Saffold update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
That would be the first good news we've gotten all week.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
d8DEOtY.gif

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
He goes down every game and it always looks so serious. Then he is fine the next week... strange.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
Rams docs need to be evaluated. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but Bradford and Long reinjuring the same injuries and now Saffold with the same shoulder? This is an awful lot to chalk up to coincidence. Can't help but wonder if they are being forced to bring people back too early.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO it's time for a new team physician the Raiders failed Saffold and the shoulder, but the Rams passed him. Long had some previous issues as well. God something has to give, but I'm just getting sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO it's time for a new team physician the Raiders failed Saffold and the shoulder, but the Rams passed him. Long had some previous issues as well. God something has to give, but I'm just getting sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Agreed. Too bad the Rams don't have the Phoenix Suns' training staff. Best in pro sports.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i think someone siad the original injury for saffold happened in high school. If he doesnt get surgery its going to keep flaring up.

fearsomefour

Legend
Saffold keeps leaving games this year then it turns out to not be serious.....if indeed his shoulder is ok. Maybe his pain tolerance is different than other players.
I am not saying that in a judge mental way as Im sure a glancing blow from one these guys would put me on the shelf for weeks.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I've never been too keen on the RAMS training staff and doctors. We seem to hit the injury bug way too much. And when we do it comes in spades. They should bring in an outside source to evaluate what is right/wrong. We can't be doing things right. Yesterday remined me of the pre-season game against Cleveland. I thought they might have tryouts today to fill the spots vacated by injury.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure their team physicians found anything wrong with Saffold. I think they just realized that they just gave a TON of money to a player that ALWAYS gets injured and decided to find a way out. If they really did find something wrong and the Rams physician didn't find anything, then there are major issues with the Rams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I said in the preseason that should the trifecta of Sam ,Long ,and Saffold all be lost to injury someone needed to be accountable for the riskiness of keeping all three . Saffold is not out for the year yet so that hasn't technically happened .

On the other hand I will say this the back to back SB winning Broncos had Mark Schlereth as their best guard ,he had 17 or more knee operations during his NFL career, if you don't play some players with injury history you will always have the youngest roster in the league full of UDFA's and draft choices whose single BFOQ is they've been healthy

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Everybody handles pain differently but on the surface it does seem that he has a low tolerance for it.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure their team physicians found anything wrong with Saffold. I think they just realized that they just gave a TON of money to a player that ALWAYS gets injured and decided to find a way out. If they really did find something wrong and the Rams physician didn't find anything, then there are major issues with the Rams.
That shoulder has been hurt since high school. imo its gone keep flaring up until he takes care of it

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Some guys get hurt, some get injured...Saffold is always injured which is almost worse because you still kind of count on him even though you know you shouldn't.
Good or bad he's with us for the next four years or so

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
This season is toast so send him to get it repaired now so it doesn't screw up next year too.