Sam Bradford takes first-team reps at Eagles practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
After watching Sam yesterday he looks solid and healthy. Sam was NOT wearing a knee brace and unlike early reports Sam was NOT laboring his knee. No limping.

Sam seemed to take most of if not all the reps he needed too. He performed a lot of roll outs and scramble passes, which was good to see. Sam did not air the ball out too much, maybe 2-3 deep balls (nor did the other QBs). He cleary has the best ball of the other QBs in Philly (most of you knew that already) and he looked fluid. Some miscommunication out there between Sam and his new pass catchers but afterwards Sam would be talking with them right away suring things up. At the end of practice each QB (except Barkley) did a 2 minute drill from there own 20, 7 on 7s. Sam's team was the only one to score. Ertz and Nelson Agholor (who really impressed me with his skill) seemed to be Sam's favorite targets.. Sanchez couldn't hit the broad side of a barn over 15 yards and Tebow killed a lot of worms (although Tebow impressed me more than Sanchez).

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After watching Sam yesterday he looks solid and healthy. Sam was NOT wearing a knee brace and unlike early reports Sam was NOT laboring his knee. No limping.

Sam seemed to take most of if not all the reps he needed too. He performed a lot of roll outs and scramble passes, which was good to see. Sam did not air the ball out too much, maybe 2-3 deep balls (nor did the other QBs). He cleary has the best ball of the other QBs in Philly (most of you knew that already) and he looked fluid. Some miscommunication out there between Sam and his new pass catchers but afterwards Sam would be talking with them right away suring things up. At the end of practice each QB (except Barkley) did a 2 minute drill from there own 20, 7 on 7s. Sam's team was the only one to score. Ertz and Nelson Agholor (who really impressed me with his skill) seemed to be Sam's favorite targets.. Sanchez couldn't hit the broad side of a barn over 15 yards and Tebow killed a lot of worms (although Tebow impressed me more than Sanchez).
Thanks for the report!

Interesting... still glad I'm not having to hold my breath anymore.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

So you're saying Bradford isn't the worst QB to ever grace the planet? Interesting...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It would be just the Rams' and our luck if Sam has a real Kick-A$$ season this year.
Dude is moving around like a cripple on espn today....just pitiful....barely putting any legs into his throws....

@biggame1190
He looks awful....gimpy....like another injury ready to happen.

rams2050

Starter
LACHAMP -- you kidding? I don't see blue font so I'm thinking this is the truth, in your opinion??

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
My thoughts exactly... He has plain average receivers at best with Riley Cooper as their #1. Cooper was a decent #3 guy, but with departures he is now moved up. With being a #1 and drawing double coverage, he will be nowhere as effective as he was--he's just not a #1. Their offensive line is no better than what we started over the last couple years. So Bradford has really moved into the exact same situation he was at here except he does have a better running back. They will stack the box against Bradford the same way they did here and I believe Murray will also be less effective. Stack the box and make Bradford beat you with great decisions. Why would Bradford all of a sudden be able to do this? New color uniform?? I just don't see any way he is successful with the talent there. Great players surrounding Bradford and he will be ok--but Bradford will not make average players better--we have seen this over and over. I was saying at the time that Demarco Murray would be stupid to sign there because they will stack the box and he will not be as effective--his best bet was to stay at Dallas... JMO
Finally, someone with some sense around here.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude is moving around like a cripple on espn today....just pitiful....barely putting any legs into his throws....

@biggame1190
He looks awful....gimpy....like another injury ready to happen.

Really? You got all that from the 3 throws they showed on espn?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Really? You got all that from the 3 throws they showed on espn?

Yep...looks gimpy...moving nothing like Gurley for example...or the other ACL guy I've seen on television, Carson Palmer.....not using his lower body much in his throws...the announcer said as much too...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No question with good health Sam will succeed.

But like others have said; it's the Eagles that will hold their breath when he takes off and runs.

For Sam's sake, I hope he stays injury free.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
CSN Philly reports Sam Bradford is "stringing together some pretty good practices."

Per reporter Geoff Mosher, Bradford threw with "more confidence than he’d shown since the start of camp" on Friday. Teammate Lane Johnson said he hadn't seen a quarterback with Bradford's accuracy in "quite some time." Concerns over Bradford's twice surgically-repaired left knee appear to be fading. Aug 8 - 9:14 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

Is the quarterback competition already over? If Chip Kelly needed to pick a starter right this second, no question he’d hand the ball to Sam Bradford and direct Mark Sanchez toward the sideline. Bradford masterfully picked apart the defense and threw with more confidence than he’d shown since the start of camp. In 7-on-7s, he arced a lovely fade to Riley Cooper past Eric Rowe that set up his TD pass to Trey Burton on the very next play. In red zone drills, he zipped another TD pass to Burton, and then another TD on a fade to Seyi Ajirotutu. In the hurry-up drill at the end of practice, with 63 ticks on the clock and the ball near midfield, he was the only quarterback to lead the offense to a touchdown. Bradford’s consistency is key. The other three QBs tend to have good and bad days. Bradford has some down moments but is stringing together some pretty good practices. Lane Johnson said he hasn’t seen a quarterback throw with Bradford’s accuracy in quite some time.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/observations-day-5-eagles-training-camp

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
How come we rarely got to see Sam's so-called 'fade?' This isn't fair!
Kind of hard to throw a fade when the last time you played your WRs deep separation ranged from laughable to nonexistent.

Also the fade is used primarily in the end zone, so you have to get there to actually see it. Also again laughable separation.

Last edited: