Saints wanted Tru

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that sucks. Tru is a good player, but I would have taken that deal.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I love tru and he is a proven player but honestly where will be be next year? Could of drafted a corner in round 2 that would be on the team for years to come . Either way great off-season so far for snead

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wish that would have gone through. Sigh.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Probably because he is asking for more then the Rams are comfortable giving him. Let him play another year in Phillips D and see how he does. Then offer him a fair contract based on his career performance, injury history, etc. and if he really wants to play for the Rams he will, or he can get more than he's worth from some other team.
If the Saints were offering a 2nd round pick, it would certainly have to come with a contract. Which is up to the agent.
Good luck getting a huge contract next year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We give: Trumaine, and #37
We get: #32, #41

Who says no :yess:

And if he doesn't sign an extension with new team, then re-sign him after next year If he loves LA... That would work!!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Probably couldn't do it considering their cap situation. Having the Saints pay a smaller portion of the contract while we pay a huge chunk of it and a 2nd would've been nice. I can see more interactions between teams with lower and higher caps since that Osweiler trade to the Browns.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Calling BS on the article.
Of course his trade value is immeasurably higher if he agrees to a long term deal. He hasn't signed one in 2 seasons, got wicked overpaid for it and now will be a UFA after the season.
If he has a great year he's in for a lottery pay out

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, color me skeptical about how badly Tru wants to stay in LA. Talk is cheap.

He's had 2 offsesons to get a reasonable contract done, yet it hasn't happened.

Another thing. It appears that Wade isn't exactly pounding the table for Tru. Not if the Saints trade was allowed to be all but wrapped up. What does that tell us?

Know what? I'm a little bit more than halfway pissed off at Tru. He and his agent have been jerking us around for 2 damned years.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't want him going anywhere. I wanted him over Jenkins. I think he will be a beast yet again. Guy doesn't get nearly enough credit

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think we were offered that deal. If it were real, it seems it could have been worked out.

But, I have no idea.

That said; I agree with @Selassie . I wouldn't want to land in New Orleans.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well at least we know it wasn't Les. He went and got a great offer for Tru

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
SO I have a question (hi guys and girls, long time no talk to). Say the Rams did trade Tru, would the Saints take on the franchise amount or can they sign him to a new contract?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Maybe it will happen after the Draft and we can use the money in the post Draft FA Market!!(y);):D
I'd be down for that. I like Tru but would like a 2nd and the cap room more.Still hope it happens before day 2.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
SO I have a question (hi guys and girls, long time no talk to). Say the Rams did trade Tru, would the Saints take on the franchise amount or can they sign him to a new contract?

Read the original post. The Saints wouldn't take him without a contract extension and Tru refused.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Read the original post. The Saints wouldn't take him without a contract extension and Tru refused.
What he's asking is....would they have to pay him the franchise tag amount this season, or could they work out a long term deal to pay him less THIS season