ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It's quite possible that we should have done a real time type mock. Oh well. No biggie.

Anyone wanna try putting one up? I would but I don't wanna. I could have come up with some kind of grand excuse but in reality the truth seems to work best.

I will participate in that if it happens, except without the crazy trades this time. I got crucified for that one.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I think we should be fine for this one, i spoke to Dr180 earlier today, and he knew who he was taking. I doubt he'll be long.

Alan

Legend
In case he doesn't show, I pick this guy:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014C.php
Syracuse_logo.gif
Macky MacPherson, C, Syracuse
  1. Height: 6-2. Weight: 286.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.02.
    Projected Round (2014): 7-FA.

3/16/14: Syracuse had a rough start to this season. MacPherson looks very undersized and would be better as a developmental player on the practice squad. He had some solid games as a run-blocker for Jerome Smith. MacPherson didn't participate in the Combine.

8/7/13: MacPherson is a solid blocker, but is extremely undersized. He had a strong 2012 season blocking for Ryan Nassib. MacPherson did a nice job of keeping a clean pocket. He broke into the starting lineup in 2011 as a sophomore.

MacPherson really needs to add some bulk for the NFL. Helping him to appeal to scouts is his long-snapping ability. Even if the senior can add weight, he only really projects to a zone-blocking scheme.

Personal: Geography major. Son of Maureen MacPherson. Grandson of former Syracuse head coach and College Football Hall of Fame inductee Dick MacPherson.
They have him rated as the 11th best but he's my sleeper pick. Highly underrated IMO. Plus, how can you not like someone named Macky MacPherson?

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They have him rated as the 11th best but he's my sleeper pick. Highly underrated IMO. Plus, how can you not like someone named Macky MacPherson?

Dude needs to divorce his parents.

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 noticing the obvious:
Dude needs to divorce his parents.

I'm sure his mother was on an epidural at the time but what was his father taking? :ROFLMAO:

I hope that Macky is at least short for something. Can't think what it would be though. Any ideas?

In case he doesn't show, I pick this guy:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014C.php
Syracuse_logo.gif
Macky MacPherson, C, Syracuse
  1. Height: 6-2. Weight: 286.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.02.
    Projected Round (2014): 7-FA.

3/16/14: Syracuse had a rough start to this season. MacPherson looks very undersized and would be better as a developmental player on the practice squad. He had some solid games as a run-blocker for Jerome Smith. MacPherson didn't participate in the Combine.

8/7/13: MacPherson is a solid blocker, but is extremely undersized. He had a strong 2012 season blocking for Ryan Nassib. MacPherson did a nice job of keeping a clean pocket. He broke into the starting lineup in 2011 as a sophomore.

MacPherson really needs to add some bulk for the NFL. Helping him to appeal to scouts is his long-snapping ability. Even if the senior can add weight, he only really projects to a zone-blocking scheme.

Personal: Geography major. Son of Maureen MacPherson. Grandson of former Syracuse head coach and College Football Hall of Fame inductee Dick MacPherson.

Go Orange

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators seeing the cream rise to the top:
Go Orange
Hell yes R&G!
Have you noticed that we are the only two who can really recognize talent when we see it? It's baffling really.
images

Alan

Legend
jsimcox missing an important skill:
I thought they needed a long snapper... :sneaky:
Say no more jsim, Macky's your man. Take another look at my post about him and you'll see that this guy isn't just an awesome center.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Say no more jsim, Macky's your man. Take another look at my post about him and you'll see that this guy isn't just an awesome center.
That's the kind of versatility that causes prospects to rocket up draft boards! Macky MacPherson; First round pick. You heard it here first people!

Alan

Legend
^^^ this!
Exactly why Dallas should get him now before he's gone.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
^^^ this!
Exactly why Dallas should get him now before he's gone.
Yeah, they could trial the newest fad, the '5 centre offensive line'. Basically, you take your offensive line, and fill up all of the spots with Centres.
A stroke of genius really, all the rage in Japan...