Roger Saffold Cleared to play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He's getting paid too much for what he has brought to this team over his career but it's not my money. I guess if they have kept him on the roster they feel he's a good asset and I'm good with their talent evaluation.

Now he needs to earn his spot back and not have it handed to him. If he can do that you have to have the best 5 out there and hope there are no injures this year. Maybe being off the EJD turf will help with that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd have him on the game roster, and ready to back up any injuries that come along. Or, I guess, if he's the best 5, which he probably is, you start him, and have his backup on Defcon 1.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Thought this write up was a bit off.....but rotoworld has very little good to say about any Ram unless they now have become ex Rams ...then based on that alone ....raises their worth & play :mad:. Rotoworld writers must all be from the Bay or SeaTac areas.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5856/rodger-saffold

Rams RG Rodger Saffold (shoulder surgery) tweets he's been cleared to play.

It's in line with the five-month timeline Saffold was given after going under the knife in October. Saffold was bandied about as a potential cap casualty, but survived the Rams' roster purge. Saffold was performing as one of the league's worst players before going down last season, but he'll get another shot for the Rams' shaky line. He turns 28 in June. Mar 11 - 4:16 PM

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thought this write up was a bit off.....but rotoworld has very little good to say about any Ram unless they now have become ex Rams ...then based on that alone ....raises their worth & play :mad:. Rotoworld writers must all be from the Bay or SeaTac areas.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5856/rodger-saffold

Rams RG Rodger Saffold (shoulder surgery) tweets he's been cleared to play.

It's in line with the five-month timeline Saffold was given after going under the knife in October. Saffold was bandied about as a potential cap casualty, but survived the Rams' roster purge. Saffold was performing as one of the league's worst players before going down last season, but he'll get another shot for the Rams' shaky line. He turns 28 in June. Mar 11 - 4:16 PM
He was playing with one arm, from my perspective.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hopefully he can stay healthy.. but if not, Reynolds and Brown played pretty good last year and Wichmann looked good at times, so I think we're in ok shape.
Brown struggled terribly a lot of the time. He received a lot of hype and it did not translate. Reynolds was solid, Wichmann made some good progress. If the season started next week it is Robinson/Reynolds/Barnes/Saffold/Havenstein and not that close in my estimation. But, there are months and months for Brown to get healthy, all of the young guys to progress more and Saffold to get hurt.

fearsomefour

Legend
The easy thing to forget is the Rams have very little depth. Proven depth that is. Battle and Wiliiams may have all sorts of potential, but, they have not played. Brown, Wichmann, Donnal, Reynolds....Reynolds is a solid vet and Wichmann was good in stretches last year....the others, too soon to tell. Saffold has played very well at RT, LT and G in his career. For what he is drawing pay wise it makes sense to keep given the Rams almost complete lack of depth all along the line.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The Rams need to put him at RG or trade him. It's pretty freak'n easy to figure out.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Brown struggled terribly a lot of the time. He received a lot of hype and it did not translate. Reynolds was solid, Wichmann made some good progress. If the season started next week it is Robinson/Reynolds/Barnes/Saffold/Havenstein and not that close in my estimation. But, there are months and months for Brown to get healthy, all of the young guys to progress more and Saffold to get hurt.
Had to quote this, a like wasn't enough, I was laughing out loud.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Let's hope he can put all the injuries behind him and finally plays like he gets paid to.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think this has something to do with a roster bonus as in if he is "cleared" he gets a big check.

Someone go figure that shit out for us..........mkay thanks!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Saffold will provide options on the O Line this season. I still think when he is healthy, he is an excellent OG. We are better off with him this year if he is healthy.
That's a BIG IF!! I hope he is!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams need to put him at RG or trade him. It's pretty freak'n easy to figure out.
I agree he should be at RG, But I'd at least keep him around for depth! Let's see how TC goes!!