Robert Quinn: "This is my new home"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
A healthy Quinn is the difference from a good pass rush and a great one. Also his ability to strip the ball is phenomenal. He's my favorite player on the team and I love everyone on the squad, even practice squad guys.

Ram65

Legend
Robert stepping up the talking for Chris and JL. Hope he gets back to stepping up the sacks. He was missed last year. Good health my man.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We played a large part of last season without Quinn and Ogletree.

Look out. Those 2 will be pro bowlers next year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We played a large part of last season without Quinn and Ogletree.

Look out. Those 2 will be pro bowlers next year.

it makes your mouth water doesn't it?

although you still worry that quinn will be 100% and the tree can handle the mike duties.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If we get Quinn at 100% this season - our D will be truly feared. Quinn AND Donald in the d-line is just so much to handle :mrburnsevil:

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Two years ago, when Quinn broke the team record for sacks, he was frightening. He was up there with JJ Watt in terms of his ability to change the course of a game single handedly. There were times when he was unstoppable and I was sat there expecting him to get to the QB and make the sack or strip sack on every single play.

If he can get back close to that level, then watch out!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How can you not help but pull for a person like Rob? Too me this back injury & surgery to Rob Quinn & his full recovery is HUGE to this upcoming seasons success. I am a big Robert Quinn fan.We Rob is 100% healthy this defense could be the best pass rushing DL in the NFL. Without him we are middle of the pack even with Aaron Donald.

I see some evidence that Fisher might have the DL help early to slowly ease Rob back into his starting role. The UFA signings of DE's Hayes/Coples/Sims/Hodges to go with DE's Longacre & Westbrook give the Rams a large size contingent of so-so edge DL's to take any pressure off the pressing of Rob back into action when he is not ready. Quinn sure looks much differently presently in body than years past...Quinn looks smaller & much softer. I sure would love to get a few of those new T-shirts he had on....

We saw that while Eugene Sims is a good back @ RDE for Rob but Sims is far from being a Rob in the pass rush area. Without a healthy Rob we are in trouble in the pass rushing area defensively. The other DE is lacking a better than average pass rusher too but Hayes is outstanding against holding the edge & in his run support. We have no ideal what we will see from Quinton Coples as far as adding the pass rush skills to our DL edges. Entering his 5th season & now on his 3rd team tells us there is something lacking in his game & most of It has been in the pass rush.

If Quinn does not return to pre 2015 form then some suggestion may be consider using SSLB'er Akeem Ayers more often in pass rushing instead of standing on the sideline most of the time. Ayers was used regularly by the NE Pats in their championship 2014 season from the edge & Ayers can bring the presser from the right side. I know one thing that might help is drafting & taking a chance on Edge rusher Alex McCalister form UF late day three of the draft its a major gamble but that's the game the Rams have been playing now since the big draft trade too late to change now.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
The return of The Mighty One to 100% status will cement this defense as an offensive graveyard. TJ Mac, 'Tree, and Barron have the secondary and middle levels covered as the respective Sheriffs of their levels. Aaron and The Mighty One will rampage at the front level with help from help from William Hayes while The Incredible Brock sucks up multiple blockers, allowing his line-mates to do their thing. Quinn shows off the best sack celebrations I have ever seen too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Love the dude. I sure hope that he can get and stay healthy.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I want to see the league step up the calls against the LTs in the league strangling him. I honestly feel his back problems have come from them letting the tackles choke him down and put extra pressure on his back when he gets that low angle. I know they won't call it every play but 2 or 3 a game could easily be called until they knock it off. All the player safety lip service means nothing if they pick and choose when to protect players.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I want to see the league step up the calls against the LTs in the league strangling him. I honestly feel his back problems have come from them letting the tackles choke him down and put extra pressure on his back when he gets that low angle. I know they won't call it every play but 2 or 3 a game could easily be called until they knock it off. All the player safety lip service means nothing if they pick and choose when to protect players.

If the Rams Org are smart they will get with GRob to review the NFL certified approved way to hold a right DE each & every play. This took place for years on Rob Quinn. The same ref that permits the upper center neck inside holds of Rob is the same ref will have to do the same with GRob. So get GRob all that film and get him to review & replicate it completely. At least Rob Quinn can show GRob how to hold legally. But it won't help Rob Quinn.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm not sure he will be 100% this year but even 80% or 90% would be enough to make a big difference.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
IF Quinton Coples ever lives up to his "potential" ....this DLine is going to be scary good. QC was never used right in his previous stops. He is a pure "hand in the ground" DE ... not a stand up OLB. and with his size, he can hold up the RDE position on running plays. I thin GW is going to figure out the best way to get him going. He and Quin as bookends .... YEOW

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Shouldn't this be in blue font?
One of the highest paid players on the team.
His contract is due sooner than we think. Team guy and very hard to replace drafting at tail end of 1st.
You will understand the blue font.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
His contract is due sooner than we think. Team guy and very hard to replace drafting at tail end of 1st.
You will understand the blue font.
He's signed until 2020, and he will approaching 30. There will be other priorities long before paying Quinn a second time. I love the guy, but we're going to need to pay other men first.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
He's signed until 2020, and he will approaching 30. There will be other priorities long before paying Quinn a second time. I love the guy, but we're going to need to pay other men first.
Pay the man: Rams have extra cap dollars leftover even after paying the rookie class, more when they sign Tru long term and rid the team of a QB and maybe another player or two. There's no FA's left that can't be had for vet min. (Cheap)
Quinn is the perfect guy to have his contract redone to pay him more now and next year guaranteed to free as much cap space as possible for the future when they extend Donald, GRob Ogletree etc.