Roman Gabriel Condolences

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Sad news, right there. #18 RIP
When I became a RAM fan, Roman Gabriel was one of the players that stood out the most to me. Big influence on me following the Rams to this day. :crying:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Some of us older guys became Rams' fans as kids because of the coolest helmets I have ever seen, plus a few great players wearing them. For nine-year-old me, it was Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen and Roman Gabriel.

Will not bore you guys with childhood memories but I have had a Great time following the Rams.

These are really good times to be a Rams' fan; and this should be an exciting and fun week, as the Team will add 10-12 new players through the Draft, and some more with post-Draft signings.

Remember to enjoy the moments. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited:

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP, you will be missed. Thanks for the memories. I became a fan because of Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, and Jack Youngblood.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When I was a kid I thought he had the coolest name. I was born in 67’ so I don’t recall him playing at all but I did have his football cards.

RIP Roman Gabriel

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn. I hate to hear that. Rest in peace, Roman.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In 1969, he was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated after he won MVP of the league. I was walking around a neighborhood friend's house when I saw the cover and it stuck in my memory ever since. I watched the Rams back then when it was on TV, but I couldn't recognize that many players while watching. I remember Gabriel mostly after I became a strong fan and he had moved on to Philly, most likely. I was 5 years old in 1969 in Whittier (Why the heck did my Mom let me wander that far away??? At least 8 houses away on a different street!).

Anyway, I wasn't like @den-the-coach who could remember everything when he was 2 years old! Dude prolly had Gabe branded diapers back then!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Roman Gabriel was my boyhood idol. My mother sent a letter to the Rams and they sent me a photo with his signature. I don't know what happened to that picture but my mother was the best. RIP Roman.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is a very sad day. Born in 1966, did not get see much of Gabriel, but my Uncle who was 4 years older and more like a brother talked him up to me all the time. Just think if Gabe was a few years younger and Knox had Gabriel for that run in the 70's, he would have bested both Staubach & Bradshaw. RIP Sir Roman, we will never know your like again.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Damn that's sad. He was probably my first favorite player.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There was a song back in 1972 Silvia's Mother by Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show. In that song the line, when he asks her mother to talk to Silvia, I always thought Ray Sawyer sang "Please Mrs. Gabriel, I just gotta talk to her." I was corrected by a cousin eventually that it was "Avery" however, I always sang it as Gabriel when I heard it because of Roman.

1713641784852.png

Ram65

Legend
I have memories of watching Roman Gabriel throwing completions with 2-3 defenders holding on to him on but they, couldn't bring him down—one of the great all-time Ram players. Thoughts to his family and friends. RIP Roman.