Rocky Mountain Oyster Fest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Welp. We're doing the Rocky Mountain Oyster Fest again in Virginia City March 11th. If any of you are in the area, come have a ball with us.

We're team Pho-Q. We'll be serving up a spicy Pho with all the fixings.

And remember... It's the original sack lunch.

FB_IMG_1676587106945.jpg
IMG_5565.jpg
IMG_5569.jpg
IMG_5570.jpg
IMG_5571.jpg
IMG_5572.jpg
IMG_5573.jpg
IMG_20210310_095610016.jpg
IMG_20210310_095712758.jpg
3A936EDE-2E68-410F-A669-0D2B0EE182E4.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So, is that how the 'Bucket of Blood' Saloon got it's name ?.

Look Up Prom Queen GIF by sarahmaes

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You know, I'd probably go for try the balls, if I had the money to buy plane tickets. Sadly, I do not. :(

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welp. We're doing the Rocky Mountain Oyster Fest again in Virginia City March 11th. If any of you are in the area, come have a ball with us.

We're team Pho-Q. We'll be serving up a spicy Pho with all the fixings.

And remember... It's the original sack lunch.

View attachment 58847View attachment 58848View attachment 58849View attachment 58850View attachment 58851View attachment 58852View attachment 58853View attachment 58854View attachment 58855View attachment 58856
"Who's that pretty lady next to the old dude?" ~ @Merlin

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, is that how the 'Bucket of Blood' Saloon got it's name ?.

Look Up Prom Queen GIF by sarahmaes
Ha! No. It was what you might expect though. VC was a pretty no holds barred town back in the day. Come to think of it... It still is. Fun place.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Ha! No. It was what you might expect though. VC was a pretty no holds barred town back in the day. Come to think of it... It still is. Fun place.

I was just kidding, I've been there on more than a few occasions. I've always enjoyed Virginia City and damn near purchased a few acres outside of Minden. Lake Tahoe was a vacation destiny every few years a couple decades ago.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. The top picture is what they look like when we get them. After Becky peels them (I just can't do it) and I slice them and marinate them, they look and taste like a spicy, sliced Asian meatball. Add some broth, noodles, basil, bean sprouts, lime, a little sriracha, and you have an award winning snack.

I know. Now you're going to run out and buy you some balls so you can try it. Come on...don't deny it. :biggrin:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yep. The top picture is what they look like when we get them. After Becky peels them (I just can't do it) and I slice them and marinate them, they look and taste like a spicy, sliced Asian meatball. Add some broth, noodles, basil, bean sprouts, lime, a little sriracha, and you have an award winning snack.

I know. Now you're going to run out and buy you some balls so you can try it. Come on...don't deny it. :biggrin:

I love that you guys do this. You even win trophies so there's no doubt that yours are some of the best ever.

However...

Even though I have been eating what most people would never even try since I was very young, there is just no way in hell that I could knowingly eat some ball. That is a line that my brain will not allow me to cross.

This has more than likely been used/done in these contests... but just in case it has somehow been overlooked... have any of the entries in the past used TEABAG or TEABAGGED in their creations? LOL

Your creativity in your setup was fucking killer though. I don't know if it can be topped. But knowing how many copycats turn up at these kind of competitions... I would expect to see some plagiarism and stealing from your past genius.

I hope you guys win again! Looks like a hell of a great time no matter what though. Well, except for eating ball that is.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I love that you guys do this. You even win trophies so there's no doubt that yours are some of the best ever.

However...

Even though I have been eating what most people would never even try since I was very young, there is just no way in hell that I could knowingly eat some ball. That is a line that my brain will not allow me to cross.

This has more than likely been used/done in these contests... but just in case it has somehow been overlooked... have any of the entries in the past used TEABAG or TEABAGGED in their creations? LOL

Your creativity in your setup was fucking killer though. I don't know if it can be topped. But knowing how many copycats turn up at these kind of competitions... I would expect to see some plagiarism and stealing from your past genius.

I hope you guys win again! Looks like a hell of a great time no matter what though. Well, except for eating ball that is.
Not sure if anyone has used Tea bag at any of these competitions. I'll keep an eye out.

I have a kilt for the event as it's St Patty's day weekend. I bought one for Becky but she says it's too short to work in. :laugh4:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Man, I was eating lunch at my desk, I had a salad with chicken when I came across this post and could hardly stomach the rest of the chicken.

How do you eat that? :sick2:

Hell-if-I-know

Ask Stu !!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I'd definitely eat it...except for the noodles. I just can't do pasta. It doesn't matter the kind; it's something that I throw up, even if I unknowingly ingest it.