Saints may Trade Sean Peyton?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I wish we would be partners but I'm not getting my hopes up

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ean-payton-walk-but-trade-is-real-possibility

Saints won't let Asshole Face walk, but a trade for picks is a real possibility

Several teams are prepared to approach the New Orleans Saints about trading for head coach Asshole Face, according to league sources, and under the right set of circumstances that's a possibility that could well appeal to him. Contrary to a previous report, the Saints are not entertaining the prospect of releasing their most successful coach in franchise history from his deal and would not do so.

Payton is focused on the task at hand with the Saints and enjoys some unique circumstances there. Payton and GM Mickey Loomis essentially have full autonomy, with owner Tom Benson dealing with health issues and not a significant factor in organizational decisions, sources said. Payton is also very enthused about some of the talent on his young team, and any of the machinations about his future are taking place at a level he is not involved in. His mind is on the next game, but the reality is that other pro and college programs have been interested in him in the past and will be so again this winter.

The Dolphins, for one, are very interested in Payton, but it would likely take a change in their organizational structure to make that a job that most interested him, according to sources. The Titans, Colts and Browns could be in the market for his services as well, and the rebuilding Saints would likely be interested in the kind of draft-pick compensation a coach as distinguished as Payton could yield with two years left on his contract.

In a year in which a slew of openings are expected and in which there are few proven A-list candidates, a coach like Payton would have a particular allure, and he has no shortage of advocates in the league. A change of scenery could be the best thing for him at this point, and given the cap and roster issues the Saints face, January could make sense for all parties for a parting of the ways.

Regardless, Payton would be a cog in the process, and not spearheading it, as he has not expressed a desire to leave the team. Any approaches for him would be made at an ownership level well above his head. If a team pursuing him were not to his liking, however, Payton could scuttle the deal, and sources said the Saints would not deal him somewhere he did not want to go.

He would not sign an extension with a team that would not appeal to him, and that would be a component of any deal given the amount of compensation required to acquire him. But with the Saints in a recent free fall and their long-term ownership future in a state of uncertainty, sources said they will be approached by several other clubs about the status of their head coach, and dealing him could propel their rebuild.

FRO

Legend
Payton is the offensive version of Fisher. His defenses usually suck. I want balance.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I would be happy to have Payton because he would do wonders fixing our offense. Not so sure about his defense, they're usually bad, and I don't think the NFL would let Payton keep Gregg Williams as DC. If we did this, he'd have to bring in another DC most definitely, and it'd have to be a real good one with full control to get me to do this. Also depends on the compensation, I'd rather not pay too much draft pick wise when we could get Adam Gase or Hue Jackson for free.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trade our extra second from the foles trade for him (it's likely a package deal that includes drew Brees) then draft goff and let him learn behind Brees for 3-4 years. Keep gw let him run the d

Psycho_X

Legend
First off there's no way Greg Williams and Peyton ever work together again at all. Peyton basically threw Williams under the bus and there is a lot of bad blood there it seems. Also, it'd take an owner willing to do trades himself and be responsible for his own teams. Something Kroenke seems to have little interest in. It'd take him firing the entire Rams coaching staff and keeping Snead just so he could do the trade deal. And I don't see Kroenke getting that involved especially when he's more worried about what field his team will be playing on than the team playing on the field.

It would be a good start though in rebuilding trust if he did. Like many have said Peyton has failed on defense like Fisher has on offense though with the exception of when Williams was with him. All though losing 41-38 all the time might be at least more exciting than losing 27-3 or 10-6 or whatever sub-10 point score we can put up lol.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I wish we would be partners but I'm not getting my hopes up

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ean-payton-walk-but-trade-is-real-possibility

Saints won't let Asshole Face walk, but a trade for picks is a real possibility

Several teams are prepared to approach the New Orleans Saints about trading for head coach Asshole Face, according to league sources, and under the right set of circumstances that's a possibility that could well appeal to him. Contrary to a previous report, the Saints are not entertaining the prospect of releasing their most successful coach in franchise history from his deal and would not do so.

Payton is focused on the task at hand with the Saints and enjoys some unique circumstances there. Payton and GM Mickey Loomis essentially have full autonomy, with owner Tom Benson dealing with health issues and not a significant factor in organizational decisions, sources said. Payton is also very enthused about some of the talent on his young team, and any of the machinations about his future are taking place at a level he is not involved in. His mind is on the next game, but the reality is that other pro and college programs have been interested in him in the past and will be so again this winter.

The Dolphins, for one, are very interested in Payton, but it would likely take a change in their organizational structure to make that a job that most interested him, according to sources. The Titans, Colts and Browns could be in the market for his services as well, and the rebuilding Saints would likely be interested in the kind of draft-pick compensation a coach as distinguished as Payton could yield with two years left on his contract.

In a year in which a slew of openings are expected and in which there are few proven A-list candidates, a coach like Payton would have a particular allure, and he has no shortage of advocates in the league. A change of scenery could be the best thing for him at this point, and given the cap and roster issues the Saints face, January could make sense for all parties for a parting of the ways.

Regardless, Payton would be a cog in the process, and not spearheading it, as he has not expressed a desire to leave the team. Any approaches for him would be made at an ownership level well above his head. If a team pursuing him were not to his liking, however, Payton could scuttle the deal, and sources said the Saints would not deal him somewhere he did not want to go.

He would not sign an extension with a team that would not appeal to him, and that would be a component of any deal given the amount of compensation required to acquire him. But with the Saints in a recent free fall and their long-term ownership future in a state of uncertainty, sources said they will be approached by several other clubs about the status of their head coach, and dealing him could propel their rebuild.

I would imagine that we would have to fire GW if we did.
No way he would work with GW again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Payton would bring this team more offense than any draft pick. Dude knows offense and passing game and would put this team on the map next year.

So of course it won't happen.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Payton is the offensive version of Fisher. His defenses usually suck. I want balance.

Same.

Why the hell are so many guys that come from one side of the ball so utterly and completely unbalanced??

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Same.

Why the hell are so many guys that come from one side of the ball so utterly and completely unbalanced??

Same with a caveat... If I had to choose, I'd rather have a dominate offense than a dominate defense. It's way more fun to watch.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Same with a caveat... If I had to choose, I'd rather have a dominate offense than a dominate defense. It's way more fun to watch.

Yeah, those GSOT Rams were fun to watch and I wouldn't call any of those defenses dominant.

My football wet dream is to have an offense like that along with a defense like we have now (when healthy). Probably impossible in the salary cap era, but I can dream.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Brees helps make him look good and there is no QB here. I agree with the others, no way the league allows those two (Payton and Williams) to work together.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I think Brees helps make him look good and there is no QB here. I agree with the others, no way the league allows those two (Payton and Williams) to work together.

I don't believe they want to work together, but I don't believe there is some kind of league conspiracy that would prevent it. He's fully reinstated.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't believe they want to work together, but I don't believe there is some kind of league conspiracy that would prevent it. He's fully reinstated.
You could well be right. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
bs-sp-bengals-hue-jackson-0907-20140906