Sam Bradford Is the NFL’s Most Accurate Deep-Ball Passer and Nine Other Weird 2016 Stats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I'm not sure what changed when he got to the NFL because if he was dfoing that in college he wouldn't have been drafted until way later.

Ahhhh, check out receivers that Bradford threw the ball too

train

fearsomefour

Legend
There was an article written that was essentially saying he stole the record for completion % because of his checkdowns.

The formula used, as @-X- pointed out is HIGHLY flawed. They are counting passed that should not be counted! It's freaking silly.

I found that to be quite a feat myself. It's impressive that he gets that kind of yardage, his OL must love him.

Bradford, from my recollection, didn't go down the field very far unless the WR was wide open, he just didn't take chances at all.

If I was setting the over/under I would go 12. It'll be hard for him to get that number in this O with Watkins as the #1 option and the other WR's. The ball is going to be spread around a lot. We may not see anyone score 14 but may see 5 players with 7-10, and pick up a handful of scores from others too.

It caused a lot of drops too, the ball always comes in hot. Elway had the same problem early in his career but learned a little touch later on. But man early on Elway's passes were rockets, it's amazing nobody got a broken finger. Marino was a bit like that too, his release was so fast the ball flew out.

In order for this article to have ANY credibility you have to use completion percentage because not every WR has the same catch radius. This is the dumbest thing and what is his editor thinking to let him come up with this crap. Oh wait, nevermind. Thanks again internet.
I am counting on a couple of punt return TDs for Austin.

FRO

Legend
Sam has elite arm talent, he has poor pocket awareness and movement. If he ever finds himself on a team with a good line and weapons, he will make a killing. He hasn't had that opportunity yet. So far he has proven himself to be a very solid QB who I wish the Rams still had (there I said it).

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
BY MONTH CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT SACK RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
SEPTEMBER 40 59 457 67.8 7.75 46 3 0 6 107.8 3 -5 -1.7 -1 0
OCTOBER 95 144 985 66.0 6.84 40 5 1 13 94.2 7 3 0.4 5 0
NOVEMBER 113 145 973 77.9 6.71 41 4 2 7 98.1 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0
DECEMBER 122 171 1,212 71.3 7.09 71 5 1 11 98.4 8 32 4.0 15 0
JANUARY 25 33 250 75.8 7.58 39 3 1 0 114.5 1 24 24.0 24 0

@JIMERAMS check out his YPA........month by month.

He threw a total of 40 passes past 20 yards from the LOS in 16 games. 552 total attempts.

To give you a reference point Case Keenum threw 36 in 10 games in the putrid O we watched last year. Goff adds another 16 attempts. So the Rams threw 52 to Bradfords 40 over 16 games. 527 attempts for those two players.

Wentz, the King of Dink threw 53 by the way.

I don't recall Bradford ever really going downfield at any point in his career. It's part of why his YPA has never been that good.

I'm not sure what changed when he got to the NFL because if he was dfoing that in college he wouldn't have been drafted until way later.

As much as you hate Bradford I'm sure you didn't watch any of his games. We all know your story, it doesn't matter what he does you will find something to complain about. His line fell apart that's why he didn't throw deep after game 6 or so. He made some no name recievers look elite last season. Bradford has elite talent he has been dealt a bad hand every season if you can't see that that's your issue.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As much as you hate Bradford I'm sure you didn't watch any of his games. We all know your story, it doesn't matter what he does you will find something to complain about. His line fell apart that's why he didn't throw deep after game 6 or so. He made some no name recievers look elite last season. Bradford has elite talent he has been dealt a bad hand every season if you can't see that that's your issue.

I don't hate him one bit, I'm totally indifferent and can talk about him objectively. I just don't think he is anything more than an average QB and his performance and after 7 years he's proven to be exactly that. Average.

Clearly you are invested in him somehow, or you would not say "He made some no name recievers look elite last season" because that is so far from the truth it's silly. Bradford has never made anyone, including himself, look elite.

His line falling apart isn't what made him not throw deep. He's NEVER done it much. He's ALWAYS been the checkdown king. He had that rep in STL, PHIL and now MN. It's what he does. It cannot even be debated anymore, it's that well of an established fact.

It is what it is..........he's just an average player at that position, in some ways a little below average, some ways a little better than average.

Overall. Average.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't hate him one bit, I'm totally indifferent and can talk about him objectively. I just don't think he is anything more than an average QB and his performance and after 7 years he's proven to be exactly that. Average.

Clearly you are invested in him somehow, or you would not say "He made some no name recievers look elite last season" because that is so far from the truth it's silly. Bradford has never made anyone, including himself, look elite.

His line falling apart isn't what made him not throw deep. He's NEVER done it much. He's ALWAYS been the checkdown king. He had that rep in STL, PHIL and now MN. It's what he does. It cannot even be debated anymore, it's that well of an established fact.

It is what it is..........he's just an average player at that position, in some ways a little below average, some ways a little better than average.

Overall. Average.
He's probably (IMO) a bit above average. The league is littered with average QBs, and I don't think he's mired among them. That said, it's taken me a while to learn that he's fool's gold. The same way that Jay Cutler is fool's gold. There have been many coaches and GMs who have taken - or would like to take - a chance on Cutler in the hopes that they could capitalize on his cannon arm. They think, "If we could just harness that cannon and get him to be a little more cautious with the rest of his throws, we could really go places." Same thing with Bradford. They think, "If we could just harness his efficiency, and get him to be an aggressive risk-taker down the field, we could really go places." Well, sad thing is, nobody's going places with either of them. They're just good at one or two things, but don't have everything you need. Too bad, because both could be really great if they had "that one extra thing."

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Ya diggs, thielen and Rudolph were awesome before Bradford got there haha. Why would I have an investment in Bradford? You don't hate Bradford? Maybe you should go back and read all your Bradford posts in the past 3 or 4 years it sounded like you invested in him and lost. Ill take Bradford over any QB we have had since he left that's for sure