Saints release Keenan Lewis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I remain concerned about our DB's, ... Lewis is expected to be back practicing by the first game of the season, wonder if a 1 year offer might be warranted ? Is Sensabaugh really a sure thing for us ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always laugh at these threads. Anytime somebody is cut we automatically have a thread that we need to pick him up, not taking a shot at you BBQ sorry. I'll say this for Lewis, he was cut from the worst defense in the NFL last year before a mandatory cut down date. That's about all that needs to be said for him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Was wondering if any Ram fans have heard of Troy Hill ?? He has just made the team !! He is going to be a big part of special teams. The Rams are set at CB.

EJ Gaines should be ready to go opening game.

Roberson is solid.

Coty was making plays in practice Thursday. He even got a chant. If you watch game against Cowboys you will see he was always in good position .

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always laugh at these threads. Anytime somebody is cut we automatically have a thread that we need to pick him up, not taking a shot at you BBQ sorry. I'll say this for Lewis, he was cut from the worst defense in the NFL last year before a mandatory cut down date. That's about all that needs to be said for him.

:LOL:
And I always laugh at the critics of threads which mention potentially available free agents at positions of possible need. Guess I forgot that the Rams have been so good this past decade that there is any need for further improvement. I also enjoy how after taking a shot at a poster, those doing it invariably say something like ... 'not taking a shot at you'.

My thread included two questions (notice the question marks?), ... not a statement of absolute necessity. Lewis has been beset by injuries after two fine seasons during 2013 & 2014, including 3 surgeries in 2015 and a more minor hip problem throughout the 2016 pre-season. He's expected to be ready to test in about 3 weeks time, and Lewis expects to be near 100% at that time. There are likely to be several DB's cut in the next few weeks, and if depth for the Rams is still considered a weakness at that time, who's to say a few players won't be brought in to test ? Doubtful Lewis is signed by anyone before proving he is capable once again, so he may be available to be tested around that same time when NFL rosters cut down to 53, along with a number of other new free agents.

As stated, i'm not yet convinced our defensive backfield is a net positive, ... maybe it is, but I have lingering uncertainties at CB, FS & WR. Maybe that's just me though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
:LOL:
And I always laugh at the critics of threads which mention potentially available free agents at positions of possible need. Guess I forgot that the Rams have been so good this past decade that there is any need for further improvement. I also enjoy how after taking a shot at a poster, those doing it invariably say something like ... 'not taking a shot at you'.

My thread included two questions (notice the question marks?), ... not a statement of absolute necessity. Lewis has been beset by injuries after two fine seasons during 2013 & 2014, including 3 surgeries in 2015 and a more minor hip problem throughout the 2016 pre-season. He's expected to be ready to test in about 3 weeks time, and Lewis expects to be near 100% at that time. There are likely to be several DB's cut in the next few weeks, and if depth for the Rams is still considered a weakness at that time, who's to say a few players won't be brought in to test ? Doubtful Lewis is signed by anyone before proving he is capable once again, so he may be available to be tested around that same time when NFL rosters cut down to 53, along with a number of other new free agents.

As stated, i'm not yet convinced our defensive backfield is a net positive, ... maybe it is, but I have lingering uncertainties at CB, FS & WR. Maybe that's just me though.

I didn't realize stating that these threads pop up all the time was a shot at you BBQ I apologize I don't have any reason to take one at you. IMO Lewis is average at best if able to stay healthy. He wouldn't contribute anything to our defense that we don't already have in camp.

Johnson
Gaines
Joyner
Roberson
Hill
Sensabaugh
Bryant

There's 7 corners who are healthy, aside from Gaines that we know of. In our camp learning our defense and developing a rapport with the rest of the team. Lewis has had one good year ironically it was his contract year go figure. He's a guy who's been hit with injuries lately and struggled the last 2 years when on the field. I trust Fisher and Williams in their evaluations at DB and DLine so if they want him great but CB is one spot I'm not worried about at all.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Was wondering if any Ram fans have heard of Troy Hill ?? He has just made the team !! He is going to be a big part of special teams. The Rams are set at CB.

EJ Gaines should be ready to go opening game.

Roberson is solid.

Coty was making plays in practice Thursday. He even got a chant. If you watch game against Cowboys you will see he was always in good position .
Unfortunately, I also remember Tye Hill being in good position too. While I hope this was a good signing, it hasn't looked promising thus far.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If you watch game against Cowboys you will see he was always in good position .
Sensabaugh is a real good athlete, that hasn't quite put it all together...With additional reps, he should look much better. I think the physical part of the game is still, well we don't really practice all that hard, so bumping and grinding in man to man coverage is kinda fresh in 2016. I expect Sensabaugh to have a much better game. I'm hoping they put him on Maclin...or Conley.

I also like Troy Hill....And I wanna see more of Roberson...basically, no need to add Lewis yet...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Unfortunately, I also remember Tye Hill being in good position too. While I hope this was a good signing, it hasn't looked promising thus far.
What was the price for let's say EJ Gaines or Troy Hill ??

E. D. Was commenting Troy Hills tackling & coverage. He says you don't see CB tackle like that .
EJ Gaines tackles really real, even from his days at MIZZU.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sensabaugh is a real good athlete, that hasn't quite put it all together...With additional reps, he should look much better. I think the physical part of the game is still, well we don't really practice all that hard, so bumping and grinding in man to man coverage is kinda fresh in 2016. I expect Sensabaugh to have a much better game. I'm hoping they put him on Maclin...or Conley.

I also like Troy Hill....And I wanna see more of Roberson...basically, no need to add Lewis yet...

Well Joyner is playing the nickle corner. He got kicked out along with Macklin.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well Joyner is playing the nickle corner.
And he's a nckle corner because????? I mean, why is he assumed to start at nickle? In reality, Sensabaugh, who has been bad, is much better than Joyner...the only reason I see Joyner starting is because of some belief that he's a playmaker...but I don't see it...

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
gotta admit it crossed my mind when I saw he got cut. I believe he had his best year in Gregg Williams defense a few years back. but I don't know who you cut in our secondary to make room for him