Russ Wilson's 13 Picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's not really hilarious. Based on how Goff is playing now, I dunno if there's a worse starting QB in the NFL.

I agree that it will take sustained success to change the narrative on Goff, but right now Jalen Hurts is WAY outplaying Goff. It's not remotely close.

I know you will probay rewatch this game. He floated his ugliest Int ever today. No question. But when you watch again, I want you to actually place all of those other QBs your thinking of in that same game, in that same psychotic pocket, with the same everything else. Imo plenty of those mid teir and lower QBs struggle mightily in that game today and give up the ball once or more. And plenty of them don't look better than Goff does in those shoes.

This years offense stinks and quite frankly the more I see of it the more I am starting to believe that most young QBs would struggle in it too.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Put Goff behind the oline that the seahawks have trotted out the last couple seasons and see how well he does. The Rams oline has been bad to decent these last couple seasons, but recently the oline in Seattle has never been decent. You really cant compare the QBs unless you put them in similar situations. Imo if you put Wilson behind our oline, he would perform better than Goff.
The thing is that Wilson and Goff are two entirely different quarterbacks with different skill sets. Wilson is 1000x more mobile than Goff ever will be and he’s also good at sensing pressure. Once he’s out of the pocket he becomes a dual threat QB which is something Goff is definitely not. I’m not saying he wouldn’t succeed behind our offensive line, I think he would be leaps and bounds better than Goff is behind the same line. But we’re comparing an all pro QB in Wilson to a below average one (at this point) in Goff. Not fair at all.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, Jared played the second half with a broken thumb. He never tipped the defense off by shaking it and wincing. That takes a whole lot of toughness and dedication. I'm proud of him for that.

I think some here believe I'm saying he's as good as Russell Wilson. I think Russ will be a HOF'er. I can't say that about Jared yet.

What I keep trying to point out is how perception changes the determination of a QB's evaluation from play to play. For example, Drew Brees threw a pick and Aikman criticized the receiver for drifting up instead of remaining flat. If it were Jared, I believe he would have pointed out that there was an open receiver on the other side. It's the old saying that if someone believes in you, no explanation is necessary but if they don't, none is possible. If you look for flaws, you will find them. If you look for goodness, you will find that as well. I hope this helps.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
The thing is that Wilson and Goff are two entirely different quarterbacks with different skill sets. Wilson is 1000x more mobile than Goff ever will be and he’s also good at sensing pressure. Once he’s out of the pocket he becomes a dual threat QB which is something Goff is definitely not. I’m not saying he wouldn’t succeed behind our offensive line, I think he would be leaps and bounds better than Goff is behind the same line. But we’re comparing an all pro QB in Wilson to a below average one (at this point) in Goff. Not fair at all.
Nailed it.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
So, Jared played the second half with a broken thumb. He never tipped the defense off by shaking it and wincing. That takes a whole lot of toughness and dedication. I'm proud of him for that.

I think some here believe I'm saying he's as good as Russell Wilson. I think Russ will be a HOF'er. I can't say that about Jared yet.

What I keep trying to point out is how perception changes the determination of a QB's evaluation from play to play. For example, Drew Brees threw a pick and Aikman criticized the receiver for drifting up instead of remaining flat. If it were Jared, I believe he would have pointed out that there was an open receiver on the other side. It's the old saying that if someone believes in you, no explanation is necessary but if they don't, none is possible. If you look for flaws, you will find them. If you look for goodness, you will find that as well. I hope this helps.
This is why I dont listen to the talking heads, I only go by what I see and people who I know who are consistent at their evaluations.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Iirc, he threw the INT before he broke his thumb.

Goff's always been tough and anyone saying otherwise has simply ignored all available evidence.

His issues especially of late have to do with him making terribad decisions.

Yes, the interior OL is a problem and yes, the scheme is improperly staffed at this time. Those are separate, but related issues which would still be talked about even if Goff weren't making super horrible decisions.