Russell Wilson tackles NFL's domestic abuse crisis in revealing essay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Guys with good reputations do, or get accused, of doing things wrong. This shows changes is possible.

So does this:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-defamation-suit_x.htm

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, who has one of the NFL's most sparkling marketing images, will have to continue defending himself against a defamation lawsuit, the record of which includes a graphic description of an act he is accused of committing against a female assistant trainer while he was at the University of Tennessee.
clear.gif

2003-11-03-inside-peyton.jpg
clear.gif
Peyton Manning says the act in question was harmless, but former Tenn. trainer Jamie Naughright has filed a defamation suit against him.
clear.gif

By Steve Nesius, AP
Manning asked for the suit to be dismissed, but Polk County (Fla.) Circuit Judge Harvey A. Kornstein denied the motion, writing in a ruling filed Monday that there is evidence suggesting Manning knew the 2000 book written by him and his father, Archie, included false statements about the trainer and an incident in February 1996 involving her and Peyton Manning. (Related items:Trainer has backers in lawsuit | Excerpt from Manning: A Father, His Sons and a Football Legacy)

The trainer, Jamie Ann Naughright, disputes the contention in Manning's book that he dropped his pants and showed his backside to another athlete in the training room "thinking the trainer wasn't where she would see." In Manning: A Father, His Sons and aFootball Legacy, he wrote the act was "crude, maybe, but harmless" and that Naughright should be able to "shrug it off."

According to Naughright's deposition, Manning, while being examined by Naughright, placed his "naked butt and rectum" on her face.

heh-heh she said "butt"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
According to Naughright's deposition, Manning, while being examined by Naughright, placed his "naked butt and rectum" on her face.

And she waited a decade or something like that to say a word about it, if I recall this was her trying to get paid.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
Russell last year bought his entire o line xbox ones. that's how you get protection (take some notes, austin)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Russell last year bought his entire o line xbox ones. that's how you get protection (take some notes, austin)

Well, Wilson could afford to do that. Davis came into the league undrafted. (Although if he keeps playing this way, he'll get the money to do that when he signs his next contract.)

lasvegasrams

Rookie
how much does wilson make, i think like 630k a year? Davis makes 60k less a year. I'm not saying he should run out and get game systems for the o line, but gestures like that to show you appreciate the men who protect you can go a long way.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
how much does wilson make, i think like 630k a year? Davis makes 60k less a year. I'm not saying he should run out and get game systems for the o line, but gestures like that to show you appreciate the men who protect you can go a long way.

Wilson also gets money from endorsements - both local and national. I'm not saying he's at Peyton Manning's level, but if I were to take a guess, I'd say that Wilson easily makes at least a million per year, and now that he's pretty much one of the new faces of the NFL, you can be certain that he's going to be making more money in a year than Davis will make over the life of his next contract.