River's Post Combine Mock ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'll keep this one short.

CAP Casualty Cuts :

Mark Barron
Tavon Austin

Rams Free Agency ($58mil. available) :

FS LaMarcus Joyner - Franchised (1 year, $11.287mil.)
CB Bashaud Breeland - (4 years, $30mil)
TE Tyler Eifert - (1 year 'prove-it', $3.5mil)
CB Nickell Robey-Coleman - (4 years, $24mil)
ILB Avery Williamson - (5 years, $35mil)
C John Sullivan - (2 years, $5.5mil)
LS Jake McQuaide - (3 years, $7.5mil)

Tender all RFA's, ERFA's) $5.5mil

Extend Aaron Donald (6years, $130.mil, $70.mil guaranteed

2018 Draft :

Trade (Rams #23 for NYJ #37 & 72) Even money with the Trade Value Chart)

#2.37 - OG/C Billy Price
#3.72 - OLB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
#3.87 - NT Derrick Nnadi
#4.111 - WR DJ Moore
#5.160 - RB Mark Walton
#6.183 - S Trayvon Henderson
#6.194 - OT/OG - Alex Cappa
#6.195 - OT/OG - Greg Senat

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good Draft, although I need to look more at RB Mark Walton, and ( although they are great picks!) I think you went heavier on Offense than the Rams will!! JMO!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think you went heavier on Offense than the Rams will!! JMO!

Could be, but with the odds stacked against us on the OL next year when free agency rolls around, I'd prefer to be at least partially prepared. Billy Price can cover all 3 interior positions, Cappa & Senat are developmental players which could (hopefully) cover us at both OT positions and OG. Walton gives us a real change of pace option behind Gurley while Moore brings some speed back at WR, although not meant to be a replacement for Watkins. Eifert will take some of the pressure off of Reynolds' transition to a starting role. While I also like Landry as a potential replacement for Quinn, since jrry picked him earlier, I tried to build this mock with him previously taken in he draft and unavailable here.

Here are the 53 roster players which I forgot to post earlier :

Offense (26) :

QB) Goff, Mannion
RB) Gurley, Brown, Walton
FB) Rogers
WR) Reynolds, Woods, Kupp, Cooper, Moore, Thomas
TE) Eifert, Everett, Higbee, Hemingway
LT) Whitworth, Lucas, Cappa
LG) Saffold, Blythe, Price
C) Sullivan, Price
RG) Brown, Price, Cappa
RT) Havenstein, Lucas, Senat

Defense (24) :

LDE) Brockers, Easley, Fox
NT) Nnadi, Westbrooks
RDE) Donald, Westbrooks, Fox
LOLB) Ebukam, Sickels
ILB) Williamson, Hager
ILB) Ogletree, Littleton, Lynch
ROLB) Okoronkwo, Longacre
FS) Joyner, Henderson
SS) John Johnson, Isaiah Johnson
CB) Peters, Breeland, Webster, Robey-Coleman, Hill

Special Teams (3)

K) Zuerlein
P) Hekker
LS) McQuaide

jmo.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I could get behind that draft @Riverumbbq. Moving down has a reasonable chance of happening, depending on which guy they covet at 23 and whether they get to them. And from there, if they do that, there's no telling who they go with.

I do like Price, just not at 23 in this particular draft. So I'm all for them doing that in the event they snap up a good OLB like that in round 3.

Wish you could have fit a young CB in there somewhere. Think that's a requirement and this draft has good options throughout.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I could get behind that draft @Riverumbbq. Moving down has a reasonable chance of happening, depending on which guy they covet at 23 and whether they get to them. And from there, if they do that, there's no telling who they go with.

I do like Price, just not at 23 in this particular draft. So I'm all for them doing that in the event they snap up a good OLB like that in round 3.

Wish you could have fit a young CB in there somewhere. Think that's a requirement and this draft has good options throughout.

No question that I would have loved to squeeze in a drafted CB in this deep class. Peters & Breeland should have no problems holding down the fort this season and I imagine we will replace Webster next year. Unfortunately, I had to make more concessions in his mock than I would have preferred. I'm guessing Norwell will now go to the Giants, and my previous WR of choice, DJ Chark, has likely moved up into the 2'nd round. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah wrt the receivers they'll probably be a little overdrafted. If I'm a team that covets a certain receiver, I'd go get him where I know he'll be there and not take chances. Same deal with OTs for that matter.

With the OTs I was thinking before that if the Rams do move down, then Miller (who I like a lot) would be available, but God knows wtf is going to happen now. I think making the assumption that the Rams aren't going to waste draft capital on overdrafting OT is a safe one right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't D.J. Moore considered to be a 1st/2nd round pick right now?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty good .dj Moore will be gone by mid second round though, imo

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Isn't D.J. Moore considered to be a 1st/2nd round pick right now?
Since the Combine i'm seeing him everywhere from the 2'nd to he 4'th, so this may be a problem. If Moore is gone, i'd seriously consider QB Luke Falk in the 4'th round since Mannion will be a free agent following this season. Instead of drafting a WR here, Hemmingway would become our 6'th WR and 4'th TE as near half his college snaps were at WR.

My favorite Rams 1'st round mock ...
https://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsite/MHMRoch/nfl/mock-draft/2018/