Saffold...signifcant pec injury. Surgery?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He strained his pec lifting today, might need surgery. Mark LeVoir @ LT Sunday.

The fun continues!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Devaney just had a stroke.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We are going to have to find another tackle, and release another player because of it. Gee wiz.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Barrison6 said:
Well back in the Luck sweepstakes we go... :whome?:

I dont think its that big of a hit.

Its not like we are going to lose out because we lost our LT, who has underperformed this year. IMO Levoir will do a serviceable job.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm glad that there aren't any children who are near my approximate location at this time. Their ears would probably be scarred for life.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
chris clemons always plays great vs us... i cant remember if he is a LE or RE tho? i wouldnt fancy levoir in that match up tho

bluecoconuts

Legend
fu-suicide.gif

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
According to a JT article on the PD site, it sounds like Saffold will need surgery and go on IR.

I just don't know what to say. There are no words to describe this injury situation.

Maybe we should bring back the trainer that was fired.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
We are going to have to find another tackle, and release another player because of it. Gee wiz.
Won't the new tackle just take Saffold's position when he is IR'd?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
DR RAM said:
Yeah. Hoping he doesn't get IR'd though. Laurinaitis had a pec injury during preseason (I think) and he was able to pull out of it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
steferfootball said:
DR RAM said:
Yeah. Hoping he doesn't get IR'd though. Laurinaitis had a pec injury during preseason (I think) and he was able to pull out of it.
Yeah, the new tackle will, but now we don't have any backups. That's the problem. Either Levoir or Goldberg gets hurt, then what? If he's out, we will have to sign another tackle.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Rams placed LT Rodger Saffold on injured reserve with a torn pectoral, ending his season.

Saffold's year was ended by a weight-room mishap. One of the league's top rookie lineman in 2010, Saffold regressed badly this season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' fifth-worst left tackle through 10 weeks. He'll be replaced by journeyman G/T Mark LeVoir, who has made just three career starts in 38 games since entering the league in 2006. Already the victim of horrendous pass blocking for much of the season, things just got tougher for Sam Bradford.

Rams promoted OT Kevin Hughes from the PS to replace him

:nono:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.
-- Lou Holtz