Safety LaRon Landry is available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkvWvO0RQ2U

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ron-landry-waive-andrew-jackson-xavier-nixon/

Colts release LaRon Landry, waive Andrew Jackson, Xavier Nixon
Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 11, 2015

laronlandry.jpg
AP

On a sleepy Wednesday in one of the quiet points of the NFL offseason, the Colts shook up their roster.

The club announced the release of three players this morning: safety LaRon Landry, offensive tackle Xavier Nixon and linebacker Andrew Jackson. Landry was outright released, while Nixon and Jackson are subject to waivers.

The 30-year-old Landry notched 46 tackles and 2.5 sacks in 11 games (six starts) in 2014. He served a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances in the fall. Landry was slated to make $3.5 million in 2015 and $4.5 million in 2016, per Rotoworld data.

While the release of Landry could well be tied to finances, the departures of Nixon and Jackson could be not-so-subtle messages to the rest of the roster.

A55VA6

Legend
I kind of expected this move for them. It only makes sense.

I'm willing to bet the Rams feel pretty good about the safety spot right now so I don't think they'd bring a guy like Landry in.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only thing shocking about this is that he got cut BEFORE Trent Richardson
Neither guy was going to be on that team at the new league year

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's older and not that good. He's plenty talented but he's just not consistent

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/11/laron-landry-got-13-29-million-for-18-starts/

LaRon Landry got $13.29 million for 18 starts
Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2015

landry.jpg
Getty Images

Two years ago, the Colts signed safety LaRon Landry. His time in Indy has ended with only 18 regular-season starts — and $13.29 million.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Landry received a signing bonus of $7 million, a 2013 base salary of $4 million, and a prorated (due to suspension) 2014 base salary of $2.2 million.

Cutting Landry avoids a 2015 base salary of $3.5 million. It also triggers a cap acceleration of $3.5 million. So it’s basically a wash for the Colts in the coming year, from a cap standpoint.

A vested veteran, Landry instantly becomes a free agent, which gives him a head start on the looming market for veteran players.

manmaderam

The one and only
To be honest I think I would rather try and grab Nixon off waivers. (Nothing wrong with Depth). Anyone got any stats on that kid?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
If the Rams decided to field an all-body building squad, Landry would be a great pickup.
th

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Landry is like a lesser version of Mark Barron. He is a heavy hitter/great tackler but he gets beat in coverage too often. We have no need for him on this roster.