Riskiest draft moves for all 32 teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ota-vikings-ricky-williams-new-orleans-saints

The Cowboys passed on Randy Moss, while the Vikings scooped him up. The Saints traded their entire draft to move up to get Ricky Williams. The Packers gambled their first-round pick on a second-year QB by the name of Brett Favre. NFL Nation reporters detail the riskiest draft moves for every team.

Click the links after each team to view the full posts, or check out the full thread here.

i
Atlanta Falcons: Atlanta went all-in to trade up for wideout Julio Jones in 2011, and the move looks like a steal in hindsight. Read more.

i
Arizona Cardinals: The Cardinals took a chance on defensive back Tyrann Mathieu in the 2013 draft, and Mathieu has overcome his off-field issues. Read more.

i
Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens gambled on quarterback Kyle Boller in the first round of the 2003 draft, holding back the franchise for years. Read more.

i
Buffalo Bills: Trading up to draft a quarterback in the first round of the 2004 draft backfired for the Bills. Read more.

i
Carolina Panthers: The Panthers gave the Eagles three high picks in 2008 to move up to take offensive tackle Jeff Otah, but it didn't work out. Read more.

i
Chicago Bears: Chicago took a chance on offensive lineman Kyle Long in the first round of the 2013 draft, and Long has the potential to be a star. Read more.

i
Cincinnati Bengals: The Bengals traded down in the 2004 draft, missing out on top running back Steven Jackson. Read more.

i
Cleveland Browns: Cleveland passed on quarterbacks Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr to take Johnny Manziel in the first round in 2014. Read more.

i
Dallas Cowboys: The Cowboys passed on future star wideout Randy Moss in 1998, and Moss held a grudge against the team for his entire career. Read more.

i
Denver Broncos: The 2010 draft class featured three of the team's higher-risk picks, including Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas. Read more.

i
Detroit Lions: The Lions picked a wideout who had sat out the previous year ahead of pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware in 2005. Read more.

i
Green Bay Packers: Green Bay sent its first-round pick in 1992 to Atlanta for second-year quarterback Brett Favre, a big gamble at the time. Read more.

i
Houston Texans: With the first overall pick in 2006, the Texans picked big defender Mario Williams, who had an up-and-down tenure with the team. Read more.

i
Indianapolis Colts: Sending a first-round pick to the Browns for running back Trent Richardson backfired for Indianapolis. Read more.

i
Jacksonville Jaguars: Jacksonville's decision to trade up to pick wide receiver Justin Blackmon in 2012 failed. Read more.

i
Kansas City Chiefs: Kansas City took cornerback Marcus Peters in the first round of the 2015 draft, and he was named Defensive Rookie of the Year. Read more.

i
Los Angeles Rams: The Rams traded a future Hall of Famer to draft Lawrence Phillips, who lasted fewer than two full seasons with the team. Read more.

i
Miami Dolphins: In 2013, the Dolphins traded up to draft defensive end Dion Jordan, who hasn't performed on the field and has had off-field issues. Read more.

i
Minnesota Vikings: In 1998, Minnesota rolled the dice on troubled wide receiver Randy Moss, who went on to enjoy a stellar career. Read more.

i
New England Patriots: New England sent its first-round pick in the 2000 draft to the Jets in order to get coach Bill Belichick. Read more.

i
New Orleans Saints: The Saints traded their entire 1999 draft for running back Ricky Williams, a move that still stands as one of the most ridiculed in NFL history. Read more.

i
New York Giants: The Giants gave up a lot to get quarterback Eli Manning, but they have two Super Bowls to show for it. Read more.

i
New York Jets: In 2003, the Jets traded up to get defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson, who didn't come close to meeting expectations. Read more.

i
Oakland Raiders: In 2005, the Raiders moved up to draft a cornerback from Nebraska -- and passed on quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Read more.

i
Pittsburgh Steelers: In 2003, the Steelers picked Troy Polamalu in the middle of the first round, and the gamble set the tone for a playmaking defense for years to come. Read more.

i
Philadelphia Eagles: Fans booed the selection of Donovan McNabb at the 1999 draft, but he took the team to five NFC championship games in seven years. Read more.

i
San Diego Chargers: The Chargers' selection of quarterback Ryan Leaf at No. 2 in 1998 ended in Leaf being released after three poor seasons. Read more.

i
San Francisco 49ers: San Francisco drafted a wideout in the first round of the 2012 draft who never caught a pass for the team. Read more.

i
Seattle Seahawks: Seattle gave up three picks for playmaker Percy Harvin in 2013, but he didn't last long with the team. Read more.

i
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs made a disastrous trade for a quarterback that cost them the No. 2 pick in the 1992 draft. Read more.

i
Tennessee Titans: The then-Oilers made Kevin Dyson the top wide receiver taken in the 1998 draft -- over Randy Moss. Read more.

i
Washington Redskins: Washington's choice to trade up for quarterback Robert Griffin III hurt the franchise's future. Read more.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
New York Jet Fans should sue the New England Patriots for additional compensation for the Hoodwinked one in the Bay State!
belichickjpg-5ecf2eb41e600f6f.jpg