River's Post Super Bowl Mock ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
OK, I had to readjust my mock due to the injury to OBj, sorry for any confusion, ... also, as you might expect there's been a lot of movement among players since the Senior Bowl. If you are wondering about the draft picks, I'm trading Johnny Hekker & Taylor Rapp to increase the overall number beyond just our regular & compensation draft picks we will receive. Snead should hopefully have the flexibility to add or move up/down during this draft. OBj begins the season on IR.
Lost to free agency are Darious Williams, Austin Corbett, Sony Michel, Johnny Mundt, OBO Okoronkwo, & SJD.
The Rams will re-sign Von Miller, Brian Allen, Joe Noteboom as well as retain all our RFA's/ERFA's.
The Rams one premium outside free agency acquisition is TE David Njoku.

2022 Rams Draft :

1) N/A
2) N/A
3a) OG - Jamaree Salyer, Ga.
3b) OG - Tyler Smith, Tulsa
4a) CB - Coby Bryant, Cn
4b) S - Bryan Cook, Cn.
5a) RB - Abram Smith, B.U.
5b) ILB - Jack Sanborn, Wi.
6) S - Nick Cross, Md
7) P - Michael Turk, OK

UDFA1) P/K Returner - Velus Jones, Tn
UDFA2) RB - Tyler Allgeier, BYU
UDFA3) CB - Kyler McMichael, N.C.

My MOCK all 53 2022 Rams Depth Chart :

OFFENSE (25) :

QB (2)

Stafford
Perkins

OL (9)

LT - Noteboom, A. Jackson
LG - Shelton, Edwards
C - Allen, Shelton
RG - Jamaree Salyer, Ga.*, Tyler Smith, Tu.*
RT - Havenstein, Edwards

RB's (4)

RB1 - Akers
RB2 - Henderson
RB3 - Abram Smith, B.U.*
RB4 - Tyler Allgeier, BYU*

WR's (6)

WR1 - Kupp
WR2 - Woods
WR3 - Jefferson
WR4 - Harris or Skowronek
WR5 - Skowronek or Harris
WR6 - Atwell

TE's (4)

TE1 - Higbee
TE2 - David Njoku**
TE3 - Hopkins
TE4 - Blanton

DEFENSE (24) :

DL (5)

DT1 - Donald
DT2 - Gaines
DT3 - Robinson
DT4 - B. Brown
DE1 - Copeland

OLB (5)

Von Miller
Floyd
Hollins
Lewis
Garrett

ILB (4)

Howard
E. Jones
Reeder
Jack Sanborn, Wi.*

CB's (5)

Ramsey
Rochell
Long
Coby Bryant, Cn.*
Kareem Orr

Safety (5)

Fuller
Burgess
Scott
Bryan Cook, Cn.*
Nick Cross, Md.*

SPECIAL TEAMS (4)

K - Gay
P - Michael Turk, OK*
LS - Orzech
P/K Returner - Powell or Velus Jones, Tn*

* denotes newly drafted or UDFA additions.
** denotes our only outside free agent acquisition.

jmo.

OK, let me have it ... who am I forgetting or where did I F-up ?

Last edited:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Looks really good to me dude. well done. Then again, I’m on freaking cloud 9 right now with no plans on coming down for awhile.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only other change I might make at this time would be to add another WR in free agency. McSnead made an unexpected acquisition early last season to bolster the Kupp/Woods/Jefferson starting trio with DeSean Jackson, so I wouldn't be all that surprised to see them add another veteran to the group. For a few years I've had my eyes on DJ Chark and Zay Jones, both young players drafted in the 2'nd round. Chark is coming off IR from a broken ankle, and he may still be out of our price range, Jones might be a little more realistic, although they should both add a positive note to our WR room. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could like this! Don't know much yet about a lot of the players but those are some good positions to address.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
OK, I had to readjust my mock due to the injury to OBj, sorry for any confusion, ... also, as you might expect there's been a lot of movement among players since the Senior Bowl. If you are wondering about the draft picks, I'm trading Johnny Hekker & Taylor Rapp to increase the overall number beyond just our regular & compensation draft picks we will receive. Snead should hopefully have the flexibility to add or move up/down during this draft. OBj begins the season on IR.
Lost to free agency are Darious Williams, Austin Corbett, Sony Michel, Johnny Mundt, OBO Okoronkwo, & SJD.
The Rams will re-sign Von Miller, Brian Allen, Joe Noteboom as well as retain all our RFA's/ERFA's.
The Rams one premium outside free agency acquisition is TE David Njoku.

2022 Rams Draft :

1) N/A
2) N/A
3a) OG - Jamaree Salyer, Ga.
3b) OG - Tyler Smith, Tulsa
4a) CB - Coby Bryant, Cn
4b) S - Bryan Cook, Cn.
5a) RB - Abram Smith, B.U.
6) S - Nick Cross, Md
7) P - Michael Turk, OK

UDFA2) RB - Tyler Allgeier, BYU
UDFA3) CB - Kyler McMichael, N.C.

My MOCK all 53 2022 Rams Depth Chart :

OFFENSE (25) :

QB (2)

Stafford
Perkins

OL (9)

LT - Noteboom, A. Jackson
LG - Shelton, Edwards
C - Allen, Shelton
RG - Jamaree Salyer, Ga.*, Tyler Smith, Tu.*
RT - Havenstein, Edwards

RB's (4)

RB1 - Akers
RB2 - Henderson
RB3 - Abram Smith, B.U.*
RB4 - Tyler Allgeier, BYU*

WR's (6)

WR1 - Kupp
WR2 - Woods
WR3 - Jefferson
WR4 - Harris or Skowronek
WR5 - Skowronek or Harris
WR6 - Atwell

TE's (4)

TE1 - Higbee
TE2 - David Njoku**
TE3 - Hopkins
TE4 - Blanton

DEFENSE (24) :

DL (5)

DT1 - Donald
DT2 - Gaines
DT3 - Robinson
DT4 - B. Brown
DE1 - Copeland

OLB (5)

Von Miller
Floyd
Hollins
Lewis
Garrett

ILB (4)

Howard
E. Jones
Reeder
Jack Sanborn, Wi.*

CB's (5)

Ramsey
Rochell
Long
Coby Bryant, Cn.*
Kareem Orr

Safety (5)

Fuller
Burgess
Scott
Bryan Cook, Cn.*
Nick Cross, Md.*

SPECIAL TEAMS (4)

K - Gay
P - Michael Turk, OK*
LS - Orzech
P/K Returner - Powell or Velus Jones, Tn*

* denotes newly drafted or UDFA additions.
** denotes our only outside free agent acquisition.

jmo.

OK, let me have it ... who am I forgetting or where did I F-up ?
Not sure where your getting an extra 3 & 4, but it you think its from trading Rapp & Hekker, that's wishful thinking.

As for picks, i could see another WR when you consider how thin it got in the Super Bowl or maybe a cheap vet FA chasing a ring?

At RB, I wanted a big back all yr, but now starting to think we need speed in the backfield too. We couldn't press the outside edge in the playoffs. Akers was not fast enough and it bogged down the running game.

And yes, hammer OL depth and secondary depth. That's about it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly think that Tyler Allegeier and Velus Jones get drafted, and Allegeier could go as high as the fifth round.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not sure where your getting an extra 3 & 4, but it you think its from trading Rapp & Hekker, that's wishful thinking.

As for picks, i could see another WR when you consider how thin it got in the Super Bowl or maybe a cheap vet FA chasing a ring?

At RB, I wanted a big back all yr, but now starting to think we need speed in the backfield too. We couldn't press the outside edge in the playoffs. Akers was not fast enough and it bogged down the running game.

And yes, hammer OL depth and secondary depth. That's about it.

As I'm sure you are already aware, the Rams are currently estimated to have 8 draft picks for 2022, I've added two more by way of trading Hekker & Rapp for a new total of 10. Now, I'm not expecting the trades to be for high picks, but considering the amount of and where we draft, I don't think it unlikely that Les Snead will have the wherewithal to move up into draft rounds by further trading multiple lower round picks.

What are the Rams picks?​

• Round 3, The compensatory pick for losing Brad Holmes.
  • Round 4, Comp for losing John Johnson.
  • Round 5, LA’s original.
  • Round 6, Three picks for losing Samson Ebukam, Gerald Everett, and Troy Hill
  • Round 7, Two picks, the Rams original and their return from the 2019 Aquib Talib trade.
The compensatory picks will not be official until decided and announced by the NFL. But both Lance Zierlein at NFL.com and the staff at OvertheCap.com have projected the same choices.

So I've added two more draft picks by moving Hekker & Rapp, I'll let you decide what you think we might get for them, but even if they are two more 6'th round picks, that would give Snead two 7'th round picks & five 6'th round picks in total, and that should give Snead the ammunition to move up somewhat in the earlier rounds. As it is in my mock, only one 6'th and one 7'th are saved at their original slot.

Your question about adding a WR thru the draft has been previously answered as an addendum post where a moderate to inexpensive free agent (Zay Jones or DJ Chark) is added rather than a draft pick.
jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Honestly think that Tyler Allegeier and Velus Jones get drafted, and Allegeier could go as high as the fifth round.

Anything is possible, especially pre-Combine, but the previous consensus to the 2021 draft also had Alaric Jackson projected as a 5'th round prospect, and as you know we grabbed him as a UDFA.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As I'm sure you are already aware, the Rams are currently estimated to have 8 draft picks for 2022, I've added two more by way of trading Hekker & Rapp for a new total of 10. Now, I'm not expecting the trades to be for high picks, but considering the amount of and where we draft, I don't think it unlikely that Les Snead will have the wherewithal to move up into draft rounds by further trading multiple lower round picks.

• Round 7, Two picks, the Rams original and their return from the 2019 Aquib Talib trade.
The compensatory picks will not be official until decided and announced by the NFL. But both Lance Zierlein at NFL.com and the staff at OvertheCap.com have projected the same choices.

So I've added two more draft picks by moving Hekker & Rapp, I'll let you decide what you think we might get for them, but even if they are two more 6'th round picks, that would give Snead two 7'th round picks & five 6'th round picks in total, and that should give Snead the ammunition to move up somewhat in the earlier rounds. As it is in my mock, only one 6'th and one 7'th are saved at their original slot.

Your question about adding a WR thru the draft has been previously answered as an addendum post where a moderate to inexpensive free agent (Zay Jones or DJ Chark) is added rather than a draft pick.
jmo.
Will be tough to get into the 3rd for an extra 3, maybe you could get late 4's by packaging 5&6's... But that's for one additional 4th.

And not sure two late comp 6's gets you a 4 and also not sure you should trade three 6's for a 4. Better chance of hitting on one of 6's instead of putting it all on a late 4.

And remember, the extra 6's they currently have are all comp picks, meaning they are like early 7ths. Same with the comp 4.

Best case would be if Rapp gets you a decent 5th rd pick then you could maybe get a late 3 or early 4. But again that's with using your current comp 4 to move up.

As you know our comp picks are end of those rounds so a comp 4 doesn't have the trade value of a typical mid round 4.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

jmo.
I could see them hammering the draft in the 4-6 range.

They may use their 3rd to move back to early 4th like last yr to pick up an additional late 4 or early 5, then maybe move back up into the late 4 with the use of a 5th and 6th. Then package a comp 6 & 7 for a late 5th or early 6th.

They will move based on how the board falls, targeting their guys.

So it could turn out like this after a bunch of moves...and probably another pick because they will be moving up and down, creating picks.

Early 4 (Trade down from 3)
Mid 4 (Trade up 5 & 6)
Late 4 (Trade down from 3)
Early 5 (Rapp pick)
Early 5 (Trade up 6 & 6)
Late 5 (Trade up 6 & 7)
Mid 6 (Trade up 7 & 7)
Mid 7 (Hekker Trade)

Also not sure they would get any picks for Hekker at his age and drop in performance.

Another name that could be traded is Lewis...if Miller is back. Might as well get something for him at this point with Miller back and Garrett in the wings.

Might get a team to give you a high 5th to take a shot with him.

And the most controversial move, that has been discussed before, could be a Havenstein trade. The Bengals & Zac Taylor would give up a decent pick for him.

And while he has played well, you have to give up something to get something and he might get you a 3rd and a late pick and clears cap room.

They currently have multiple OTs on the roster, assuming they re-sign Noteboom. If...IF they feel Edwards could play RT, it allows you to upgrade the OG position with a power player who is yet to be determined, while moving Edwards to his natural position. And easier to find a natural OG whether its a guy on the roster or a vet FA or draft.

BTW, I could see the Bengals going after Noteboom hard if he hits FA.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Obviously Snead will have to be creative, but he's proven to be just that.
I agree that Havenstein would bring the most trade value in this scenario, which is another contract year for him, and I wouldn't be against it as not only would he attract a decent draft pick, but he also opens up some CAP space. I don't only see David Edwards vying for the position, but Alaric Jackson and even Max Pircher should enter the conversation. The idea of changing out both OT's and an IOLineman is unsettling, but if management feels we have have the personnel, draft picks or free agency to accomplish the goal, then who am I to argue it ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, is this kid really a 5th rounder? Admittedly I'm only familiar with him from the few Wisco games I watched, and I'm not the draftnik that guys like you are, but this kid was a beast when I saw him play against, ND, Michigan and Rutgers
Would love to see him in horns. Love the rest of it, particularly the TE pickup :)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wow, is this kid really a 5th rounder? Admittedly I'm only familiar with him from the few Wisco games I watched, and I'm not the draftnik that guys like you are, but this kid was a beast when I saw him play against, ND, Michigan and Rutgers
Would love to see him in horns. Love the rest of it, particularly the TE pickup :)

I've seen him graded anywhere between the 6'th and 3'rd round, although I haven't seen much movement on him since the Senior Bowl. I've got him in the late 5'th only because I wanted to find a spot for him someplace relevant in my mock, and while I've already accepted a sequence change for some of my picks, I like all these guys a lot and likely won't post any changes until after the upcoming Combine. What we really need is more draft picks as this looks to be a very solid class.
jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Will be tough to get into the 3rd for an extra 3, maybe you could get late 4's by packaging 5&6's... But that's for one additional 4th.

And not sure two late comp 6's gets you a 4 and also not sure you should trade three 6's for a 4. Better chance of hitting on one of 6's instead of putting it all on a late 4.

And remember, the extra 6's they currently have are all comp picks, meaning they are like early 7ths. Same with the comp 4.

Best case would be if Rapp gets you a decent 5th rd pick then you could maybe get a late 3 or early 4. But again that's with using your current comp 4 to move up.

As you know our comp picks are end of those rounds so a comp 4 doesn't have the trade value of a typical mid round 4.

To get closer to your theories I'd likely just cut out my 3b draft pick (Tyler Smith) as he may have to become the one over the line as two successive OG's is probably not going to happen anyway. We'd still have to move up in the 3'rd round to secure Georgia OG Jamaree Salyer though.
jmo.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Obviously Snead will have to be creative, but he's proven to be just that.
I agree that Havenstein would bring the most trade value in this scenario, which is another contract year for him, and I wouldn't be against it as not only would he attract a decent draft pick, but he also opens up some CAP space. I don't only see David Edwards vying for the position, but Alaric Jackson and even Max Pircher should enter the conversation. The idea of changing out both OT's and an IOLineman is unsettling, but if management feels we have have the personnel, draft picks or free agency to accomplish the goal, then who am I to argue it ?
Yeah, both OTs being replaced is not ideal, and I wouldn't do it unless they re-sign Notebook first and only if they were very confident in Edwards or Jackson being able to excel there and Anchrum or someone else being able to compete at OG with maybe a rookie.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With only 8 days remaining before the beginning of Combine week, rather than create a new mock at this time, I will offer a final adjustment to the above mock draft. As mentioned earlier, the Rams will trade Rapp & Hekker for a couple additional lower round draft picks and Les Snead will use them and others to move up several slots during the draft. I will present an updated mock following the Combine.

1) N/A
2) N/A
3) OG - Jamaree Salyer, Ga.
4a) CB - Coby Bryant, Cn
4b) S - Bryan Cook, Cn.
5a) RB - Abram Smith, B.U. or ... RB - Tyler Allgeier, BYU
6) S - Nick Cross, Md
7) P - Michael Turk, OK

UDFA2) CB - Kyler McMichael, N.C.
UDFA3) C - Chris Owens, Al.
UDFA4) OT - Obinna Eze, TCU
UDFA5) QB - Aqeel Glass, Al. A&M

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Turk is returning to Oklahoma for 2022 so have to select another Punter and one that's a holder too IMO. I like Bailey Flint from Toledo, he's a team captain plus an Academic all American, big kid at 6-4 too so he seems to check all the boxes and he's very good at pinning the opposition inside the 20.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Turk is returning to Oklahoma for 2022 so have to select another Punter and one that's a holder too IMO. I like Bailey Flint from Toledo, he's a team captain plus an Academic all American, big kid at 6-4 too so he seems to check all the boxes and he's very good at pinning the opposition inside the 20.

I'm leaning towards Penn State's Jordan Stout at the moment.