Ronda Rousey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, she's MMA not boxing. Entirely different. If an average boxer tried to take her on in her field, I think she'd kick ass and take names because of her talents in MMA and knowledge of using your own weight against you.

I think she'd kick pl Ty of dudes asses in a street fight too.

Anyway, I also agree she looks super hot sometimes and then kinda not in others.

I wouldn't say no if she offered tho lol, tho I'd prolly be black and blue after the fact.

The two are so different that a boxer wouldn't make it in an MMA match and an MMA fighter wouldn't make it in a boxing match. It's like comparing soccer and football.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
z5.jpg
ronda-rousey-1.jpg

If I had to pick...I'm taking door #2.....okay watch the back door jokes fly below....LOL

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Am I the only one that fantasizes about being choked by her?

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's just something about Miesha Taint's perpetual "bitch face" I like.

http://imguol.com/2012/08/20/miesha-Taint-encarna-a-lutadora-no-ringue-mas-mostra-que-tambem-gosta-de-se-enbelezar-fora-dele-1345495681707_600x800.jpg

Miesha-Cupcake-Tates-Modeling-Pictures-16.jpg

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
So it turns out that Ronda's next opponent will NOT be Taint.

UFC decided to give boxer Holly Holm a shot. January 2nd.

Good luck with that.

HolmHollyComposite_small.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So it turns out that Ronda's next opponent will NOT be Taint.

UFC decided to give boxer Holly Holm a shot. January 2nd.

Good luck with that.

HolmHollyComposite_small.jpg
Another less than a minute match. Maybe they will let them fight in the nude?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/09/ronda-rousey-to-play-patrick-swayze-role-in-road-house-reboot

Ronda Rousey to play Patrick Swayze role in 'Road House' reboot
By MMAjunkie Staff September 9, 2015

Ronda Rousey has added another project to her burgeoning Hollywood career.

The UFC women’s bantamweight champion has been tapped to star in a reboot of the 1980s action flick “Road House.”

According to Variety.com, Rousey was “passionately pursuing the project for some time.” MGM is moving forward on the project and currently meeting with writers for the script, according to the report.

The 28-year-old, who’s appeared in past films such as “Furious 7” and “The Expendables 3,” will actually play the role Patrick Swayze made famous in the original 1989 film.

Rousey later confirmed the news and said it’s an “honor” and that she hopes it’ll serve as a tribute to Swayze, who died in 2009 after a battle with pancreatic cancer, and his family (via Twitter):

In that role, Swayze’s character, James Dalton, is a bouncer and helps clean up a rowdy bar in Missouri that protects the town from a corrupt businessman. The film, which scored a $30 million box office for the original version, has become a cult classic.

According to Variety.com:

Rousey thought the idea of starring in a remake was a great idea but wanted to be respectful when pursuing the project. Sources say Rousey recently reached out to Swayze’s widow, Lisa Niemi, to ask for her blessing to star in the remake, which insiders say Niemi gladly gave.

Rousey has other upcoming film projects, including a starring role in her own biopic, “My Fight/Your Fight.”

Up next for Rousey (12-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC), who’s posted six consecutive title defenses, is a pay-per-view headliner against Holly Holm (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at UFC 193, which takes place Nov. 14 at the 70,000-seat Etihad Stadium in Melbourne.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Not sure I can see Rouse as the lead in any movie.... the Roadhouse remake. Naw don't think she'll pull that off unless they have her in all female bars all the time.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I couldn't care less about her match with Holly Holm or whomever, but I do totally care about her standing up for Nick Diaz's FIVE FREAKING YEAR ban by the A-holes at the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Dinged 3x for pot and he gets a five year ban. I agree with her that it's an invasion of privacy, it's not a PED and it's only being tested for political reasons and NOT for "protecting athletes" because they sure as hell don't test for a whole bunch of other stuff they COULD test for to protect athletes and don't.

Oh, and Nick Diaz has a pretty severe and REAL diagnosed case of ADHD (not just a pot card signature) that he uses marijuana for.

Mayweather was caught at LEAST 3 times for domestic abuse (caught doesn't necessarily mean he served time, but NSAC has doled out punishment for all sorts of ticky tack punishments)... AND??? Nothing. Never a single day of suspension. Ridiculous.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/ufc-19...-holly-holm-kos-ronda-rousey-in-massive-upset

The unthinkable, as Holly Holm KOs Ronda Rousey in massive upset
By Matt Erickson, November 15, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04OEfvS2Lcg

MELBOURNE, Australia – The most dominant athlete on the planet got dominated on tonight. The nearly unthinkable happened: Ronda Rousey was beat up by Holly Holm and lost her UFC title.

In arguably the biggest upset in the history of the sport, Rousey (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) was knocked out by Holly Holm (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) 59 seconds into the second round. Rousey was as much as a 20-1 favorite leading into the fight.

The women’s bantamweight title bout was the main event of today’s UFC 193 event at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

“I’m trying to take it in, but it’s crazy,” Holm said. “Getting in here, I had so much love and support. I felt like, how can I not do this with all that love. I had the best coaching, from standup to grappling to wrestling.

“Everything that we worked on presented itself in the fight. I haven’t spent this much time in the gym in my life. Everything we worked on happened tonight.”

Rousey started on the outside and threw a left jab against the former boxer. Then she moved inside and tried to put a combination on the challenger. Holm cut her angles and landed a right, but Rousey tried to track her down. Holm dance on the outside, then landed a stiff right hand against the champ, then a right cross. But Rousey landed a left while chasing her down, then a right hand seconds later.

Seventy-five seconds in, Rousey got in close and the two clinched up – which is ROusey’s judo wheelhouse. But Holm broke loose and caught Rousey with a kick on the break. Holm landed a step-in left hand, but then got taken down by Rousey. The crowd buzzed, anticipating the patented Rousey armbar. But Holm got out and the fight went back to the feet.

Holm started working front kicks to Rousey’s legs, and Rousey tried to take Holm’s arm on the feet. She broke it, though, and again Holm landed a stiff punch – then another. And another. Rousey started showing the effects of Holm’s consistent boxing. And then inexplicably, Holm took Rousey down – then wisely went right back to her feet. Rousey looked exhausted with 30 seconds left in the round, and bleeding from her mouth took a deep breath.

Holm tried to start the second round the same as the first, and she found more success in the standup game. Then Holm landed a side kick and just kept on coming. Rousey shot in for a punch and Holm ducked under it as Rousey fell to a knee. And then, amazingly, Holm dropped Rousey with a punch, then followed it with a kick to the head. Rousey fell to the canvas and Holm dropped bombs on her until referee Herb Dean shut it down – with the crowd stunned to a buzz.

The end came 59 seconds into the second round. Holm became the first athlete in combat sports history to hold a world boxing title as well as an MMA title.

The stunning upset almost certainly sets up an instant rematch for Rousey, who broke into the mainstream in the last year bigger than any fighter in MMA history.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/ufc-19...-holly-holm-kos-ronda-rousey-in-massive-upset

The unthinkable, as Holly Holm KOs Ronda Rousey in massive upset
By Matt Erickson, November 15, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04OEfvS2Lcg

MELBOURNE, Australia – The most dominant athlete on the planet got dominated on tonight. The nearly unthinkable happened: Ronda Rousey was beat up by Holly Holm and lost her UFC title.

In arguably the biggest upset in the history of the sport, Rousey (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) was knocked out by Holly Holm (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) 59 seconds into the second round. Rousey was as much as a 20-1 favorite leading into the fight.

The women’s bantamweight title bout was the main event of today’s UFC 193 event at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

“I’m trying to take it in, but it’s crazy,” Holm said. “Getting in here, I had so much love and support. I felt like, how can I not do this with all that love. I had the best coaching, from standup to grappling to wrestling.

“Everything that we worked on presented itself in the fight. I haven’t spent this much time in the gym in my life. Everything we worked on happened tonight.”

Rousey started on the outside and threw a left jab against the former boxer. Then she moved inside and tried to put a combination on the challenger. Holm cut her angles and landed a right, but Rousey tried to track her down. Holm dance on the outside, then landed a stiff right hand against the champ, then a right cross. But Rousey landed a left while chasing her down, then a right hand seconds later.

Seventy-five seconds in, Rousey got in close and the two clinched up – which is ROusey’s judo wheelhouse. But Holm broke loose and caught Rousey with a kick on the break. Holm landed a step-in left hand, but then got taken down by Rousey. The crowd buzzed, anticipating the patented Rousey armbar. But Holm got out and the fight went back to the feet.

Holm started working front kicks to Rousey’s legs, and Rousey tried to take Holm’s arm on the feet. She broke it, though, and again Holm landed a stiff punch – then another. And another. Rousey started showing the effects of Holm’s consistent boxing. And then inexplicably, Holm took Rousey down – then wisely went right back to her feet. Rousey looked exhausted with 30 seconds left in the round, and bleeding from her mouth took a deep breath.

Holm tried to start the second round the same as the first, and she found more success in the standup game. Then Holm landed a side kick and just kept on coming. Rousey shot in for a punch and Holm ducked under it as Rousey fell to a knee. And then, amazingly, Holm dropped Rousey with a punch, then followed it with a kick to the head. Rousey fell to the canvas and Holm dropped bombs on her until referee Herb Dean shut it down – with the crowd stunned to a buzz.

The end came 59 seconds into the second round. Holm became the first athlete in combat sports history to hold a world boxing title as well as an MMA title.

The stunning upset almost certainly sets up an instant rematch for Rousey, who broke into the mainstream in the last year bigger than any fighter in MMA history.

So anyway--goes to show how much I know about any of this.

I also predicted:

Bell bottoms are making a comeback.

Rams will draft a running back in the first round when Fisher shaves his mustache.

Justin Bieber--he's the next Elvis.

Facebook is just a fad--My Space owns that part of the web.

Trump will NEVER run for president--but Warren Buffet? His hat's in the ring, trust me.

So---you never know until you know, I guess.

But I was surprised. I don't think I realized how much bigger Holly looks compared to Ronda. And Holly has great boxing skills. Ronda just could not deal with it.

I wonder if she'll be able to adjust for the rematch.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
So anyway--goes to show how much I know about any of this.

I also predicted:

Bell bottoms are making a comeback.

Rams will draft a running back in the first round when Fisher shaves his mustache.

Justin Bieber--he's the next Elvis.

Facebook is just a fad--My Space owns that part of the web.

Trump will NEVER run for president--but Warren Buffet? His hat's in the ring, trust me.

So---you never know until you know, I guess.

But I was surprised. I don't think I realized how much bigger Holly looks compared to Ronda. And Holly has great boxing skills. Ronda just could not deal with it.

I wonder if she'll be able to adjust for the rematch.
If you get any of those right , I'm hoping it's the bell bottoms , (y)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ego is a terrible thing and has cost many a champ the title.

Super surprised.

I don't follow MMA at all, I don't really like it.

Anyway I was able to watch the fight this morning and Rousey was a poor sport from the start. She didn't do the customary glove tap and just sneered and walked away from Holm. In first round she threw a punch after the bell which didn't effect the outcome of course but it was blatant and really bad form.

She got her ass kicked by a boxer. She took a lot of punches to the face/head and it took away her confidence very early, it was obvious she had no answer for someone with boxing skills. She looked defeated pretty quickly, in fact she was over matched from the start.

I've grown to dislike her a bit because as you say "ego" but to me it was the arrogance she has had in the media. This will probably humble her, and as they say now there is a blueprint. Frankly I was pretty surprised at how poor she was at defending herself. She better get to work on that or this won't be the only time she gets beaten. I know the kick is what finished it but she was nearly finished before that from a few punches she took.

Here is the fight.........

fearsomefour

Legend
Good.
As a boxing fan this reminds me of Lennox Lewis getting blasted by Oliver McCall. Lewis was very arrogant, was off making movies and getting involved in all this other stuff. He took McCall lightly as McCall was not in his class talent wise and got knocked out.
Im glad she got put on her ass. Maybe now all the dumb talk about her being more than what she is can stop.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
She got rocked early , and she was scared

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
She was starting to get annoying. Her ego was growing to gigantic levels.