Safety Eric Weddle to sign with the Ravens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/report-eric-weddle-will-sign-with-the-ravens/

Report: Eric Weddle will sign with the Ravens
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptlkota0y2i5mtzhzwrlntrjmmy5yzdimdq2y2vhymu5-e1430926974328.jpeg
Getty Images

When it comes to free agents, the Ravens like them old and still productive.

Days after adding 35-year-old tight end Benjamin Watson, the Ravens reportedly will be signing former Chargers safety Eric Weddle.

Reports Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Weddle will be a Raven.

Per multiple reports, it’s a four-year, $26 million deal, with $13 million paid out in the first two years. That’s $6.5 million annually for Weddle.

That compares favorably to the five-year, $36 million contract signed by Jaguars safetyTashaun Gipson last week. He’ll also get $13 million in the first two years, with an average of $7.2 million.

The decision represents a quick whittling of the four options Weddle had on the table, given the news that he had a quartet of opportunities and that he planned to reduce the field to two without a counteroffer before negotiating with the finalists and picking a new team.

Weddle, 30, spent nine years with the Chargers before becoming a free agent last week. Acee reports that the other three interested teams were the Cowboys, Raiders, and Steelers.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Fuck I would have paid that. But he did say he wanted to go to a contender. I doubt he sees the rams as contenders with no QB.,