Sam Bradford takes first-team reps at Eagles practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We need him to play well....so we don't have to give them a better pick, correct? So ball out Sammy...When we meet, best team wins....

iced

Who is Sam throwing to up there? Won't that be a factor? Didn't the Eagles purge their group of receivers? Don't know; just asking for insights.

I personally don't want him to do well, mainly because he was never 'lights out' for us -- despite all the hype. I don't wish him injury, of course, but it would be nice (in my evil little world) if he did no better than he did while he was with us. I would be okay if he led them to a 7-9 season. . .

he's got some talent to work with - Jordan Matthews, lot of buzz on Nelson Agholor (their first rounder), don't forget Zach Ertz

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need him to play well....so we don't have to give them a better pick, correct? So ball out Sammy...When we meet, best team wins....

Strictly speaking, the Rams need him to stay healthy and to play well enough that he's not benched so he takes 50% of the snaps plus 1. That way the Rams won't owe any picks. But they also need the Eagles to be pretty bad, so that the second rounder they are getting will be as high as possible. If he takes one snap this season, the Rams will owe a 4th instead of a 3rd. If he takes the majority of snaps it's no pick owed back.

And not that I'm greedy, but I'd really like the second rounder be #33, so that the Rams get the first pick of the second day of the draft, with them either getting the best player who fell out of the first or get some team to trade up for him at a premium.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
he's got some talent to work with - Jordan Matthews, lot of buzz on Nelson Agholor (their first rounder), don't forget Zach Ertz
Dude, they got rid of their 3 best offensive players. Maclin, Shady, and Jackson. Murray was a good pick-up, but history shows he'll miss games. They have no vertical threat anymore, at all. Their offense is going to take a step back.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude, they got rid of their 3 best offensive players. Maclin, Shady, and Jackson. Murray was a good pick-up, but history shows he'll miss games. They have no vertical threat anymore, at all. Their offense is going to take a step back.
Riley Cooper?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who is Sam throwing to up there? Won't that be a factor? Didn't the Eagles purge their group of receivers? Don't know; just asking for insights.

lot of buzz on Nelson Agholor (their first rounder)
Matthews tested well as a draftee in private workouts, and played well last year for the Eagles...Nelson Agholor is a beast...I said as much in here....Could be a steal of the draft...excellent route runner, nice speed....I thought he had some nice, strong hands...

ausmurp

Starter
I fully expect Bradford to have a pro bowl season with the Eagles. He just fits that offense, spread shotgun style QB. He never fit what the Rams were trying to do with him - we tried to fit a square peg (Bradford) into a circular hole (Rams offense under Fisher). The Eagles are trying to fit Bradford into the square pegged hole so expect him to be a top 10 QB if healthy. Also nobody will draft Sam in fantasy so you could get him with your last pick fyi...sleeper.

ausmurp

Starter
Bradford is still throwing to much better offensive players than he had here with the Rams...much better. Eagles WRs are still far above what we have. Jordan Matthews is going to be a beast, and of course they have the best RB in the NFL right now until he is dethroned by AP this yr...

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Riley Cooper?
He's not bad, but we do a good job of containing him. Celek I'd more of a threat. Murray is their only offensive player that scares me. Bradford's never beat us. I'm not worried about him at all.

Corbin

He's not bad, but we do a good job of containing him. Celek I'd more of a threat. Murray is their only offensive player that scares me. Bradford's never beat us. I'm not worried about him at all.
Pray Bradford has a POS line and doesn't get injured because if he has time and stays healthy h's going to pick you apart, as well as a lot of other teams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I forget the trade perameters. Don't the Rams get a second and 4th or 5th
I thought they got the 2nd rounder fer sure and the 4th or 5th rounder is predicated on how many games he plays?

I hope Tebow is the starter by game #3, Sanchez game #5 and the epic trainwreck leads to a 2-14 season

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I'd be interested how the split would go in a poll of ROD fans between
1. Bradford has a Pro Bowl season
2. Rams get the #33 pick in 2016

Seems a lot of people want Sam to do well, which directly hurts the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I opt for the RAMS every time. Number 2 option for me.

Never root for ex-Rams man. I've flushed my fan association for far better players than Bradford... Hacksaw Reynolds, Kevin Greene, Jerome Bettis, Isaac Bruce, Eric Dickerson, etc, etc, etc.

Corbin

I'd be interested how the split would go in a poll of ROD fans between
1. Bradford has a Pro Bowl season
2. Rams get the #33 pick in 2016

Seems a lot of people want Sam to do well, which directly hurts the Rams.
I'm not sure how this directly hurts the Rams if Bradford makes the Pro Bowl?

iced

I know they got rid of those guys - they still have sproles who is electric out of the backfield and a decent run game with Murray (which bradford w/ in college). How they respond at Guard is going to be interesting, but still have Peters and Kelce.

There's been a ton of praise for Angholor, and I think Bradford will kill it in Chip Kelly's system. Best place he could have been traded system wise, imo. He thrives in the no huddle/quick tempo, and i'm sure you can ask any Ram fan if they wished they had did more of that here.

I also like Ertz/Matthews/Angholor combo, and think they could be a good tandem

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So wait, with the Rams Bradford was a good, game-manager-type quarterback, but in Philadelphia he is a "once-in-a-decade prospect?"
Never mind what he went through here and how that affects your opinion of Sam, he has always been considered that rare franchise QB with all the tools as a "prospect". It was never fully realized here largely due to no weapons, a bad O-line, and injuries. But as a prospect, that line of thinking holds true. Lot of ifs surrounding Sam. Unfortunately, we may see just what that "prospect" is capable of. I hope so for his sake but I will cringe if it happens.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Bradford is still throwing to much better offensive players than he had here with the Rams...much better. Eagles WRs are still far above what we have. Jordan Matthews is going to be a beast, and of course they have the best RB in the NFL right now until he is dethroned by TG this yr...
Fixed that for you.

ausmurp

Starter
Fixed that for you.

If Gurley leads the league in yds while playing in just 8 games...this team would almost certainly go 8-8!

Hahaha jk. I hope so but doubt it. I think realistically AP is going to annihilate the league, like he did a cpl yrs ago after missing the previous season. He should be everyone's first pick in fantasy hands down imo. I cannot wait for football jeezusss.