act like that over a 2nd round pick....until we saw leonard in pads when the season started.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I admit that I wasn't a fan of a fullback. I thought that we didn't need one with Harkey. But if Rogers is a better version of the guy the Whiners signed...well, sign me up!