Ryan Shazier, says he runs a 4.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
we will see, he's small, though. However, had good "length" which I guess means he has long arms and can fend off blockers. 6-2 222 or so. Maybe he could fall to 2nd round . Would be happy with that. Speed is needed and if we are going to replace Dunbar . . .do it with speed and Van Noy just isn't as fast, though he's bigger

A55VA6

Legend
This dude is awesome. One of my favorite LB's in the draft. Great speed, gets to the ballcarrier FAST and he can get to the QB too. I think he's more of a 4.5 40 but he's still incredibly fast for a LB. I'd love if the Rams got him, but he'll probably cost a 2nd rounder.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think he will either be a late 1st or high 2nd. Not sure we will grab him unless of a trade. I do like him though. Doesn't he have some injury concerns or something?

A55VA6

Legend
I think he will either be a late 1st or high 2nd. Not sure we will grab him unless of a trade. I do like him though. Doesn't he have some injury concerns or something?
Unfortunately, yeah he's had some injuries. I think it's something to be worried about but just as long as he hasn't had moderate to severe injuries over and over and over again I'd still take him in the 2nd.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He is too light for my liking. Speed only gets you so far if you play near the line. I do like the idea of a fast and versatile sideline to sideline LBer. With the running QBs in this division it would be nice to have another LBer that can cover and chase down the QBs. I just don't think he will be as affective at the NFL level with his size.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think he's a fit here. A lot of people compare him to Lavonte David but he doesn't have David's strength or same level of skill for anticipating and attacking seams. Shazier gets engulfed and pushed around in the run game...especially when he's the play-side defender. However, he's also excellent in coverage with plus instincts, great athleticism and is a hard hitter. Guy will be a special teams stud and a very good WLB in a 4-3 scheme. Sadly, he's a similar player to Ogletree(too similar).

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
With all the time we spent scouting OSU games this year, we definately have our eyes on some guys there.

There's a sizable list of prospects coming out highlighted by Shazier, Hyde, Miller and Roby.

Penguin.

Rookie
I don't think he would be a good fit unless he is for strictly coverage. With two small linebackers such as Ogletree and this dude, people would run all over us.