RT Tyson Clabo cut by the Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WHY OH WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANY CAP SPACE??????????????????????????????????

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Re: RT Ryan Clabo cut by the Falcons

Ramhusker said:
WHY OH WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANY CAP SPACE??????????????????????????????????

This maybe where Dahl is one of the cuts???

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, Dahl may well be a cap casualty. But if that happens, and Safford really does not want to be a team player, then Clabo would fit nicely if all those numbers would work out.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Ramhusker said:
Yeah, Dahl may well be a cap casualty. But if that happens, and Safford really does not want to be a team player, then Clabo would fit nicely if all those numbers would work out.

I don't think we'd do that unless we traded Saffold and Cut Dahl.. I doubt we'd take that risk unless we got a good OG (Cooper probably) in the draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Saffold could play a guard spot!

Sign Clabo (although he turns 32 in Oct). Incredibly healthy player in his career.

Try to trade Saffold.

If not... he thought RT was a demotion! Welcome to guard! LOL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

bluecoconuts said:
Ramhusker said:

I don't think we'd do that unless we traded Saffold and Cut Dahl.. I doubt we'd take that risk unless we got a good OG (Cooper probably) in the draft.

We may not draft any OL'ers in this draft much less an OG and if we think Clabo will wait to see what the Rams will offer I doubt it he will have already moved by then. Rams have four OT's on our roster currently....of these four OT's none have ever started in the NFL @ ORT. However don't worry the Rams have two OG's Dahl & Chris Williams have started @ ORT in the NFL.

The Ram world is waiting on Saffold to get over it & stop sulking but no one has any ideal if Saffold is a bonified legit starting ORT. There is absolutly no evedience that he can. So much love for Joe Barksdale too but In Oakland his rookie season he was handed the ORT post in 2011 in training camp & pre-season....he never saw the field in 16 games his rookie season. Last yr he was once again handed the ORT post in training camp & pre season....the Raiders dumped him & just like 2011 Barksdale never saw the field @ ORT in 2012. In college.... Barksdale best season came when he started @ OLT not @ ORT. Ty Nsekhe has never seen the NFL field as a ORT either.

OG Chris Williams started 10 NFL games @ ORT he was so good at it Lovie Smith wanted to move him to Center but decided to cut him after 3 games last year. It could be said that the only Ram OL who has started in regular season @ ORT and not get fired is Harvey Dahl. me thinks that the Rams may want to re think or re plan this Saffold to the rescue @ ORT and instead plan to use him @ OG instead where there is some competition with NFL starting OG's and go get a legit bonified ORT for Sam in his 4th season. Since Sam became a Ram the Rams have started the following OT's @ ORT..
Renaldo Foster- Jason Smith- Adam Goldberg-Harvey Dahl & Barry Richardson. Three of those OT are out of the NFL & one is a OG the other is a UFA looking for a team.

My one working brain cell is thinking that if the Rams are depending on Saffold to complete the Ram 2013 OL @ ORT may NOT be so brilliant after all I have changed my one brain cell.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Interesting nugget here on Clabo-Boudreau-Dahl...Dahl came to the Falcons in 2007 and was Clabo's back up @ ORT in 2007.

Paul Boudreau was fired here and hired in 2008 with the Falcons. In training camp of 2008 Falcons had lost thier 2007 starting ORG & back up. Harvey move in next to Clabo @ ORG.

Boudreau placed Harvey Dahl & Clabo as starters on the right side same year they went from 4-12 in 2007 to 11-5 in 2008! Wonder who had a part in that?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BonifayRam said:
Interesting nugget here on Clabo-Boudreau-Dahl...Dahl came to the Falcons in 2007 and was Clabo's back up @ ORT in 2007.

Paul Boudreau was fired here and hired in 2008 with the Falcons. In training camp of 2008 Falcons had lost thier 2007 starting ORG & back up. Harvey move in next to Clabo @ ORG.

Boudreau placed Harvey Dahl & Clabo as starters on the right side same year they went from 4-12 in 2007 to 11-5 in 2008! Wonder who had a part in that?

Good post BonifayRam!