Sad that Rams havent been on SNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram77

Rookie
The Rams have been 21-6 since the beginning of 2017 (best record in that span) and have never been on Sunday Night Football. I keep seeing teams like the Saints, Bears, Cowboys, Packers and Vikings every week. I know they finally flexed the Bears game and we have the Eagles the week after that as well, but what took them so long to schedule the Rams. I think maybe the schedule makers thought the Rams might have been a one year fluke last year and thought they would regress this year. I dont know.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We were scheduled to play the 9rs on SNF, but it was flexed out after Garrapollo went down.

We were flexed back into SNF on dec 16th. I believe against Philly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We were scheduled to play the 9rs on SNF, but it was flexed out after Garrapollo went down.

We were flexed back into SNF on dec 16th. I believe against Philly.
Bears game was flexed into Sunday. As for the OP we were scheduled for 2 but the Niners suck so we were flexed out of one and into a later one, we have back to back SNF coming up so no worries, relax and enjoy the ride.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Bears game was flexed into Sunday. As for the OP we were scheduled for 2 but the Niners suck so we were flexed out of one and into a later one, we have back to back SNF coming up so no worries, relax and enjoy the ride.
Thanks for clearing that up.
I originally thought the bears game was flexed, but when I checked the TV schedule, the Philly game was the only one that showed a late game.

Ram77

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good point but its horrible knowing that the Cowboys and Giants have been on SNF 6 times each since the beginning of last year and we are still waiting for our first showing. Talk about anti Rams bias

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Good point but its horrible knowing that the Cowboys and Giants have been on SNF 6 times each since the beginning of last year and we are still waiting for our first showing. Talk about anti Rams bias
Dallas has been the Golden Child of SNF for years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And they always will, you're talking about either some of the biggest media markets or some of the biggest fan bases. Historically they draw as well or better ratings no matter what their records are. It's a simple fact the Cowboys every year will have the maximum number of prime time games and the rest of the division will be close on their heals regardless of how good the team is.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SNF is the big boy in terms of ratings. Rams were 4-12 in 2016, with a transitioning fan base. Of course the Rams weren't scheduled for any in 2017, and it just worked out that they weren't flexed late season into any of the slots. It needs to be a much more compelling option than what is scheduled to do that. They were scheduled for 2 this season. As others have said, after the injury the 49ers were so blatantly horrible that the game was flexed, but the Rams have picked up another, so they still have 2.

After this season the Rams will have as many prime time games as we could want. But given their futility for many years, naturally the networks were a little leery of putting them into the best slots.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
SNF is the big boy in terms of ratings. Rams were 4-12 in 2016, with a transitioning fan base. Of course the Rams weren't scheduled for any in 2017, and it just worked out that they weren't flexed late season into any of the slots. It needs to be a much more compelling option than what is scheduled to do that. They were scheduled for 2 this season. As others have said, after the injury the 49ers were so blatantly horrible that the game was flexed, but the Rams have picked up another, so they still have 2.

After this season the Rams will have as many prime time games as we could want. But given their futility for many years, naturally the networks were a little leery of putting them into the best slots.
If only being inept applied to the Cowboys. They could go 4-12 and still get 5 prime time games.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If only being inept applied to the Cowboys. They could go 4-12 and still get 5 prime time games.

Yeah, that's why I brought up the fan base, too. The whole point is guaranteed ratings - they get it from Cowboy games, not so much from the Rams going into 2017.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
After the universal acclaim for the Rams-Chiefs game, I wouldn't be surprised to see more SNF scheduling for us next season.

It's all about protecting the ratings

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the SNF games beings that I have to listen to the "Self-Proclaimed Lord of Football" Chris Collinsworth. Plus I have to wait until Sunday Night to watch my Rams. I'll take the afternoon game time all day, every day.

Q729

Legend
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the SNF games beings that I have to listen to the "Self-Proclaimed Lord of Football" Chris Collinsworth. Plus I have to wait until Sunday Night to watch my Rams. I'll take the afternoon game time all day, every day.
I'll go further and take my 1PM EST games every day!

Q729

Legend
After the universal acclaim for the Rams-Chiefs game, I wouldn't be surprised to see more SNF scheduling for us next season.

It's all about protecting the ratings
And then we'll lay an egg. Kinda reminds me during the GSOT days. ESPN had their circus intros and such queued up but we were an injured up piece of trash. I forget who the opponent was. Bills maybe?