Sam Bradford gives social media advice to recruits at Elite 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Sam Bradford gives social media advice to recruits at Elite 11
insider.espn.go.com

http://newsok.com/sam-bradford-gives-social-media-advice-to-recruits-at-elite-11/article/4986381

BEAVERTON, Ore. -- Former Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford doesn't have a Twitter account, but the St. Louis Rams signal caller still offered up social media advice for recruits.

Bradford is one of several college and NFL quarterbacks on hand for the Elite 11 high school quarterback competition on Nike's campus in Beaverton, Ore. Bradford said Sunday that he learned plenty from his NFL experience and by watching quarterbacks get recruited that social media can be a dangerous place -- particularly when it comes to engaging with fans online.

From Bradford: "I hear about guys saying 'What schools can give me the most love on Twitter' and stuff like that," Bradford said. "To me, that's not what it's about. It's about playing football. You should go to the school that you think best fits you and best gives you the opportunity to succeed, not which fan base begs you to come to their school on Twitter.

"That's making the biggest decision in your life for all the wrong reasons. Those people on Twitter will be the same people that will tear you down when you throw an interception or make a bad play."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"That's making the biggest decision in your life for all the wrong reasons. Those people on Twitter will be the same people that will tear you down when you throw an interception or make a bad play."

Oh, Sam. Sam, Sam, Sam.
You don't know the half of it.