RODcast: The Safeties

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let us know what you think guys!

[rc]https://soundcloud.com/ramsondemand/rodcast-safety-position-2013[/rc]

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Sounds very professional! :ja:

You sound a lot taller when I hear you talk. :shock:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very nice inaugural broadcast, fellas! I can't wait until more and more of our in house professionals begin to participate. I'd get involved, but then you all would have to take 2 weeks to recover from all the knowledge bombs I'd be dropping.

TomsMindBlown_zps054f75b5.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nice job guys. Do you have more already recorded?

Lesson

Oh, really?
RamFan503 said:

We recorded for quite a bit. There should be a few more segments up sooner rather than later.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Good stuff.

I'm not entirely sold on McDonald. I really hope he can prove me wrong. The thing that worries me the most is the inexperience we have on the back end. We may have the talent, I just hope we don't have too many growing pains back there. We have a pretty young secondary overall. Well, I guess we have a really young team too overall lol. :tooth:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lesson said:
RamFan503 said:

We recorded for quite a bit. There should be a few more segments up sooner rather than later.

Yeah, Lesson was quite the wind-bag. He wore me out! :lol:

I've started to piece together the next segment and hope to have it out later today or Wednesday.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
Lesson said:
RamFan503 said:

Yeah, Lesson was quite the wind-bag. He wore me out! :lol:

I've started to piece together the next segment and hope to have it out later today or Wednesday.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Pretty cool amigos
train

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
That's righteous guys. Keep it up. Good conversation

I had forgotten about the Giordano signing. He'll provide good depth. I think there will be bumps along the way, but our safeties have a much higher ceiling than their counterparts from last year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Selassie I said:
I thought this was going to have video.

Yeah well I thought it was gonna have paint by numbers but ya don't see me whinin' do ya!

:cool:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:
I thought this was going to have video.

Yeah well I thought it was gonna have paint by numbers but ya don't see me whinin' do ya!

:cool:

LOL

Don't get me wrong,,, good job on this. I thought there was going to be video because I thought Skype was being used. I get confused very easily.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Awesome, keep these up please. Looking forward to inseason casts. Will do do game previews and recaps? That would be great.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Nice, it didn't sound like it was the first time. Very good flow. Now wait until I get in there and "screw the pooch". :whome?: :whome?:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Username said:
Good stuff.

I'm not entirely sold on McDonald. I really hope he can prove me wrong. The thing that worries me the most is the inexperience we have on the back end. We may have the talent, I just hope we don't have too many growing pains back there. We have a pretty young secondary overall. Well, I guess we have a really young team too overall lol. :tooth:
I'm pretty much in total agreement.

I also agree with Lesson in that our safeties were bad last year, especially Dahl. I thought Mikell played well, but I honestly believe that Stewart can do at least nearly as good of a job if he can stay healthy. The big hole was obviously FS where Dahl might have been the worst in the league. Even if TJ McDonald doesn't come in and play like a rookie of the year and even if he makes rookie mistakes, I think that means he will still play as well as Dahl did (who made plenty of mistakes himself).

By maturation our CBs should be better which can make up for some of those deficiencies and having a LB like Ogletree who can cover may also make up for it. The DL should be better next year with Brockers and Quinn having another year of experience and Langford having more experience at DT. Also with OLB Dunbar and Alec rushing the passer it makes our pass rush even better next year (scary to think about considering we tied for the NFL lead in sacks). A good pass rush can make your secondary look pretty good. In other words, even if McDonald doesn't set the world on fire as a rookie, I don't think he'll be as exposed as if they played in Oakland or Jacksonville who had a very poor pass rush.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sgt. Ram said:
Awesome, keep these up please. Looking forward to inseason casts. Will do do game previews and recaps? That would be great.

Great ideas. Keep them coming!

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
My man totally forgot about Bradley Fletcher when talking CBs last season, who was some what established here minus some injuries but was a big part of our D in the first half of the season and truly only lost his spot because coaches needed to some tape on Tru (who finishes strong btw)...But no worries, no worries. :yeh:

Great listen. This is really cool. ROD just keeps expanding and expanding.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Im totally impressed guys! Great Idea and great job encompassing it into a podcast!

My feeling on our S situation is I really think it will take McDonald until next year to get acclimated into working out and I'm not sure what our SS situation is going to be like. Let me get this right our two safeties are interchangeable now right?