ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
We'll do that but the order would have to be either (1, 2, 3) (2, 3, 1) or (3,1, 2) for the timing to work. Anything other than (1, 2, 3) would cost us 1/2 or 2/3 of the first day of the draft though we could start a day earlier. I'll put the numbers 1, 2 and 3 on a slip of paper and pick a number. The order for the other two teams will be as indicated. You can see if someone wants to trade Groups with you but if you do trade, you'll be expected to be available to post in the times listed for your new group. Of course with trades and such, GMs might need to be available at times outside their group so everyone needs to keep track of what's happening. Remember, you can always PM me your picks.

It's always going to be less than optimal for someone so...

So my daughter just did that and here is the result: 3, 1, 2 (you owe her big time Jack :LOL:). That means we'll start a day earlier with GMs from group 3 at whatever time the GM picking first does his thing which needn't be before 6 PM EST but could be. Group 3 will consist of the first 11 teams picking in the draft. Group 1 will consist of the next 11 teams picking in the draft and Group 2 will pick for the last 10 teams picking in the draft. As I said before, which team a GM gets in each Group will be determined after the SB.

When's her birthday? I'll mail her 5 bucks. Canadian of course, so it's like $2.50 for you haha

FrankenRam

Starter
Is it feasible to allow the GM's to pick a team? I don't know if that would work or not, but there may be some who would have a preference. Not suggesting it should be done, just asking if it's feasible.

I've got ancient ties to the Iggles and would be happy to have them.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Is it feasible to allow the GM's to pick a team? I don't know if that would work or not, but there may be some who would have a preference. Not suggesting it should be done, just asking if it's feasible.

i'd rather get a team blindly so i can prove my genius as a GM - (im after your job Grigson!!!)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
@Alan - thanks for all this hard work - it may be easier for us all to fly out to the actual draft next year and go real time ;)

Alan

Legend
FrankenRam with this:

If two GMs want the same team then what? Not to mention the fact that all the work done to determine the best time periods for each GM would be in the toilet. But...here's where your personal powers of persuasion come in. You can trade teams with anyone in your Group. You can also trade with someone in a different group but then you and the GM you trade with must be willing to check in to pick at times that are not optimal for you. We do not want to have to wait around for a GM to pick who hasn't checked in at the ROD for 10 hours. We'll still probably have the problem occasionally due to trades but there's nothing that can be done about that. I'll need to approve (after some PM discussions with both GMs) a team trade outside your group.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If two GMs want the same team then what? Not to mention the fact that all the work done to determine the best time periods for each GM would be in the toilet. But...here's where your personal powers of persuasion come in. You can trade teams with anyone in your Group. You can also trade with someone in a different group but then you and the GM you trade with must be willing to check in to pick at times that are not optimal for you. We do not want to have to wait around for a GM to pick who hasn't checked in at the ROD for 10 hours. We'll still probably have the problem occasionally due to trades but there's nothing that can be done about that. I'll need to approve (after some PM discussions with both GMs) a team trade outside your group.

I would prefer the random aspect too. Though trades after the random picks should be ok like you said.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And....
amateur-big-boobs-1-0020023AC0D5B.jpg

Alan

Legend
TheDYVKX with a keen observation:
That's an eternity, man.
I know, even for me. I was thinking about picking (and releasing) the teams for Group 3 and Group 1 right away. I got to thinking about the fact that some GMs get an early start on their research is meaningless unless it's a contest which this isn't. Before I do that though, I'd like to hear some comments from GROUP 2 Gms ONLY. :LOL: PM me if you want. Probably all the GMs who are gonna say no. :ROFLMAO: Excuse, i'm at about 20,000 ft right now.

Pre-draft is a great time to find out the parameters of the compensation for a trade up/down. I'm talking 1st round here of course.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I know, even for me. I was thinking about picking (and releasing) the teams for Group 3 and Group 1 right away. I got to thinking about the fact that some GMs get an early start on their research is meaningless unless it's a contest which this isn't. Before I do that though, I'd like to hear some comments from GROUP 2 Gms ONLY. :LOL: PM me if you want. Probably all the GMs who are gonna say no. :ROFLMAO: Excuse, i'm at about 20,000 ft right now.

Pre-draft is a great time to find out the parameters of the compensation for a trade up/down. I'm talking 1st round here of course.
WHAT??????????? No way man!..............Frankly my dear, I don't give a flying Penelope poot. Do what makes the most sense to you Alan. I'm good with your future decision.

FrankenRam

Starter

I get ya. I wasn't sure how much it could confuse things, but figured it couldn't to ask.

Alan

Legend
I haven't heard a peep from anyone except my buddy @Ramhusker so here is Group 3 & Group 1:

All groupings are EST.
7 AM - 12 PM Group 1
11 AM - 7 PM Group 2
6 PM - 12 AM Group 3

Latest update:

1) @shaunpinney Chicago Bears
2) @FrankenRam Cleveland Browns
3) @Merlin Baltimore Ravens
4) @Tron 2 -Group 2
5) @Ramrocket Group 2
6) @12intheBox New York Jets
7) @JackDRams San Francisco 49ers
8) @Riverumbbq Group 2
9) @TheDYVKX New York Giants
10) @Legatron4 7 Indianapolis Colts
11) @Boston Ram Los Angeles Rams
12) @PressureD41 Jacksonville Jaguars
13) @Rams Until I Die Atlanta Falcons
14) @DaveFan'51 Philadelphia Eagles
15) @LosAngelesRams Tampa Bay Buccaneers
16) @OC--LeftCoast Miami Dolphins
17) @Ramhusker Group 2
18) @jsimcox Group 2
19) @Jorgeh0605 Dallas Cowboys
20) @Dieter the Brock Detroit Lions
21) @Shawnbb158 San Diego Chargers
22) @Mojo Ram Group 2
23) @BatteringRambo Group 2
24) @Warner4Prez Group 2
25) @-X- Oakland Raiders
26) @A55VA6 Tennessee Titans
27) @OldSchool Group 2
28) @hotanez Group 2
29) @Gandalf New Orleans Saints
30) @T-REX Buffalo Bills
31) @JRobinson Group 2
32) @Killgasm 9pm - Washington Redskins

Group 1 (11 GMs): @shaunpinney , @12intheBox , @Legatron4 , @Boston Ram , @Rams Until I Die , @DaveFan'51 , @Dieter the Brock , @Gandalf , @T-REX , @Killgasm , @-X-

Group 2 (11 GMs): @Tron , @Ramrocket , @Ramhusker , @jsimcox , @Mojo Ram , @hotanez , @JRobinson , @Riverumbbq , @BatteringRambo , @Warner4Prez , @OldSchool

Group 3 (10 GMs): @FrankenRam , @Merlin , @JackDRams , @TheDYVKX , @PressureD41 , @LosAngelesRams , @OC--LeftCoast , @Jorgeh0605 , @Shawnbb158 , @A55VA6 , [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
Just a little something you might be interested in:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551301/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team
1. Tennessee Titans
2015 record: 3-13 (.492)
Top need: Offensive tackle
Other needs: Running back, safety, inside linebacker
Top prospects at positional needs: OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame),Jack Conklin (Michigan State); RB: Ezekiel Elliott(Ohio State), Derrick Henry (Alabama), Jordan Howard (Indiana); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse (Clemson), Deon Bush(Miami); ILB: Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Scooby Wright III (Arizona), Antonio Morrison (Florida).
Analysis: The Titans look like they were able to hit with their selection of Marcus Mariota, but the best way to help him build his confidence and grow as a quarterback is to make sure he is surrounded with a balanced attack and quality tackle play to keep him protected. The Titans need a lead running back and bell-cow offensive tackle in the worst way. Veteran safety Michael Griffin is a prime candidate to become a cap casualty, so that position will need to be addressed. Inside linebacker play could use an upgrade in talent.

2. Cleveland Browns
2015 record: 3-13 (.531)
Top need: Quarterback
Other needs: Wide receiver, defensive end, inside linebacker
Top prospects at positional needs:QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch(Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); WR: Laquon Treadwell(Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh),Corey Coleman (Baylor); DE: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Kevin Dodd (Clemson); ILB:Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Scooby Wright III (Arizona), Antonio Morrison (Florida).
Analysis: The Browns took another swing at the franchise quarterback spot two years ago and that looks like a miss now. They must keep trying to find that guy. How do the Browns do a better job of stopping the run? Well, new talent might be nice. The inside linebacker position needs an infusion of young playmakers, and the same can be said at the defensive end spot.

3. San Diego Chargers
2015 record: 4-12 (.527)
Top need: Wide receiver
Other needs: Linebacker, quarterback, center
Top prospects at positional needs: WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh),Corey Coleman (Baylor); LB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd(Georgia); QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); Center: Ryan Kelly (Alabama), Max Tuerk (USC), Evan Boehm (Missouri).
Analysis: For years it was just Antonio Gates, maybe Vincent Jackson and then a slew of guys catching passes from Philip Rivers. Gates is on the way out, and the Chargers need more help at wide receiver beyond Keenan Allen, who is out for the season with an injury. Denzel Perryman is waiting in the wings at inside linebacker, but it wouldn't hurt to add another player to that position. While finding a backup quarterback to potentially take over for Rivers could be in the works, finding a starting center who is at least average to above average should be a priority in the offseason.

4. Dallas Cowboys
2015 record: 4-12 (.531)
Other needs: Running back, defensive tackle, linebacker
Top prospects at positional needs: QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); RB: Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State), Derrick Henry (Alabama), Jordan Howard (Indiana); DT: Andrew Billings (Baylor), A'Shawn Robinson(Alabama), Jarran Reed (Alabama); LB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia).
Analysis: The Cowboys' offensive line is built for a rushing attack, so the Cowboys might want to go find a bell cow at that spot like they had with DeMarco Murray. Tony Romo's season-ending injury makes finding his heir apparent a much higher priority than it was when the Cowboys entered the season. Dallas did a nice job of building in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball and now they need to turn their attention to the defensive side -- specifically at defensive tackle.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars
2015 record: 5-11 (.473)
Top need: Cornerback
Other needs: Safety, center, defensive tackle
Top prospects at positional needs: CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves(Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse(Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami); Center: Ryan Kelly (Alabama), Max Tuerk (USC), Evan Boehm(Missouri); DT: Andrew Billings (Baylor), A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama), Jarran Reed (Alabama).
Analysis: Provided Dante Fowler comes back at 100 percent, he'll help the Jaguars' pass rush, but they must add more talent and competition for those starting secondary spots. Jacksonville wants to be a better running team, and finding the right fit at center can go a long way in that quest. It might also be time to add competition along the defensive tackle spot.

6. Baltimore Ravens
2015 record: 5-11 (.508)
Top need: Safety
Other needs: Rush linebacker, wide receiver
Top prospects at positional needs: Safety:Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse(Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami); Rush linebacker:Leonard Floyd (Georgia), Kyler Fackrell (Utah State), Kamalei Correa (Boise State); WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh),Corey Coleman (Baylor).
Analysis: With Antonio Brown and A.J. Green in the division, the Ravens are in desperate need of a legitimate, back-end safety who can make plays and help defend against the deep ball. Terrell Suggs' injury is par for the course for aging players and adding a young pass rusher would help. We are waiting to see what Breshad Perriman can do, but more talent for Joe Flacco couldn't hurt.

7. San Francisco 49ers
2015 record: 5-11 (.539)
Other needs: Right tackle, wide receiver, defensive line
Top prospects at positional needs: QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz(North Dakota State); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin(Michigan State); WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh), Corey Coleman (Baylor); DL: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Andrew Billings (Baylor).
Analysis: The 49ers hoped that Colin Kaepernick would somehow turn it around, but he didn't and they know it is time to move on. The 49ers are almost assured of being in position to take a first-round quarterback for the first time since making Alex Smith with the first pick of the 2005 NFL Draft. Sudden retirements have left the 49ers a mess, and maybe no more so than at right tackle. Consistency at wide receiver would be helped with an infusion of young talent, and the formerly formidable defensive front for the 49ers could use an upgrade along the defensive line.

8. Miami Dolphins
2015 record: 6-10 (.469)
Other needs: Guard, offensive tackle, inside linebacker
Top prospects at positional needs: CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves(Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson) Guard: Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett(Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State); ILB: Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Scooby Wright III (Arizona),Antonio Morrison (Florida).
Analysis: Adding talent to the cornerback position should be one of Miami's top priorities, as Brent Grimes turns 33 this summer and the rest of the roster isn't where it needs to be at that position. TheDolphins have talent on their roster, but something isn't clicking with them. Offensively, the Dolphinsare going to have to find better players at both tackle and guard. The offensive tackle position needs more competition and the guard spot needs more talent.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2015 record: 6-10 (.484)
Other needs: Defensive end, offensive tackle, guard
Top prospects at positional needs: CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves(Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); DE:DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Kevin Dodd (Clemson); OT: Laremy Tunsil(Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State); Guard: Cody Whitehair(Kansas State), Joshua Garnett (Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina).
Analysis: There are needs galore for this team, but it starts at offensive tackle in my mind. Tampa needs to look for a young, athletic replacement forGosder Cherilus and finding a replacement for veteran Logan Mankins at guard could be in the offing, as well. Lovie Smith's defense is based on upfield pressure, but he has only one defensive end in place and needs to find a true edge man for the right side. Cornerback and safety are both big concerns and Tampa might need to make cornerback an early priority.

10. New York Giants
2015 record: 6-10 (.500)
Top need: Defensive end
Other needs: Running back, safety, offensive tackle
Top prospects at positional needs: DE: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Kevin Dodd (Clemson); RB: Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State), Derrick Henry (Alabama), Jordan Howard (Indiana); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse (Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State).
Analysis: We've been able to peek into the world of what life without a healthy Jason Pierre-Paullooks like and it is not pretty. The Giants need another pass rusher as soon as possible. Competition must be created at that position and at the safety position opposite rookie Landon Collins. Finding a dual-threat safety who can handle himself in coverage would be preferable. The running game is in desperate need of an upgrade and Tom Coughlin usually prefers to find a primary runner rather than just leaning on a committee. If the Giants are intent at leaving Ereck Flowers at left tackle, then they need to find a competent right tackle to go with him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572264/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-nos-1120
11. Chicago Bears
2015 record: 6-10 (.547)
Top need: Pass rusher
Other needs: Quarterback, cornerback, left tackle, wide receiver
Top prospects at positional needs: Pass rusher:DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); QB: Jared Goff(Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz(North Dakota State); CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves (Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss),Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin(Michigan State); Guard: Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett (Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina); WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh), Corey Coleman (Baylor).
Analysis: Chicago has had improved play from Jay Cutler as the season progressed, but after 10 years, he is who he is. The question for Chicago is where it will prioritize quarterback this year -- or if it does at all. Wide receiver opposite Alshon Jeffery could be addressed within the first three rounds, but finding a pass rusher should be the Bears' top priority.

12. New Orleans Saints
2015 record: 7-9 (.504)
Top need: Weak-side linebacker
Other needs: Guard, quarterback, cornerback
Top prospects at positional needs: LB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); Guard: Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett (Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina); QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves (Florida), Mackensie Alexander(Clemson).
Analysis: The Saints are having trouble stopping teams through the air, and even though third-round cornerback P.J. Williams is on the injured reserve, they should continue to look for talent at that position. As the Saints' transition from their high-flying offensive days under Drew Brees to a more run-oriented approach, they might look for a jackhammer at the guard spot who can blow holes open for Mark Ingram. The Saints will need to find a wide receiver with length to help them challenge defenses on the perimeter. If the Saints can find a quality pass rusher who can consistently threaten off the edge, that will go a long way in helping their secondary as well.

13. Philadelphia Eagles
2015 record: 7-9 (.508)
Other needs: Offensive tackle, pass rusher, guard
Top prospects at positional needs: QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz(North Dakota State); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin(Michigan State); Pass rusher: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Leonard Floyd(Georgia); Guard: Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett (Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina).
Analysis: While we aren't sure about the status of Chip Kelly after 2015, the quarterback spot is a massive hole no matter who the head coach is. The Eagles' once-revered offensive line is in dire need of upgrades at both guard and tackle. The offensive line is a mess and must be addressed. Finding edge speed to rush the passer was a need last year and should be again this time around.

14. Oakland Raiders
2015 record: 7-9 (.512)
Other needs: Offensive tackle, right guard, safety
Top prospects at positional needs: CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves(Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State); Guard: Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett(Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse(Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami).
Analysis: D.J. Hayden has not been the player that the Raiders were hoping for when they made him a first-round selection in 2013, so the cornerback position needs to be addressed at some point. TheRaiders are hanging on at tackle and could use a young talent on the left side to protect Derek Carr's blindside. The Raiders might be able to find an immediate starter at right guard based on their current talent at that position.

15. Los Angeles Rams
2015 record: 7-9 (.527)
Other needs: Quarterback, cornerback, center
Top prospects at positional needs: WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh), Corey Coleman (Baylor); QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves(Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); Center: Ryan Kelly(Alabama), Max Tuerk (USC), Evan Boehm (Missouri).
Analysis: Another year, another draft in which the Rams need to find a wide receiver they can build their passing game around because that guy doesn't appear to be on the roster -- still. Even if theRams finally find a true WR1, do they have a quarterback they trust to build around? That's becoming extremely doubtful. The Rams could use more talent at center, and with both starting CBs set for free agency, the Rams might decide to make that position an early round priority.

16. Detroit Lions
2015 record: 7-9 (.535)
Other needs: Offensive tackle, inside linebacker, defensive end
Top prospects at positional needs: CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves(Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State); ILB: Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Scooby Wright III (Arizona),Antonio Morrison (Florida); DE: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Kevin Dodd(Clemson).
Analysis: The Lions are in desperate need of a playmaker in the secondary who can take the ball away and flip the momentum and the field. Riley Reiff is built to be a right tackle or a guard, and the sooner the Lions can lock in on a young, bell-cow left tackle and move Reiff to a more natural spot, the better off they will be. Finding a tone-setter in the middle of the defense should also be a priority as should finding a bookend pass rusher to give Ziggy Ansah help.

17. Atlanta Falcons
2015 record: 8-8 (.480)
Other needs: Tight end, defensive end, inside linebacker
Top prospects at positional needs:Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State),Jayron Kearse (Clemson), Deon Bush(Miami); TE: Hunter Henry (Arkansas),Nick Vannett (Ohio State), Austin Hooper (Stanford); DE: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Kevin Dodd (Clemson); ILB:Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Scooby Wright III (Arizona), Antonio Morrison (Florida).
Analysis: The back end of the Falcons secondary needs help, but how early are the Falcons willing to take a safety? It wasn't that long ago that the Falcons had one of the more talented linebacking corps in the league, but over the last few years it has left much to be desired. Plain and simple, the Falconsneed a "captain of the defense" manning the middle. Kyle Shanahan's offense works best with combination tight ends who are willing blockers, but athletic enough to threaten defenses on all levels of the field. Finding another pass rusher to go with Vic Beasley is also a potential draft-day priorities.

18. Indianapolis Colts
2015 record: 8-8 (.500)
Other needs: Cornerback, outside linebacker, running back
Top prospects at positional needs: OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame),Jack Conklin (Michigan State); CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves (Florida),Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); OLB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); RB: Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State), Derrick Henry (Alabama), Jordan Howard (Indiana).
Analysis: Try as they might, the Colts are still trying to find the right combination along the offensive line. While they seem to have the left side of the offensive line put together, the right side needs to be addressed and quickly. The Colts simply aren't getting enough pass rush from the edge, and might have to make that a priority in the 2016 draft. With several cornerbacks set to become free agents in the offseason, it might not be a bad idea to replenish the position. Both Frank Gore and Ahmad Bradshaw are temporary Band-Aids at a position that needs a more permanent solution.

19. Buffalo Bills
2015 record: 8-8 (.508)
Top need: Right tackle
Other needs: Linebacker, safety, defensive tackle
Top prospects at positional needs:OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin(Michigan State); LB: Myles Jack(UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame),Leonard Floyd (Georgia); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse(Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami); DT:Andrew Billings (Baylor), A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama), Jarran Reed (Alabama).
Analysis: It wasn't that long ago that the Bills selected both Seantrel Henderson and Cyrus Kouandjioin the same draft to compete for the right tackle spot. Unfortunately, it is looking like neither guy will end up becoming the starter of the future, and the Bills just might agree with that sentiment. The Billsneed an upgrade in talent at most of the linebacker positions and a safety who can handle himself in coverage. It is also looking like time to add depth all along the defensive line.

20. New York Jets
2015 record: 10-6 (.441)
Top need: Outside linebacker
Other needs: Right tackle, tight end, quarterback, offensive guard
Top prospects at positional needs: OLB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State); QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); Guard:Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett (Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina).
Analysis: The Jets' defensive line is full of dominant performers, but the missing ingredient has been a true edge bender at the outside linebacker spot. Finding an edge rusher should be an early round draft priority. The Jets need to upgrade the right tackle spot, and left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson's massive cap hit makes him a potential cap cut. This Jets' regime might want to go in a different direction at tight end while quarterback is looming as a growing priority with the Geno Smith pick looking more and more dubious.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572265/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-playoff-teams
21. Washington Redskins
2015 record: 9-7 (.465)
Top need: Center
Other needs: Wide receiver, cornerback, defensive line, offensive tackle
Top prospects at positional needs: Center: Ryan Kelly (Alabama), Max Tuerk (USC), Evan Boehm(Missouri); WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh), Corey Coleman (Baylor); CB:Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves (Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); DL:DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Andrew Billings (Baylor); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State).
Analysis: Kirk Cousins has turned this "top need spot" into a new position. While we might not be totally sold on Cousins as the long-term solution, it is reasonable to think the Redskins can target an area like offensive or defensive line where the team needs more competition, depth and talent. Center could be addressed within the first four rounds, while cornerback and wide receiver are wild-card needs.

22. Houston Texans
2015 record: 9-7 (.496)
Other needs: Running back, inside linebacker, defensive tackle
Top prospects at positional needs: QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz(North Dakota State); RB: Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State),Derrick Henry (Alabama), Jordan Howard (Indiana); ILB: Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Scooby Wright III(Arizona), Antonio Morrison (Florida); DT: Andrew Billings (Baylor), A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama),Jarran Reed (Alabama).
Analysis: Despite the steady play of Brian Hoyer since his re-insertion back into the starting lineup, he's not the long-term answer. Are the Texans willing to wait another year with a bridge quarterback at the helm? Arian Foster and Brian Cushing have been key core members of the Texans, but injuries and salary concerns could usher them out of Houston and their backups simply aren't good enough. The Vince Wilfork era will be a short-lived one and finding a space-eater in the middle could be on theTexans' radar this year.

23. Minnesota Vikings
2015 record: 11-5 (.504)
Other needs: Offensive guard, outside linebacker, safety
Top prospects at positional needs: WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh),Corey Coleman (Baylor); Guard: Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett (Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina); OLB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd(Georgia); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse (Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami).
Analysis: Teddy Bridgewater has shown maturity and ability, but he needs more help outside to go along with draft steal Stefon Diggs at receiver. Chad Greenway's contract expires this season and theVikings will need to find a capable replacement at his linebacker spot. With Brian Robison turning 33 this summer, a true edge presence as a pass rusher might be coveted by head coach Mike Zimmer for his defensive front. The Vikings would be wise to add a guard (or two) to compete for a starting spot as soon as the 2016 season. Help at safety is very likely on the Vikings radar at some point in the offseason.

24. Cincinnati Bengals
2015 record: 12-4 (.477)
Other needs: Wide receiver, linebacker, defensive tackle, center
Top prospects at positional needs: Safety: Darian Thompson(Boise State), Jayron Kearse (Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami); WR:Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh), Corey Coleman (Baylor); LB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); DT: Andrew Billings (Baylor),A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama), Jarran Reed (Alabama); Center:Ryan Kelly (Alabama), Max Tuerk (USC), Evan Boehm (Missouri).
Analysis: While I'm not sure that there is one "must-have" need for the Bengals, finding an upper-echelon safety would really help to solidify this defense. Center Russell Bodine has been pushed around far too often up front, and it might be impossible for the Bengals to ignore that position beyond this season. A.J. Green is the man at wide receiver, but free agency looms for four wide receivers on the Bengals' depth chart and not everyone will be retained. Free agency and age could lead theBengals to add one, if not two linebackers and depth at defensive tackle is entirely possible with on of their draft picks.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers
2015 record: 10-6 (.504)
Other needs: Guard, quarterback, safety
Top prospects at positional needs: CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves(Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); Guard: Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett(Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina); QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse (Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami).
Analysis: The Steelers can't stop the pass. There hasn't been a bunch of turnover for the Steelers at the cornerback spot, but this might be the year we see some new blood added and not just for depth purposes, but as potential long-term starters. To go along with some new cornerbacks, the Steelersmight be on the lookout for Will Allen's eventual replacement if they find a safety talented enough. The absence of Ben Roethlisberger has highlighted the need for the Steelers to find a capable, young backup to groom and it might be time to find a left guard to challenge Ramon Foster for the starting role.

26. Seattle Seahawks
2015 record: 10-6 (.520)
Other needs: Wide receiver, defensive tackle, offensive tackle
Top prospects at positional needs:CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State),Vernon Hargreaves (Florida),Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); WR:Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh), Corey Coleman(Baylor); DT: Andrew Billings (Baylor),A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama), Jarran Reed (Alabama); OT: Laremy Tunsil(Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State).
Analysis: Seattle covets playmaking secondary players and new cornerback talent is a must. After moving Justin Britt inside to guard, the Seahawks have been trying to figure out the tackle spot opposite Russell Okung. In reality, Okung's spot might also be open as the Seahawks might decide to pass on re-signing him in the offseason. Russell Wilson could always use another player at the outside receiver spot. Richard Sherman is dominant, but teams have found the going to be much, much easier on the other side. Seattle has starting defensive tackles due to hit free agency and would be wise to draft at that position and look to reload with younger, less expensive talent there.

27. Green Bay Packers
2015 record: 10-6 (.531)
Top need: Pass rusher
Other needs: Tight end, defensive tackle, offensive tackle, inside linebacker
Top prospects at positional needs: Pass rusher: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); TE: Hunter Henry (Arkansas), Nick Vannett (Ohio State), Austin Hooper (Stanford); DT: Andrew Billings (Baylor), A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama), Jarran Reed(Alabama); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State); ILB: Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Scooby Wright III (Arizona), Antonio Morrison (Florida).
Analysis: Green Bay has tried to play Clay Matthews all over the field, but he's only one man and another one like him is needed whether it is at inside or outside linebacker. The Packers appear to be set along the offensive line, but will need to find a swing tackle who can play on the left or right side.B.J. Raji might not be re-signed, so adding a defensive tackle with mass is likely. The Packers are always looking for a quality combo tight end and this year should be no different.

28. Kansas City Chiefs
2015 record: 11-5 (.496)
Other needs: Defensive end, inside linebacker, safety
Top prospects at positional needs:OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin(Michigan State); DE: DeForest Buckner(Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Kevin Dodd (Clemson); ILB: Reggie Ragland(Alabama), Scooby Wright III (Arizona),Antonio Morrison (Florida); Safety:Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse (Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami).
Analysis: The Chiefs love 2015 first-round cornerback Marcus Peters and believe their young cornerbacks have loads of potential. However, with just two safeties under contract for next year, that position will likely have to be addressed at some point during the draft or in free agency. Eric Fisherhas had an up-and-down career so far in Kansas City, but even if he is penciled in at left tackle, the other tackle spot should be wide open entering the offseason. Help along the defensive front at defensive end and inside linebacker could be possibilities.

29. Arizona Cardinals
2015 record: 13-3 (.477)
Top need: Outside linebacker
Other needs: Center, inside linebacker, running back, defensive end
Top prospects at positional needs: OLB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); Center: Ryan Kelly (Alabama), Max Tuerk (USC), Evan Boehm (Missouri); ILB:Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Scooby Wright III (Arizona), Antonio Morrison (Florida); RB: Ezekiel Elliott(Ohio State), Derrick Henry (Alabama), Jordan Howard (Indiana); DE: DeForest Buckner (Oregon),Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Kevin Dodd (Clemson).
Analysis: Arizona will likely be on the lookout for an edge-bending, disruptive pass rusher. Defensive ends Frostee Rucker and Cory Redding aren't getting any younger and the Cardinals' defense feeds off of an active defensive front. Arizona could use a young, talented hammer with good size in the middle of its defense at linebacker. After spending money and draft picks on many positions along the offensive line, it is time for the center spot to be addressed. Chris Johnson was a great find for general manager Steve Keim, but the Cardinals might be looking for a younger, bigger runner to match withDavid Johnson for their future growth.

30. Denver Broncos
2015 record: 12-4 (.500)
Other needs: Offensive guard, tight end
Top prospects at positional needs: OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame),Jack Conklin (Michigan State); Guard: Cody Whitehair (Kansas State), Joshua Garnett (Stanford), Landon Turner (North Carolina); TE: Hunter Henry (Arkansas), Nick Vannett (Ohio State), Austin Hooper (Stanford).
Analysis: Gary Kubiak understands the importance of a quality offensive tackle and I'm not sure one is available to him on this roster outside of the oft-injured Ryan Clady. Even if they keep Clady for another year, the Broncos need to find their next stud offensive tackle. Denver will probably move on from Evan Mathis sooner rather than later, but that might be a target late in the draft. Vernon Davisand Owen Daniels are a nice combination, but neither player is young and finding another combination tight end makes sense.

31. Carolina Panthers
2015 record: 15-1 (.441)
Top need: Left tackle
Other needs: Safety, wide receiver, defensive end
Top prospects at positional needs:OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin(Michigan State); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse(Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami); WR:Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh), Corey Coleman(Baylor); DE: DeForest Buckner(Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Kevin Dodd (Clemson).
Analysis: Michael Oher is nothing more than a stop-gap at left tackle, and the Panthers simply have to find their left tackle of the future at some point in the near future. The secondary has performed admirably this season, but adding a high-impact safety to eventually take over for Roman Harper is a distinct possibility. Ron Rivera understands the importance of a dominant defensive end and thePanthers will be keeping an eye out for that spot.

Team without a first-round pick*

New England Patriots
2015 record: 12-4 (.473)
Other needs: Wide receiver, running back, offensive tackle
Top prospects at positional needs: CB: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Vernon Hargreaves(Florida), Mackensie Alexander (Clemson); WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh),Corey Coleman (Baylor); RB: Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State), Derrick Henry (Alabama), Jordan Howard (Indiana); OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State).
Analysis: With the proliferation of three wide receiver sets, the Patriots have always been mindful about stockpiling draft selections for their secondary. Then again, New England is just as quick to let cornerbacks and safeties go in free agency. There's no reason to believe the Patriots won't target a talented cornerback this year. The Patriots might not need a deep threat at receiver since Brady doesn't go over the top like he once did, but finding a true WR1 other than a slot receiver (Julian Edelman) would be nice. The Patriots mix and match running backs each year so while they might add a back, but I doubt it will be an early priority. It's time for the Patriots to add some competition into the mix at left tackle.
*Note: The Patriots were stripped of a first-round pick in the 2016 draft (plus a third-rounder in the 2017 draft) for the team's role in the deflated footballs scandal.