Salaries, experience, performance....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
BonifayRam clearing the bases:
Its way too early to be able to see if Jake Long is close to what he was when he started game 16. Davin Joseph sure looked like the player that Bucs fired! Rodger Saffold was unhealthy early in camp with a stinger in the shoulder/neck area then when he got close he started his first pre season game & went out with a ankle just when he was getting close Saffold starts first game & once again he has another injury/stinger in the neck.....if I was using everything I have seen since the end of the 2010 season ... I feel convinced that Saffold can not be counted on to start & remain healthy on the field period. Time to move in a different direction @ first chance.....maybe he should be the new 6th OL'ers that way we get a chance keep him healthy & for him to earn his money . Greg Robinson (Saffold back up) presently is far from being ready to play @ this time. Scott Wells has failed completely to be worth what the Rams paid him for. Tim Barnes ...Wells back up has had a less than ideal 2014 early season thus far. Barnes has shown no improvement. Barrett Jones still remains a very big mystery we have no ideal whats there.

I have two positives in the OL. Mike Person has been the only real bright spot in OTA's/TC & pre season but @ best he is nothing more than a #6 to #7 reserve OL'er. The only Ram OL that I think has a long range Ram future is ORT Joe Barksdale.
I'd add something to what you said but you didn't leave me anything to talk about. :LOL: I agree with all of that although I will say something about Saffold's stinger. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I've had that same injury and I think they put him on the field to early. My recollections of my injury involved many weeks of pain that came and went. Every time you thought you'd healed up you'd turn your head quickly to find your seat belt/shoulder harness and find the pain was still there.

Huge area of need but then we and the Rams already knew that. The good news is that I think we've done something about the depth at CB. O-line, FS and OLB look to be our only big areas of need. It also might be to early to say the situation at FS is still dire. We'll see.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bar
Its way too early to be able to see if Jake Long is close to what he was when he started game 16. Davin Joseph sure looked like the player that Bucs fired! Rodger Saffold was unhealthy early in camp with a stinger in the shoulder/neck area then when he got close he started his first pre season game & went out with a ankle just when he was getting close Saffold starts first game & once again he has another injury/stinger in the neck.....if I was using everything I have seen since the end of the 2010 season ... I feel convinced that Saffold can not be counted on to start & remain healthy on the field period. Time to move in a different direction @ first chance.....maybe he should be the new 6th OL'ers that way we get a chance keep him healthy & for him to earn his money . Greg Robinson (Saffold back up) presently is far from being ready to play @ this time. Scott Wells has failed completely to be worth what the Rams paid him for. Tim Barnes ...Wells back up has had a less than ideal 2014 early season thus far. Barnes has shown no improvement. Barrett Jones still remains a very big mystery we have no ideal whats there.

I have two positives in the OL. Mike Person has been the only real bright spot in OTA's/TC & pre season but @ best he is nothing more than a #6 to #7 reserve OL'er. The only Ram OL that I think has a long range Ram future is ORT Joe Barksdale. :bueller:[/QUOTE
Barksdale? Yes.
Saffold? Don't know. I think he is very talented and a great fit at RG.
Will see how much he is on the field the rest of the way.