Saggy PantsBannedOn Boardwalk By Wildwood, NewJersey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
This ones for you X.

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3431411" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3431411</a>

WAYNE PARRY AP Jun 12, 2013

WILDWOOD, N.J. -- Hindsight will soon be punishable by a $25 finein thisJersey Shoreresort.

Wildwood passed a law Wednesday night banning overly saggy pants onthe boardwalk, prompted by numerous complaintsfrom longtime visitors about having to see people'srear endshanging out in public.Subsequent violationsof the law, which could take effect as early as July 2, could result infines ashigh as $200, and 40 hoursof community service.

Civil libertarianssay the law is unconstitutional and predict it will be overturned if challenged incourt.

But Mayor Ernest Troiano Jr. said the issue issimple.

"This is just adding a littlebit of decency to our town," hesaid. "It's amazing – and thisis a pun – how far decency has fallen through the cracks."

Wildwood isa resort town near the southernmost tip of New Jersey. It is famous for itsdoo-wop `50smusical culture, itsneonart-deco motels, and ridiculously wide beachesthat are free –a rarity in New Jersey, which forces most other beachgoers to pay for the privilege.

Thelaw passed unanimously, and no one spokeagainst it. Several residents strongly supported the law.

"It's long overdue," said Mary Erceg. "Peoplewho chooseto dresslikethat offend any person. Therehas to besome common standard of decency. It offends all of us."

"We need it," added resident Dennis Flynn. "This isour city. Youhaveto respect it."

Knownpopularly as "sagging," the trend originated in theU.S. prisonsystem, where inmates are not allowed to wear belts. It was popularized by hip-hop artists and embraced by youths.

Authoritiesin suburbsof New Orleans, Chicago, Atlanta, Detroit, Miami and Jacksonville, Fla., are among thosewho have passed laws banning overly droopy pants.

Bathing suitsare already prohibited for both sexeson theWildwood boardwalk, unlesscovered up by other clothing.

City Commissioner Pete Byronsaid the city isnot trying to bethe fashion police.

"There'sa line that getscrossed between being a fashionstatement and being obnoxious," he said. "Familiescan feel threatened."

TheAmerican Civil LibertiesUnion of New Jersey has declined to take a positionon the law, but other ACLU chaptersaround the country have said suchlaws areunconstitutional.

Troiano said he hopes no onewill have to be cited by police for violating the ordinance. Rather, he said, a well-placed word from anofficer should suffice to convinceboardwalk patronswith overly low-slung jeansto hike themup.

Police Chief Steven Long said his officers will respond appropriately when they see violations.

"The ultimate goal iscompliance," he said. "We'rejust trying to makethe city a better place to visit."

"The city isnot going to beout hunting these kidsdown," the mayor said. "We're not going to be out there with a tape measure. But we know what's right and not right. If we don't make anattempt to clean our town up, who's going to?"

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also found this

The Game, known for wearing is pants way below his waist, has called the ban "racist," TMZ reports. "Niggas should sag down to their socks out there," the rapper told the gossip site. "They trying to get people to not sag, please. Can’t tell people how to wear their fucking clothes. What time are we in? This ain't the fucking slave days. Fuck that."

The L.A. rapper even got "poetic" with his allegiance towards his outlaw style. "I am with the sagging movement. First five people to get fines, I will pay their tickets ... I will go there and sag cause I am a sagging Sagittarius," The Game said.

Is this guy kidding me RACIST? SLAVERY? does he even know what those terms mean.
So tired of the race card being pulled when some moron doesn't like a law or ban. It not just blacj people who sag whites Hispanics and asians do as well so how is this racist. And asking for common self decency is not slavery give me a break.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Didn't Larry Flynt already fight this battle and win the the Supreme Court? The gov't can't legislate decency.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
Didn't Larry Flynt already fight this battle and win the the Supreme Court? The gov't can't legislate decency.
Sure they can. You can't walk around naked, can you?

And I hope every city in the Country adopts this ordinance.
Y'all look like fucking morons wearing your pants like that. And the worst part is, it's prison code for "I'm available."

lol. Idiots.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
Stranger said:

Y'all look like freaking morons wearing your pants like that. And the worst part is, it's prison code for "I'm available."

lol. Idiots.
I do think it's dumb that they wear their pants like that, I'm not sure I think it should be banned. They're not really exposing themselves. If they want to look dumb, they should be able to

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
brokeu91 said:
X said:
Stranger said:

Y'all look like freaking morons wearing your pants like that. And the worst part is, it's prison code for "I'm available."

lol. Idiots.
I do think it's dumb that they wear their pants like that, I'm not sure I think it should be banned. They're not really exposing themselves. If they want to look dumb, they should be able to

Fuck that.....I don't wanna see someones underwear. It's tactless. How about if I unzip and pull my junk out through the open zipper but still have my underwear on.....is that cool? Hell no.

The fact that some people cannot wrap their head around why it is poor behavior says a lot about how far standards have fallen.

And dont even get me started on the black guy using the term "nigga". An entire generation or two of black people would like to beat the shit outta anyone using that vicious term and yet younger people use it daily with no understanding of it. I've even seen Hispanic people use it...LOL seriously?!?!?!

Simple...pull your fucking pants up we aren't interested in seeing your underwear.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Give 'em the power to legislate decency, and you give them the power to do anything in its name. Here's how Woody Allen dealt with the problem in his movie Bananas...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79U0RKEU4TI[/youtube]

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Stranger said:
Give 'em the power to legislate decency, and you give them the power to do anything in its name. Here's how Woody Allen dealt with the problem in his movie Bananas...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79U0RKEU4TI[/youtube]

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Stranger said:
Give 'em the power to legislate decency, and you give them the power to do anything in its name.
I see your point, yet I can also see the poser's ass. That's a much bigger impression.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Stranger said:

Y'all look like fucking morons wearing your pants like that. And the worst part is, it's prison code for "I'm available."

lol. Idiots.

Depends. In Oregon, it is legal to go nude in public. You just can't be doing anything "lascivious" in nature or for sexual gratification. Not sure how they actually enforce that but public nudity is legal.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Stranger said:

lol. Idiots.

Depends. In Oregon, it is legal to go nude in public. You just can't be doing anything "lascivious" in nature or for sexual gratification. Not sure how they actually enforce that but public nudity is legal.

Well there isn't much point in being naked then LOL.

I'm a little surprised complete nudity is legal.....when was the law passed? Have you ever seen anyone....errrrr....exercising their rights? It wold probably make the news even though it's lawful.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Stranger said:

lol. Idiots.

I'm a little surprised complete nudity is legal.....when was the law passed? Have you ever seen anyone....errrrr....exercising their rights? It wold probably make the news even though it's lawful.

You generally only see it during gay "pride" stuff or protests. Other than that it is generally just a girl wanting to sunbathe topless in a park. Who am I to complain.... well.... depending. :what:

The law has been on the books for a long time and has been challenged a few times lately. I think it is more that the law doesn't specifically prohibit it, but I could be wrong.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Stranger said:

lol. Idiots.

You generally only see it during gay "pride" stuff or protests. Other than that it is generally just a girl wanting to sunbathe topless in a park. Who am I to complain.... well.... depending. :what:

The law has been on the books for a long time and has been challenged a few times lately. I think it is more that the law doesn't specifically prohibit it, but I could be wrong.

I'm imagining walking around downtown talking to chicks while stark naked.....I may fly out there just to do it. I think I'm gonna put that on the bucket list. I'm kidding of course (right).

I can see that law being added a bazillion years ago and I can see people challenging it because the possibility must be too much for them to bare....errrrrr.....bear. It's a bit much to be allowed to roam around naked.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Stranger said:

lol. Idiots.

where do they get the power to make it illegal? who's the victim? how is anyone else inalienable right infringed by another's nudity?

Liberty, at least how the founders intended, means having to tolerate other's liberties.

I cant stop u from walking around naked and you cant force me to wear clothes.... at least that is how it was supposed to work.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Stranger said:

lol. Idiots.

where do they get the power to make it illegal? who's the victim? how is anyone else inalienable right infringed by another's nudity?

Liberty, at least how the founders intended, means having to tolerate other's liberties.

I cant stop u from walking around naked and you cant force me to wear clothes.... at least that is how it was supposed to work.
I'm 100% sure that public nudity was not a part of the Founding Father's vision for this Country. In fact, as you know, morality was a HUGE influence. I understand what you're saying though, and I agree in principle, but we really do need liberty to be tempered by morality. Everyone has a moral compass, and most people are inherently good and moral. Letting the Country run wild with the freedom to do whatever the fuck they want, in the interest of "liberty" is a recipe for disaster, IMO.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Stranger said:
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Stranger said:

lol. Idiots.

I'm 100% sure that public nudity was not a part of the Founding Father's vision for this Country. In fact, as you know, morality was a HUGE influence. I understand what you're saying though, and I agree in principle, but we really do need liberty to be tempered by morality. Everyone has a moral compass, and most people are inherently good and moral. Letting the Country run wild with the freedom to do whatever the fuck they want, in the interest of "liberty" is a recipe for disaster, IMO.
Gay marriage probably wasn't on the Founding Father's radar either, but inalienable rights give people the liberty to a lot of things. However, I totally agree on your comments regarding our moral compass. I just believe that trying to legislate morality is a very slippery and dangerous slope. I think we have to address morality without allowing the gov't to get involved, because they're certainly is no morality in D.C.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
X said:
Stranger said:
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Stranger said:

lol. Idiots.

Gay marriage probably wasn't on the Founding Father's radar either, but inalienable rights give people the liberty to a lot of things. However, I totally agree on your comments regarding our moral compass. I just believe that trying to legislate morality is a very slippery and dangerous slope. I think we have to address morality without allowing the gov't to get involved, because they're certainly is no morality in D.C.
I agree w/that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stranger said:

This only naked? Who's the victim NOW bitch? :sly: :sick: :sly:

images

BTW... I threw up in my mouth a bit while looking this shit up.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
503, I've got to meet you someday because you are one sick puppy!!!!!!!!! :sly: