Russell Wilson Proposes Big Changes to Seahawks Offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Russell Wilson Proposes Big Changes to Seahawks Offense

The Seattle Seahawks had the chance to make a serious run to Super Bowl LIV. Unfortunately, the team stalled out against the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Divisional Round.

Quarterback Russell Wilson saw another chance to hoist the Lombardi Trophy vanish and now he wants to make changes to the offense. More specifically, he wants the Seahawks to follow a path similar to that of Kansas City Chiefs.

View: https://twitter.com/dannybkelly/status/1225100318926491648?s=21

"We've always been really good in two minute situations, those end of half [situations], those up-tempo moments," said Wilson during an appearance on NBC Sports Network. "The reality is, the defense gets tired, first thing, and the second thing is that I really know how I want to get after them, how we want to get after them...the freedom of going after them and scoring as many points, that's kind of what the Chiefs do...they score more points than anyone else, and that's the name of the game."

That's easier said than done, but if anyone can come close to replicating the play-style of Patrick Mahomes, it's Wilson.

If the Super Bowl-winning quarterback wants the offense to change, that would mean adjustments to the coaching staff. And, as of this writing, no coaches are being shown the door.

View: https://twitter.com/johnpgilbertnfl/status/1224000335007580160?s=21

When looking at the success of the Chiefs, it starts at the offensive line. For Wilson, his o-line was adequate at best. Now, three of his five starting linemen are free agents, which is far from ideal for the 31-year-old quarterback.

Wilson is obviously frustrated that he still remains a one-time Super Bowl champion, and knows that if the offense has a change in philosophy, he can add more Lombardi Trophies to his mantle.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wait just a fucking minute here. How dare umpa lumpa!

Nobody should ever question Brian Cornelius Schottenheimer's offensive decisions.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Schottenheimer and Shurmur... haven't these guys been Offensive Coordinators for all 32 teams in their careers? :p

They sure seem to get passed around from team to team.

I never cared for either. They strike me as defensive offensive play callers... meaning, they are more conservative than I prefer.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Schottenheimer and Shurmur... haven't these guys been Offensive Coordinators for all 32 teams in their careers? :p

They sure seem to get passed around from team to team.

I never cared for either. They strike me as defensive offensive play callers... meaning, they are more conservative than I prefer.

You're correct.

In addition to that truth... I've considered both of their offenses to be OFFENSIVE. As in disgusting.

Ram65

Legend
I think Wilson is on to something. The Hags seem to play much better late in games. I watch some this year. Wilson gets defenses tired out. They do have 58 Million in cap space or thereabouts. They have lots of free agents. They could reshape the offense some. They do need to improve the defense though. Both Reed and Clowney are free agents. It will be interesting to see what they do and how they look by the beginning of the season.

Here is some key information regarding the Seahawks going into the offseason:
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
DE Ziggy Ansah
WR Jaron Brown
DE Jadeveon Clowney
LT George Fant
WR Josh Gordon
RT Germain Ifedi
LG Mike Iupati

DL Quinton Jefferson
LB Mychal Kendricks
CB Akeem King