Ryback Pre Combine Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ryback

UDFA
Name
Joe
Round 1

Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma

OU-lane-johnson.jpg

Great Player. Instant starter we need to desperately strengthen our O-Line.

Round 1

Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee

Cordarrelle+Patterson+Alabama+v+Tennessee+Jaqtk0agjWMl.jpg

This kid is special. I am from Tennessee Ive watched every snap this kid had here. Honestly he is a once in a bluemoon talent. With the right treatment he will become a H.O.F.

Round 2

Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame

Tyler-Eifert-TE-Notre-Dame-Pic1.jpg

Great talent Could use some work blocking but that can be fixed. Sam Bradford needs weapons and we all know Lance Kendricks has a drop problem.

Round 3

Sean Porter - OLB - Texas A&M

6_340869.JPG

Porter is a seek-and-destroy defender who flies around the field chasing down ball-carriers. His biggest strength is his ability to rush the quarterback off the edge. Porter plays well in space and is not a liability dropping into pass coverage, although he is a much bigger difference-maker rushing the quarterback.

Round 4

Marcus Lattimore - RB - South Carolina

ncf_g_lattimore11_600.jpg

His recovery is going alot faster than usual.Yes Daryl Richardson showed signs of being a good back. Having speedsters is nice but The Rams wil need a back that can take a beating a carry the rock 20 - 30 times a game.

Round 5

Tyrann Mathieu - DB - LSU

hi-res-136646556_crop_exact.jpg

To good to let him slip. Yes he has his problems. But, hey who hasnt. We need a returner if he doesnt work out at corner anyway. If Jeff Fisher can deal with Pacman Jones he can deal with the Honey Badger.

Round 6

Omar Hunter - DT - Florida

ncf_u_hunter_o_600.jpg

Jeff Fisher has a knack for late round studs. I believe Hunter has ability to compete for the starting job in his sophomore season. He will be a quality backup.

Round 7

Earl Wolff - S - N.C. State

Earl+Wolff+Champs+Sports+Bowl+West+Virginia+9d4XvKmU8w2l.jpg

A young stud with good instincts. I would go higher at saftey but, I feel we will pick up a solid FA saftey.

iced

Not sold on this patterson kid. I like Austin and Hopkins way more. Allen is my 3rd.

to be honest, I like Hopkins as the best 'receiver' in this draft.

nighttrain

Legend
iced said:
Not sold on this patterson kid. I like Austin and Hopkins way more. Allen is my 3rd.

agree, I'e read Patterson a super talent, but raw. do we really want or need this? Hopkins from what i've read, is NFL ready..
train

Ryback

UDFA
Name
Joe
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:

In a previous Mock I said that the Rams would skip Patterson becuase of his raw talent. They want a more NFL ready WR because they have a Project in Brian Quick.

I prefer Patterson by a large sum. Maybe its just me being a homer but I believe people that skip on him will regret it.

nighttrain

Legend
Ryback said:
iced said:

In a previous Mock I said that the Rams would skip Patterson becuase of his raw talent. They want a more NFL ready WR because they have a Project in Brian Quick.

I prefer Patterson by a large sum. Maybe its just me being a homer but I believe people that skip on him will regret it.

Rams need a NFL ready WR, that's not Patterson at this time..That said, Fish/Snead are risk takers, who knows?
train

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ryback said:
iced said:

I'm with you on Patterson. I'd do back flips if we pulled off the first 4 rounds of this. Personally, I think 3 of those guys will be gone, but who knows.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not bad, wonder who you think will be there @ 16. Lattimore...iiggh. I'm afraid he might be the DX of RBs.

FEED ME MOAR!!!! NOM NOM NOM.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
iced said:

I've been saying this for the longest time ^. Hopkins is consistent, runs great routes, is a deep threat, and shows up against top competition. I can understand why everyone is drooling over Patterson, but its all potential. He may or may not pan out.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The way people are starting to talk about Patterson makes me think he won't survive the top 10, yet alone #22

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Love your mock, I would be thrilled with that except for the honey badger, not a fan, I would look for another o-lineman there but the rest of it would be sweet.