Saints suspensions overturned?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Is it true that an appeals group overturned the suspensions given to the Saints players (or, ex-players) by Roger Goodell? If this is true how will this affect Gregg Williams?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, they're able to play week 1, unless Goodell can prove intent to injure. Then he can go back and suspend again.. I highly doubt he'll be able to prove that though, but you never know. He'll do something I'm sure though.

As far as I know it didn't do anything for the coaches, their punishments all still stand.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
If the Saints release Curtis Lofton hopefully the Ram's pick him up. It would be a smart move

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluesjoc said:
If the Saints release Curtis Lofton hopefully the Ram's pick him up. It would be a smart move

I dont think they would release Lofton, especially since they are not in cap trouble, but I dont think Id sign him even if he was available at a relatively low price. I like Curtis Lofton but he is considered a 2 down MLB. The one position we do not need among the LBs. Could he play SLB? Maybe, but he'd be out of position. Id rather have a natural OLB.

Also coming off of a high ankle sprain.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the news! It will be very interesting to see how Roger Goodell deals with this decision. He can't be too happy since it seems to question his overall authority but will he still pursue penalties for those players or will he decide enough is enough? This has turned into a real SOAP OPERA!