Rule Change

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
NFL has banned the hip-drop tackle.

One more thing the defense can't do to stop a play. Just put the flags on and get it over with.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But hitting low at the knees is still fine.
Player safety?
The big-name offensive guys should all take the Fitgerald approach.

"Go ahead and hit me high, I'll pay your fines."

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It's funny to see a sport inflict more injury on it's product than the players.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I hate the hip drop tackle.
It's bush league bullshit. It's seriously injuring players and ruining careers.
It's a lot of things.
One thing it isn't, is "sport".
Form tackle your opponent or find another sport.

Spearing with the crown of the helmet, horse-collar tackles, body slamming....None of that shit is sport. It's stupidity.
The hip drop tackle is weak ass, cop-out bullshit for the less athletic, scumbag, cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, aren't good enough to form tackle sack of monkey shit players that use it.
Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

I can't believe anyone is in favor of allowing the bullshit play to stay in football.

1711394863216.png

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I was there till dog-kissing...
What is WRONG with you?!:sunglasses:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
It also has a similar net effect as the horse collar imo.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The NRL cracked down hard on the hip drop tackle last season. The predictable whining from players and public ensued .... what are players supposed to do, the game is going soft, dribble, dribble.

Fast forward to this season and we haven't seen a hip drop tackle yet. After 3 weeks of play.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So we're going to see a ton of these penalties this year because officials have a hard enough time as it is calling a good game so with this new rule they're going to over react and call a bunch of these that aren't even penalties now. Also this was approved against the wish of the players and the NFLPA.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Gonna separate the pussies from the real men. It's called square up and hit a motherfucker and gang tackle if one man can't bring em down. I agree that it may lead to more lower limb hits and then that'll be banned next. Better hit that weight room fellas :laugh1::laugh2: