Safety Alert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
For those of you with teenagers, I feel I should share what happened to my 16yr old daughter last night. She went to the movies with three of her friends ( all guys) and they stopped by McDonalds afterwards like teenagers do to snack and talk smack. Upon getting back to their cars, she realized her cell phone was missing. She went back inside to look for it with no success. She then called it using her friend's phone and a guy answered. He said something smart and said bye. She called back a few minutes later after trying to track phone. Another voice answered telling her a stranger just handed him the phone. He said the other guy must have got spooked and dropped off the phone. He tells her to meet him at a nearby store parking lot to get phone. Of course by now it's past 11 pm and most stores are closed. Meanwhile, she has deactivated phone so no one could use it. This allows the phone to only call the last # of the last incoming call. So, my daughter, and her friends, being the nerdy smart kids they are, phone the police to report the phone being taken. While waiting for the police to arrive, the guy Skypes them back, holding the phone away from his face, trying to talk them into still meeting to get the phone. The police arrive and after about 30 minutes, track the guy down in a Wal Mart parking lot where he witnesses the guy chunking the phone out the window as he was pulling him over. Best case scenario, he was trying to lure her to rob her and her friends or much much worse. The scumbag is behind bars tonight charged with possession of stolen property. I'm assuming a felony since it's a new iPhone worth more than $500. (Felony in state of Georgia) I'm hoping there is a way he can be charged with more but only evidence would be the Skype call and I don't know if that is enough. So, I'm glad I'm raising a smart geeky kid with smart geeky friends. If it would have been me and my friends back in the day, we would have rushed over to try and kick some butt just to find ourselves in a pickle. Please warn your kids that this has become a common tactic of robbers and sex slave traffickers in our world today and it can happen in any town or city. I can't get any more info on the guy until after the weekend but I do know he sports neck tattoos which is great. Hoping not gang related. ( Yeah, I just stereotyped his ass) I guess it's a good thing I can't get my hands on him right now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thanks Bo. I just shared this with my peeps in the office who have teenage daughters.

I'm so happy this turned out the way it did. Phones are replaceable.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fulton - my youngest that you met in the Lou - had a similar thing happen. He did Google locate from his buddy's phone and had the guy on the phone when the police arrived. It was some meth head but the guy was trying to get him to meet him down town next to the greyhound station. Luckily the kid is smarter than that.

fearsomefour

Legend
Scary times.
Glad you raised her to be smart and aware and she was with boys more interested in being smart than looking tough.