Risk vs. reward NFL draft prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
05:22 – Draft expert Mike Mayock reveals whether he'd take a chance on risk vs. reward prospects
like Georgia LB Jarvis Jones, BYU DE Ziggy Ansah and Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson.

[nfl]0ap2000000154709[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000154709/Risk-vs-reward-prospects" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap ... -prospects</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Couple of things from that video.

1. Honey Badger looks every bit as fluid as Jenkins did during his drills in camp last year. I mean they look almost identical in the way they move, pivot, change direction and run. If he's still around in the third, I can't see Fisher passing up on the *chance* to rehabilitate him. We could use another corner (though nickel corner isn't the more pressing need), and we could absolutely use a returner.

2. Jarvis Jones slipping because of his .40 time could also work in our favor. I know he's still got the medical thing that needs to be cleared up, but his tape is pretty awesome. He looks plenty explosive to me off the edge, but a 4.9 40 is scaring everyone away from him? Okay then. You go ahead and be scared. It would be really hard (I think) for Fisher to pass on him if he falls to 16. Almost impossible if he slips to 22.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
What caught my ear was towards the end of the video about Patterson. Mike Mayock, said that Patterson doesn't go in the first half of Round 1, but will drop into the 20's. If he's there at 16 I wouldn't mind taking him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Dude said:

1. Honey Badger looks every bit as fluid as Jenkins did during his drills in camp last year. I mean they look almost identical in the way they move, pivot, change direction and run. If he's still around in the third, I can't see Fisher passing up on the *chance* to rehabilitate him. We could use another corner (though nickel corner isn't the more pressing need), and we could absolutely use a returner.

2. Jarvis Jones slipping because of his .40 time could also work in our favor. I know he's still got the medical thing that needs to be cleared up, but his tape is pretty awesome. He looks plenty explosive to me off the edge, but a 4.9 40 is scaring everyone away from him? Okay then. You go ahead and be scared. It would be really hard (I think) for Fisher to pass on him if he falls to 16. Almost impossible if he slips to 22.

I have had the strongest feeling that Fish would draft the Badger. 3rd round sounds about right.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Dude said:

I see Mathieu slipping to the fifth round with all of the flaws he has. There's no way that a small (5'9"), slow (for a guy his size, he's really not fast at all) nickel cornerback with enough off-the-field issues to make Janoris Jenkins look like a choir boy should make it anywhere near the first three rounds, and there's even a chance that nobody takes him in the fourth round. If he's still there when we pick in the fifth, though, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
The Dude said:

I see Mathieu slipping to the fifth round with all of the flaws he has. There's no way that a small (5'9"), slow (for a guy his size, he's really not fast at all) nickel cornerback with enough off-the-field issues to make Janoris Jenkins look like a choir boy should make it anywhere near the first three rounds, and there's even a chance that nobody takes him in the fourth round. If he's still there when we pick in the fifth, though, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Not sure he lasts that long. While he might have run a bit slow, measured a bit small, and benched a pathetic amount, you cant discount that he is a play maker. He also adds value as a kick returner.

I am a fan of Patterson. I think he has the skill set and the natural ability to be far and away the best WR in this draft, however I dont think we will end up drafting him. IMO the FO doesnt want another project at WR after selecting BQ last year. Maybe they pick him at 22 if there are no other playmakers available.