River's Trade Ramsey Mock ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This one might be harder to follow than some previously because of the aspects of a Ramsey trade.
Ramsey and the Rams 2024 4'th round draft pick go to the NYG's for their 1'st (#25) and both their late 3'rd's (#89 & 100).
I still have Higbee being dealt for a 4'th and Van Jefferson for a 5'th. Try not to take this mock too seriously, it's all just for fun ..., but hey, this time we get to keep both our 2024 & 2025 1'st round draft picks.
After trades and trade downs our draft will appear as so ...

#1) 0
#2) 2
#3) 4
#4) 1
#5) 3
#6) 4
#7) 2

With the Ramsey 1'st round pick, I trade it down for a 2'nd & two late 3'rd's.
And Two new Centers, ... WTF is with that ?

2023 Draft :

1 - Ramsey trade & trade down for extra 2’nd & two 3’rd’s

2a - C John Michael-Schmitz, Mi.
2b - Edge Andre Carter, Army (Ramsey trade down)
3a - TE Luke Musgrave, Or. St.
3b - DL Adetomiwa Adebawawore, N.W. (1’st round trade down)
3c - S Sydney Brown, Il. (Ramsey 3’rd rd. trade A)
3d - CB Darius Rush, S.C. (Ramsey 3’rd rd. trade B)
4 - OT Zion Nelson, Mi. (Higbee trade)
5a - RB Roshon Johnson, Tx. (Van Jefferson trade)
5b - Edge Ochaun Mathis, Ne. (Comp)
5c - WR Trey Palmer, Ne. (Comp)
6a - OG/C Ricky Stromberg, Ark.
6b - CB Cameron Brown, Oh.St.
6c - S DeMarcco Hellams, Al.
6d - K Jake Moody, Mi. (Comp)
7a - ILB Aubrey Miller Jr., J.S.U.
7b - OT Dalton Wagner, Ark. (Comp)

Rams will Re-sign :

DT Greg Gaines
CB Grant Haley
WR/R Brandon Powell
P Riley Dixon
LS Matt Orzech

Returning RFA’s & ERFA’s :

Marquise Copeland - ERFA
Christian Rozeboom - ERFA
Travin Howard - ERFA
Michael Hoecht - ERFA
Bryce Perkins - ERFA
Shaun Jolly - ERFA
John Wolford - RFA

Returning roster & Practice Squad players :

WR Jacob Harris
WR Austin Trammell
RB Ronnie Rivers
TE/FB Roger Carter
OLB Kier Thomas
OLB Brayden Thomas
DE TJ Carter
DE Earnest Brown IV
TE Jared Pinkney
OL Chandler Brewer
OL Ty Nsekhe
OL Matt Skura
OG Okay Oboushi
OT Max Pircher

Rams Players lost to Free Agency :

K - Matt Gay
DT - A’Shawn Robinson
CB Troy Hill
OT/OG - David Edwards
S - Nick Scott
S - Taylor Rapp
CB - David Long
RB - Malcolm Brown
C - Coleman Shelton

Rams CAP Casualty :

C - Brian Allen

Trades :

Ramsey + the Rams 2024 4’th round draft pick for NYG’s 2023 1’st (#25) and both late 3’rd round picks (#89 & #100)
Higbee for a 4'th
Van Jefferson for a 5'th

4 Free Agent acquisitions :

OG - Dalton Risner
RB - D’Ernest Johnson
ILB - Devin Bush
WR - OBj
QB - Yet to be named

Offensive Line (9) :

LT) Jackson, Nsehke, Zion Nelson*, (Noteboom upon return)
LG) Dalton Risner**, Anchrum
C) John Michael-Schmitz*, Stromberg*
RG) Bruss, Anchrum
RT) Havenstein, Zion Nelson*

RB's (4) :

Cam Akers
Kyren Williams
Rashon Johnson*
D’Ernest Johnson**

WR's (6) :

Cooper Kupp
Allen Robinson
OBj**
Ben Skowronek
Tutu Atwell
Brandon Powell

TE's (4) :

Brycen Hopkins
Luke Musgrave*
Roger Carter
Jared Pinkney

Defense (25) :

Defensive Line (5) :

Aaron Donald
Greg Gaines
Bobby Brown
Adetomiwa Adebawawore*
Marquise Copeland

OLB (5) :

Leonard Floyd
Andre Carter*
Mike Hoecht
Daniel Hardy
Ochaun Mathis*

ILB (4) :

Ernest Jones
Jake Hummel
Travin Howard
Devin Bush**

CB (6) :

Robert Rochelle
Cobie Durant
Darius Rush*
Grant Haley
Derion Kendrick
Cameron Brown*

Safety (5) :

Jordan Fuller
Sydney Brown*
Quintin Lake
Russ Yeast
DeMarco Hellams*

Special Teams (3)

K - Jake Moody*
P - Riley Dixon
LS - Mathew Orzech

* signifies rookie
** signifies veteran trade or free agent

See you at the 2023 Super Bowl

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
UDFA's :

WR - Puka Nacua, BYU.
TE - Noah Gindorff, N.D.St.
CB - Darrell Luter Jr., S.A.
DL - Jacob Slade, Mi.St.
P - Michael Turk, Ok.
OG - Brandon Kipper, Or St.
QB - Tim DeMorat, Fordham

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
River;

First off, I’m a big fan of your efforts when it comes to these mocks. Having said that:

Trades: Let’s assume the Rams can get those deals. I just don’t think the Rams need to have so many picks in one year. I would rather defer one or more of the Ramsey picks to ‘24 when they would usually be a round higher. Those picks could be used to acquire proven talent via trade.
Quite frankly, YOUR drafts look better than what he has done—and you and I don’t always agree!
Where Snead has excelled without equal is trading for the right pieces. The finishing touches. Hell, the Rams won a SB despite all of those shitty drafts the last 3-4 years.

Re-signing vs letting walk:
I’m not keeping the punter over the kicker. Johnny Hekker is the only punter I can recall being the direct cause for victory in several games—that role is usually reserved for the kicker. I wouldn’t mind taking another look at McCutcheon. I didn’t see him on your roster. PS at least?

The actual draft: I have absolutely no problem with taking an edge in the 2nd. I just would not like it to be carter. I sure hope musgrave is there in the 3rd. I’m beginning to think if the Rams want him…
The Rams grab jms to take over at Center I’m a happy guy. Doubling up though is not a bad idea in your plan. Kudos.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
River;

First off, I’m a big fan of your efforts when it comes to these mocks. Having said that:

Trades: Let’s assume the Rams can get those deals. I just don’t think the Rams need to have so many picks in one year. I would rather defer one or more of the Ramsey picks to ‘24 when they would usually be a round higher. Those picks could be used to acquire proven talent via trade.
Quite frankly, YOUR drafts look better than what he has done—and you and I don’t always agree!
Where Snead has excelled without equal is trading for the right pieces. The finishing touches. Hell, the Rams won a SB despite all of those shitty drafts the last 3-4 years.

Re-signing vs letting walk:
I’m not keeping the punter over the kicker. Johnny Hekker is the only punter I can recall being the direct cause for victory in several games—that role is usually reserved for the kicker. I wouldn’t mind taking another look at McCutcheon. I didn’t see him on your roster. PS at least?

The actual draft: I have absolutely no problem with taking an edge in the 2nd. I just would not like it to be carter. I sure hope musgrave is there in the 3rd. I’m beginning to think if the Rams want him…
The Rams grab jms to take over at Center I’m a happy guy. Doubling up though is not a bad idea in your plan. Kudos.

After reading some of today's media driven comments on Rams trades (Ramsey, Floyd, Robinson), I'm starting to see that the Rams are going to blow things up over the next two seasons. I still think Stafford & Kupp will be safe for awhile, but Donald, Havenstein, Noteboom, Allen, Van Jeff, Akers, Higbee & Hopkins will likely leave due to retirement, trades or being lost to free agency at the end of this 2023 season.
My heavy emphasis on this years draft is also to try and stay ahead of that curve, to get as many new players some valuable experience & coaching as we can during this transition.
McCutcheon, like a few others, I would have them return, some weren't mentioned because they remain under contract, others I may have just overlooked. We need 90 guys in camp and it appears our team will be getting younger as we shed older contracted players, several newer faces are likely to get attention.
I doubled up at pivot because JM-S has never played any position outside of Center in college, and Stromberg could be our back-up Center and more of an interior swingman, perhaps a better version of Shelton. Releasing both Allen & Shelton also frees up more CAP.
Why don't you like Andre Carter as a late round 2 Edge ?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, this mock went belly-up 24 hours after it was posted, just as soon as the media inspired rumors about Ramsey, Floyd & Robinson being traded or becoming CAP Casualties went into full effect.
If the Rams draft is now looking to go head-on into fixing offensive flaws while sacrificing some defense, then other than an Edge Rusher which might be traded for or drafted, I suspect we'll be placing a higher emphasis on the OL, TE, RB and higher quality back-up QB, likely another WR too. Van Jefferson & Higbee will probably stick as they ride the final year of their fairly inexpensive contracts. So as this mock quickly became obsolete, our 2023 season also becomes more interesting, less predictable, and in my case, rather more unfathomable.