Rozenboom is coming back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
We didn't tender him, but he got some fully guaranteed money.. I'm not particularly mad about him coming back, but my hope is that he's a special teamer and our 3rd or 4th ILB. With AD gone, I really want us to have a real starting ILB, and we can get one in this draft. Rozenboom wasn't terrible all the time, but we need to re-anchor the middle of this defense, and that means Rozenboom should be strictly a special teamer.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That’s a good idea. Looks like there is some excellent depth this year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We didn't tender him, but he got some fully guaranteed money.. I'm not particularly mad about him coming back, but my hope is that he's a special teamer and our 3rd or 4th ILB. With AD gone, I really want us to have a real starting ILB, and we can get one in this draft. Rozenboom wasn't terrible all the time, but we need to re-anchor the middle of this defense, and that means Rozenboom should be strictly a special teamer.
He would be a luxury, but Edgerin Cooper would be a beast next to Jones. Would also add a pass rush element to LB.

Maybe you replace Donald's sacks in various ways. This could be one element

View: https://youtu.be/IopjjHIOEeI?si=imF5Utg2cfxokll8

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He grew on me last season. Glad he is back.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too much money and sadly it leaves open the chance he would be on the field for defense which isn't a good thing.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Too much money and sadly it leaves open the chance he would be on the field for defense which isn't a good thing.
Have you read a number on Rozeboom? I have not.

Saw it was fully guaranteed but hoping it's a smaller amount. Something like between $1M and 1.2M.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have you read a number on Rozeboom? I have not.

Saw it was fully guaranteed but hoping it's a smaller amount. Something like between $1M and 1.2M.
TBH any amount of money is too much money. But full disclosure I quick read Jourdans tweet saw the $3 million and read that as what we gave him.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1768711324463489137

The ILB 2 along side Jones comment is terrible he should not be on the field for defense. I know people will say shit like "he's good enough" and no if that's the best comment you have on a player he's in need of being upgraded. There isn't good enough there has to be better if you want to be serious contenders.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Nothing against Roseboom he reminds me of Reeder, they are guys that try hard but just are not talented enough to be quality players by NFL standards.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Core special teamer not much else. I will be disappointed if we don’t upgrade the position especially as there is no A Donald in front to make their life easier

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
TBH any amount of money is too much money. But full disclosure I quick read Jourdan's tweet saw the $3 million and read that as what we gave him.

I hear you and mostly agree.

Hoping the number is close to the vet minimum, with the guarantee being the incentive for him stay.
Say Atlanta offered the veteran minimum plus a $100,000 signing bonus. The Falcons could have waived Rozeboom before the start of the season, and just taken the $100K cap hit, with Rozeboom out on the street.

Rams come in and say, we will give you the exact same amount but will guarantee the entire amount.
That would be an incentive to Rozeboom.

Another point is Special teams. Remember Buddy Howell on the Super Bowl teams. I loved that guy. It can be difficult to tell if there are good ST-players on a bad unit (like the 2023 Rams). If the Rams also view Rozeboom as a quality Special Teams player, that makes it worthwhile to go a little above the vet minimum.

I agree with you and others here. Rozeboom is a try-hard but limited player. Would much prefer him as the 3rd or 4th off-ball-LB and a core ST-player. Hoping they can draft a player in the 5th or 6th round. I really like Trevin Wallace of Kentucky. However, it may be tough to fill the remaining roster needs with clear upgrades.

To fill-out roster needs, the Rams may be down to just be their draft selections ... four in the top-100 picks; and a couple free agent bargains. Hopefully, like Witherspoon and Demarcus Robinson were last year.

The Rams essentially added $25M in Dead-$ with Donald's retirement. if Higbee misses most of the season, that's another $11M. That is $36M against the cap on two guys that ain't on the field. The top sites currently have the Rams with about $27M of cap space but that does not reflect the contracts for Darious Williams, Colby Parkinson, Kamren Curl or Jimmy Garoppolo. The current cap space has to be less than $10M.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he made some positive strides last year and this gives us more flexibility in the draft, which is paramount. I'm sure LB is on the radar to help with special teams either way, and now we can draft one later

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
He would be a luxury, but Edgerin Cooper would be a beast next to Jones. Would also add a pass rush element to LB.

You make a great point. I hadn’t thought of it that way. There is no way to replace AD. Sure it would be great to draft a stud DT now. But maybe the best way to improve is adding a piece to an area that is the weakest- iLB. Especially a playmaker who can tackle but also blitz extremely well.

Then get another DT in the 3rd or so. Even with our 2nd. Trade back with the 1st and get Cooper in the back end or early 2nd. I like it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all know this was the REAL big news Jake was talking about.
He said it was in a recent broadcast. Everyone interpreted the "big news" as being good news since it was during the initial FA period.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

Simply love this player. I do wonder if his coverage ability is high end enough to stick on the field when we are playing nickle, but not sure how that would work out. The whiners seemed to do very well with 2 high end MLBs (who are also cheap shot motherfuckers).