Ron Clements Camp Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
P Hekker cuts hair, donates to Locks of Love
P John Hekker cut off his long red hair and donated it to Locks of Love. The short-trimmed former Oregon State standout and Seattle-area native said following Friday’s rookie minicamp practice that he only grew his hair long so he could make the donation.

WR Givens says he's 'bigger and stronger' than others think
WR Chris Givens displayed his speed and quickness during Friday’s rookie minicamp practice. Givens said his speed and ability to run after the catch are obvious strong points of his game, but people don’t give him enough credit for his physical strength. “I am a little bigger and stronger than what people think,” said Givens.

WR Givens 'excited' about catching passes from Bradford
CB Janoris Jenkins said he isn’t yet thinking about being on the field with the veterans, but WR Chris Givens is looking forward to catching passes from QB Sam Bradford at next week’s OTAs. “I’m just excited to work with such a great talent like he is,” Givens said.

WR Givens: 'My mindset is just to get better every day'
WR Chris Givens hasn’t thought about the outside perception that the Rams' WR corps has been an area of weakness. “My mindset is just to get better every day,” Givens said Friday. “We haven’t set any goals or try to be the best in the league. We’re just trying to be the best group we can be.”

DT Brockers 'living the surrealness' of being in NFL
DT Michael Brockers said he “got caught up in the moment” of stepping onto an NFL practice field for the first time, but that feeling passed with the end of Friday’s first practice of rookie minicamp. “I’m still living the surrealness of just being here and being in a Rams' jersey,” he said. “It’ll be better as we go on. I’ll take this day as my learning day and the rest is just getting better.”

First-round pick Brockers feels at home with LSU teammates
First-round draft pick DT Michael Brockers said having former LSU teammates OL T. Bob Hebert and TE DeAngelo Peterson at rookie minicamp makes him more comfortable. “I have somebody to sit with at lunch and breakfast and don’t have to be isolated to myself,” Brockers said.

Rookies get look at supersized playbooks
CB Janoris Jenkins and WR Chris Givens both smirked when asked about the size of their respective playbooks. “It’s pretty thick,” Jenkins said but added that he’ll have it down before the season begins. Jenkins said many plays are similar to what he did in college, but some of the terminology is different.

CB Jenkins says Rams 'accepted me with open arms'
CB Janoris Jenkins said he felt accepted for who he is from the time he first met with the Rams and is comfortable in St. Louis and coach Jeff Fisher’s staff. “They accepted me with open arms, and I’m just glad I’ve got the opportunity.”

WR Quick going full bore no matter who throws ball
Although QB Sam Bradford wasn’t on the field and WR Brian Quick was catching passes from fellow rookies Austin Davis of Southern Mississippi and Barrett Trotter of Auburn, Quick said he didn't focus on who was throwing the ball. “Everything matters,” Quick said Friday. “You still have to go 100 miles per hour, catch balls and make plays.”

Fisher doesn't consider Rams in rebuilding mode
Coach Jeff Fisher doesn’t view the Rams as a rebuilding team. “We deleted last year,” said Fisher, who took over in January. “We’re putting players in place, and we’re going to go out and try to win as many games as we can.”

Fisher says Rams in no hurry to sign draft picks
Although some first-round draft picks have already signed with their respective teams, coach Jeff Fisher said the Rams aren’t in a hurry to put pen to paper with their 10 draft picks. “I think it’s important for us to take our time, educate them a little bit,” he said. “I don’t anticipate any problems.”

Rookie minicamp more than practice
Coach Jeff Fisher called the team’s rookie minicamp an “orientation” for the 39 players attending. The focus is on teaching them how things are done in the NFL. Some examples are stretching and dieting. “We got a lot done,” he said before explaining that Thursday night’s meet-and-greet was followed by Friday morning meetings before the afternoon’s two-hour practice.

Fisher pleased with first rookie practice
Coach Jeff Fisher was pleased with Friday’s first practice of rookie minicamp. He said the players are picking up the playbook quickly and was particularly pleased there wasn’t a single “quarterback-center exchange on the ground.” Fisher said that was a first in his 27-year NFL coaching career.

Rams bring 5 extra players to rookie minicamp
n addition to the 23 undrafted rookies and the 10 drafted players, the Rams invited five other players to their rookie minicamp, which began Friday afternoon. Auburn QB Barrett Trotter, WRs Mike Campbell of Temple, Maryland's Tony Logan and Arizona State's T.J. Simpson and Coastal Carolina TE Jamie Childers will all try to catch the coaches' eyes and earn an invitation to training camp.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
WR Mike Campbell still needs to work on his separation and blocking, but if developed..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxe90NykIbI[/youtube]

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
Coach Jeff Fisher was pleased with Friday’s first practice of rookie minicamp. He said the players are picking up the playbook quickly and was particularly pleased there wasn’t a single “quarterback-center exchange on the ground.” Fisher said that was a first in his 27-year NFL coaching career.

I think that Tim Barnes has an excellent shot of winning the backup center job. It's really awesome to see Missouri guys succeed like this.

:cheese:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
ljramsfan said:
WR Mike Campbell still needs to work on his separation and blocking, but if developed..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxe90NykIbI[/youtube]
I'll tell you one thing, he did a hell of a job adjusting to a lot of poorly thrown balls, and that in itself is valuable.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't know about blocking but the guy didn't seem to have any problem with separation. Sure looked like the QB felt he could just huck it up there and the dude would just go get it. Guess we'll see. I have no problem with a complete turn over at WR. If it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Awww poor Brockers. I know that feeling, in 8th grade I usually sat alone.

:boohoo: :sokay:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
RamFan503 said:
I don't know about blocking but the guy didn't seem to have any problem with separation. Sure looked like the QB felt he could just huck it up there and the dude would just go get it. Guess we'll see. I have no problem with a complete turn over at WR. If it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade.

This. Hell, in half of those clips, there wasn't a defender within 5 yds of him.....