RIP Gordon Lightfoot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Loved his music. Snuck into one of his performances as a teen. We appropriated some badges and helped to unload a truck. They thought we'd been there the entire time. We asked for tickets and they gave them to us for 15 minutes of work. It was the Troubadour if I remember correctly.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I listen to the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald almost every week. The story in the song is haunting to me, having been a sailor.
RIP Gordon Lightfoot.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Interesting side note...

Gordon wrote the song Sundown about his mistress in real life. That same mistress is the person who injected Belushi with the fatal dose of drugs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
“Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone” is one of my favorite songs.

I don’t listen to it when my wife is around. I don’t want to feed her ego.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Interesting side note...

Gordon wrote the song Sundown about his mistress in real life. That same mistress is the person who injected Belushi with the fatal dose of drugs.
I had no idea.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I had no idea.

I'm full of useless information... unfortunately for me.

useless GIF

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone” is one of my favorite songs.

I don’t listen to it when my wife is around. I don’t want to feed her ego.
Just tell her it reminds you of your side chick, that ought to keep her in line.

RIP GL, another legendary song writer

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gord's Gold is one of my favorite albums of all time. This is a real bummer. Gordon's music was nothing but really cool to listen to for me. Just great stuff. RIP Mr. Lightfoot

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
My father is a massive Gordon Lightfoot fan and as a consequence so am I. My childhood was filled with his music. Sunday roasts always had Gordon on in the background and I was often asked to flip the record, more often than not Gord's Gold, on the player and carefully drop the needle onto the start of the next side.

RIP Gordon. Thank you for the music.

View: https://youtu.be/NjoU1Qkeizs

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This one cuts deep. One of my all time favorites. When he sang, "in the early morning rain." I could feel the rain. A true store teller much like Croce and Chapin. And another part of my youth fades away.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Another great musician gone, but his music lasts forever. I've always had Gordon Lightfoot and Neil Diamond as institutions pegged to a similar folk/pop genre, and these two have stood the test of time as so many popular musical styles unfolded from the late 50's thru to today.
RIP G.L.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
This one cuts deep. One of my all time favorites. When he sang, "in the early morning rain." I could feel the rain. A true store teller much like Croce and Chapin. And another part of my youth fades away.

Jim Croce's early death was a huge loss. Think of all the music we have missed out on. The man was a genius.