Rozenboom is coming back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Simply love this player. I do wonder if his coverage ability is high end enough to stick on the field when we are playing nickle, but not sure how that would work out. The whiners seemed to do very well with 2 high end MLBs (who are also cheap shot motherfuckers).
69ers have one lifetime cheap shot (Dre Outlaw whom I ve always dedpised) And one converted cheap shot (Warner who I used to respect).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm perfectly fine with Rozeboom coming back on a cheap deal. He's a solid special teams player who won't look terrible as a backup 3-4 linebacker. For the price, I think that's a solid move.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TBH any amount of money is too much money. But full disclosure I quick read Jourdans tweet saw the $3 million and read that as what we gave him.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1768711324463489137

The ILB 2 along side Jones comment is terrible he should not be on the field for defense. I know people will say shit like "he's good enough" and no if that's the best comment you have on a player he's in need of being upgraded. There isn't good enough there has to be better if you want to be serious contenders.

I'm with you. I was frustrated all year. I mean regardless of what people said about them, we had the #1 defense in the NFL the year we kept Kenny Young and Micah Kiser...then Troy Reeder on the field more. I was really hoping we would have kept at least one of the UDFA ILB we had in training camp... I was honestly surprised that we were willing to go with Rozenboom in that spot. My hope is that Shula values that 2nd ILB more than Morris did.

The other thing is that you need a guy who could potentially replace Jones if he got hurt... and that person couldn't be Rozenboom.....

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
We didn't tender him, but he got some fully guaranteed money.. I'm not particularly mad about him coming back, but my hope is that he's a special teamer and our 3rd or 4th ILB. With AD gone, I really want us to have a real starting ILB, and we can get one in this draft. Rozenboom wasn't terrible all the time, but we need to re-anchor the middle of this defense, and that means Rozenboom should be strictly a special teamer.

Agreed. I saw him make some great plays when we was inserted in the defense, but he also had major whiffs as well.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Nothing against Roseboom he reminds me of Reeder, they are guys that try hard but just are not talented enough to be quality players by NFL standards.
Agree. These type of guys have their place on an NFL roster and can be good players as depth/STs and situations. They just aren’t starter material, every down players.

There are more talented and physically gifted players who don’t give the effort these guys do. As long as the cost is not prohibitive, I have no problem with Rozeboom being on the 53.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Exactly. Some fans appear to think that NFL rosters are made up of 53 all-pro players.

They aren't.
No, if they were the Rams couldn’t afford them! Hah.

Seriously, if a guy stinks he shouldn’t be out there; but guys like Rozeboom and Reeder have their place and if a coach is not taking advantage of their strengths and asking too much…well then, that’s on the coach.

Hoecht is a good example of this type of player. I thought he did an excellent job as a pass rusher and run stopper in his first full year as an Edge player. Once he had to start backpedaling he was exposed. His athleticism does not meet the standard to play that way. If he is continually being asked to cover, again, that’s on the coaches.

dang

Legend
No, if they were the Rams couldn’t afford them! Hah.

Seriously, if a guy stinks he shouldn’t be out there; but guys like Rozeboom and Reeder have their place and if a coach is not taking advantage of their strengths and asking too much…well then, that’s on the coach.

Hoecht is a good example of this type of player. I thought he did an excellent job as a pass rusher and run stopper in his first full year as an Edge player. Once he had to start backpedaling he was exposed. His athleticism does not meet the standard to play that way. If he is continually being asked to cover, again, that’s on the coaches.
I agree that Rozeboom deserves a place on an NFL teams 53 man roster. Just not as a starter. Reeder at this point in his career does not.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I agree that Rozeboom deserves a place on an NFL teams 53 man roster. Just not as a starter. Reeder at this point in his career does not.
You know, if I’m Troy Reeder, I’m ok with that. He got to live his dream for a few seasons and walks away with a SB ring.
And it’s not like he rode the bench throughout 2021–he was quite integral to that title run.

I know we’ll remember him getting dragged around in the second half of the NFCCG, but I also remember him making his share of plays during the year.

Reeder didn't have the luxury of riding on his athleticism. He just tried all the time and busted his butt. Good for him, getting the most of what he had to give. He’s a SB champ and nobody will ever be able to take that away from him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You know, if I’m Troy Reeder, I’m ok with that. He got to live his dream for a few seasons and walks away with a SB ring.
And it’s not like he rode the bench throughout 2021–he was quite integral to that title run.
Agreed. I wish Troy all the best too.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Linebacker is supposed to be a pretty horrible position in this draft. Roz gives us flexibility to not just desperately flail for one and overdraft a guy. I'm sure we'll take a swing on a guy late or if we love a guy like Cooper, grab him if his value meets our pick.

Apropos of this, whenever there's a position that's considered fairly bad in a draft, you can always get confirmation of that because after like the first two guys on the media's top 10 boards for that position are drafted, NFL teams will end up picking obscure names no one has even heard for the next 10 picks and the players on media boards won't be heard from till way late in the draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Linebacker is supposed to be a pretty horrible position in this draft. Roz gives us flexibility to not just desperately flail for one and overdraft a guy. I'm sure we'll take a swing on a guy late or if we love a guy like Cooper, grab him if his value meets our pick.

Apropos of this, whenever there's a position that's considered fairly bad in a draft, you can always get confirmation of that because after like the first two guys on the media's top 10 boards for that position are drafted, NFL teams will end up picking obscure names no one has even heard for the next 10 picks and the players on media boards won't be heard from till way late in the draft.
I’d say LBer has been a weak position in the draft for years