Roger Goodell Presser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I just cannot take him seriously. He's made a mockery of the game and league I love. It's like politicians telling you that you should vote for them because they're going to fix the problems that THEY created. Singing all the right notes but actions speak louder.

Last edited:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I just feel like punching this guy in the face whenever I hear him speak, he is so full of shit.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
herr-goodell.jpg

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Just curious anybody know how long godell has left on his deal or how does that work with the commishoner? how much longer are we gonna have to put up with his shit?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I just cannot take him seriously. He's made a mockary of the game and league I love. It's like politicians telling you that you should vote for them because they're going to fix the problems that THEY created. Singing all the right notes but actions speak louder.

So I'm guessing he didn't use any fucking swear words ? :whistle:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Just curious anybody know how long godell has left on his deal or how does that work with the commishoner? how much longer are we gonna have to put up with his crap?

Rozelle was commish for like 29 years, Tagliabue was commish for like 17. Goodell has been commish for like 9 years. So...a while.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Doesn't matter who we replace him with. He appeals to the owners' corporate agenda and even if they did fire him, they're going to replace him with another tool. If you wanna blame someone for putting a shitty product on the field, blame the owners. They reflect corporate America's way of handling business (harvesting short-term profits, it's like a man having a premature orgasm ruining it for his partner)

If you want to run a successful AND well-praised business, follow Germany and South Korea's business model by having the CEO or owners invest some of that wealth on improving the product on he field; the returns will be much higher and the infrastructure will be more stable if done so.

/endrant

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Doesn't matter who we replace him with. He appeals to the owners' corporate agenda and even if they did fire him, they're going to replace him with another tool. If you wanna blame someone for putting a crappy product on the field, blame the owners. They reflect corporate America's way of handling business (harvesting short-term profits, it's like a man having a premature orgasm ruining it for his partner)

If you want to run a successful AND well-praised business, follow Germany and South Korea's business model by having the CEO or owners invest some of that wealth on improving the product on he field; the returns will be much higher and the infrastructure will be more stable if done so.

/endrant
This is too spot on man. I hate what's happening to football as much as the next guy, but I can't pin it on Goodell. He's just the fall guy for what the owners want. The owners don't gather in March and sit around listening to what Goodell has to say about where the league is going. I'm sure the dude hates his job. It's probably tantamount to being the President, hell Obama has a higher approval rating than 'Ol Roger.
I won't go so far as to say I feel sorry for the guy, his $44 million salary helps soften the blow, I'm sure. But to rake him over the coals for essentially being a whipping boy is just something I can't really do. Damn he needs someone to help prep him for public speaking though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The owners LOVE Goodell. Look at the increase in value of teams across the league.
No way they want him gone

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The owners LOVE Goodell. Look at the increase in value of teams across the league.
No way they want him gone
He's good at what they want him to do... keep the League APPEARING good and thus making money.

As far as actual integrity goes, that's for us poor plebes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't trust Goodell. Since he works for the owners, there is a major conflict of interest on some matters.

But; have we ever really liked a commissioner? I didn't particularly like Taglibue either...

Maybe

The

Problem

Is

Us?

:sneaky:

rams2050

Starter
Now, THAT is what fans should start -- our own NFL Hall of SHAME!

We could nominate people to the Hall, and then each year, corresponding with the Super Bowl, phony 'induct' those who have garnered the most points as voted upon by the public.

It would be like the Razzies -- soon the media would jump into the fray, and it would get a LOT of publicity.

Too bad I'm too lazy to design a website. . .

Athos

Legend
I'm sure the dude hates his job.

I'd be hard pressed to hate a job that nets me $45 million a year.

Sad fact is, because of how our economy is/was built, I'd be the owner's bitch for a year for that much money. I'd just have to work one single year, then never have to work again.