Roster Moves

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Cut LB Tavarius Wilson, WR Diontae Spencer, OT Abasi Salimu, and LB Caleb McSurdy.

Added to roster, LB Pat Schiller, LB Lawrence Wilson, and OTs R.J. Dill and D.J. Morrell.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, fuck me. I was hoping that Wilson would get a chance to show what he was capable of. He certainly put up a good amount of statistics, that's for sure.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@JaysonBraddock: #Rams placed Christian Bryant & DT Ethan Westbrooks on non-football injury list

CoachO

Hall of Fame
What does this mean. For their status on the roster?

If not mistaken, they still count towards the 90 man roster limit, but while they remain on this list, they will not be able to practice until cleared medically. This could/should follow with being swtiched to the PUP List, which, if they remain on that throughout the entire training camp, will allow them to be placed on the PUP/IR list, and not eligible until Week 6 of the regular season.

Roster rules summary
In addition to the IR list, NFL teams use other mechanisms to manage their roster play list. A summary of those rules follows:

• Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) — Players listed on the PUP’s regular season list are eligible to play after week 6, at which point they can begin practicing with the team.

The team has a three-week window to either activate the player or send him to the injured reserve list. A player can be placed on the PUP list only if he has been on the preseason PUP list and has not been practicing with the team.

• Waived/Injured — Teams are able to waive an injured player. Other teams can claim any player on the Waived/Injured list. If players clear their waivers, which most players do, their original team can either put them on the IR list or come to an injury settlement agreement and part ways.

• Reserve/Non-Football Injury List — The rules for this list are the same as the PUP list; however, the injuries come from something other than playing football.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
But wait, didn't Bryant's ankle injury come from playing football? Or is only NFL injuries?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
But wait, didn't Bryant's ankle injury come from playing football? Or is only NFL injuries?

It is classified a "non-football" due to the fact that it is "pre-existing" and did not occur while a member of the Rams.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We are talking about a 90 man roster that will be trimmed down to 53 - plus an 8 man practice squad. Very likely that these guys (sans Westbrook, Bryant, and just maybe Schiller) aren't going to be a part of the final product. But you never know where that hidden gem will come from and thats one of the fun parts. Maybe Lawrence Wilson jerseys will be everywhere when the Rams are hosting the Cardinals in the NFC Championship game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And so it begins....So nice to come here and see a REAL FOOTBALL TOPIC thread to link in...refreshing....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Geez. I was looking forward to seeing Bryant and Westbrooks.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Geez. I was looking forward to seeing Bryant and Westbrooks.

Its not a surprise that Bryant would be on this list. Fisher spoke at the end of OTAs and said he anticipated that he most likely wouldn't be ready at the start of camp. I anticipate that he may be the one guy who stays on the PUP list, and finds his way to the PUP/IR list and gets his "medical red-shirt" year.

Westbrooks, on the other hand, injured something the last week of OTAs, and is somewhat of a surprise to appear on this list. How long he stays on it, could impact his status dramatically.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
This is the best Rams site I've found. I read it every day.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pat Schiller was on the Falcons PS last season and they had a ton of injuries at that position and he was never activated, he played at Northern Illinois

On Tuesday, the Bears waived Jeremy Cain and signed linebacker Lawrence Wilson to the practice squad.

Cain played in Chicago's last two games, filling in at long-snapper in Mannelly's absence.

The 26-year-old Wilson spent the 2013 preseason with the Bears, registering five tackles and two special teams tackles.
Wilson was selected by the Carolina Panthers in the sixth-round of the 2011 Draft out of the University of Connecticut where he was named to the All-Big East First Team in his junior and senior seasons. In addition to the Bears and Panthers, he has spent time with the Tennessee Titans and New Orleans Saints, but hasn't appeared in a regular season contest.
http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/bears-sign-lb-lawrence-wilson-waive-jeremy-cain

Dill was with the Chiefs and Morrell was with the Lions.