RIP Chadwick Boseman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He also played Jackie Robinson in the movie '42 and played the guy drafted first in Draft Day. Fuck me I'm depressed now.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
He also played Jackie Robinson in the movie '42 and played the guy drafted first in Draft Day. Fuck me I'm depressed now.
I dislike baseball and he was fantastic as Jackie Robinson.

Psycho_X

Legend
Died on Jackie Robinson day too. But seriously, 2020 can fuck off. Just crazy. Filmed most of the movies he's known for while fighting this. Not even a year older than I am, you never know man. But he went out on top and that's got to count for something at least. RIP.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fuck 2020. I hate this year so fucking much.

Rest in peace, Chadwick. You were an absolute legend.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Celebrity deaths don't get to me, other than sympathy that they are no longer here.

But Chadwick, my heart sank. I'm dejected. I loved him so much as King T'Challa, and he was an overall low key guy (at least compared to other actors).

Rest in Power Chadwick Boseman. Wakanda Forever.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
2020 is the most fucked up year

CV - enough said
My dad died - indirectly due to CV (had alzheimers and was in an assisted care facility and locked in his room and just gave up)
My wife had shingles
I have had C-Diff twice

Just one fucked up year - I hate it so much

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Uggh. Way too young.

Get checked out, guys.
My brother in law got colon cancer last year. They caught it early, so he'll be fine.
When I found out, I immediately scheduled an appointment for a colon screening. Its too easy to put off.

nighttrain

Legend

CV - enough said
My dad died - indirectly due to CV (had alzheimers and was in an assisted care facility and locked in his room and just gave up)
My wife had shingles
I have had C-Diff twice

last spring went to hospital for minor surgery, ended up operating table for 8 freaking hours, still feel like crap
train

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie

CV - enough said
My wife had shingles
I have had C-Diff twice

C-Diff is one of the worst things that a person can go through. Hope you got it knocked out for good.

Tano

Legend
C-Diff is one of the worst things that a person can go through. Hope you got it knocked out for good.
I am still taking medication for it. Once I get the medication, it goes away in a day or two but it usually takes me 5 days to get to see the doctor and then lab test to finally get the medication. And those 5 days are pure hell. The first time after I finished my medication, C-Diff came flying back. I am hoping after this round that it won't. I may see my doctor anyway after I finish my medication and ask him to take another lab test to make sure it is 100% gone.

It was the doctor's fault too that I got C-Diff. I had a bad rash on my right leg for over a year. I had seen a doctor for it a couple times and they gave me a cream and otherwise pretty much ignored it. Then I saw my doctor for a physical and I told him I had this rash for over a year and he immediately thought it was Mursa and gave me a strong steroid cream and a strong anti-biotic. He also took a culture of the rash to make sure it was or was not Mursa. Well it turns out that it was a mild staph infection that the steroid cream could have taken care of. But because I took that strong anti-biotic, it killed my good bacteria in my stomach and C-Diff resulted from it.

The doctor should have waited until after the culture was taken to give me that anti-biotic. I had the rash for over a year and it hadn't gotten any worse and a couple days waiting for the culture to come back would not have made any difference imho.

However, on a side note, I was telling a co-worker about how I may be a pain in the ass at work but I am usually not full of shit. Then I said - well I am with C-Diff. "Bangs the cymbols"

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Loved him in Draft Day and Black Panther. I really liked him. What a fuckin shame.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Lost my great grandmother,never knew her,lost my best friend ever to it and my 36 yr old nephew has colon cancer, has to wear a bag and lost I don't know how many ft of intestines.

But thank you baby J, he's gone from having a count in the 4 5 thousands to right around 400.

RIP.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I am still taking medication for it. Once I get the medication, it goes away in a day or two but it usually takes me 5 days to get to see the doctor and then lab test to finally get the medication. And those 5 days are pure hell. The first time after I finished my medication, C-Diff came flying back. I am hoping after this round that it won't. I may see my doctor anyway after I finish my medication and ask him to take another lab test to make sure it is 100% gone.

It was the doctor's fault too that I got C-Diff. I had a bad rash on my right leg for over a year. I had seen a doctor for it a couple times and they gave me a cream and otherwise pretty much ignored it. Then I saw my doctor for a physical and I told him I had this rash for over a year and he immediately thought it was Mursa and gave me a strong steroid cream and a strong anti-biotic. He also took a culture of the rash to make sure it was or was not Mursa. Well it turns out that it was a mild staph infection that the steroid cream could have taken care of. But because I took that strong anti-biotic, it killed my good bacteria in my stomach and C-Diff resulted from it.

The doctor should have waited until after the culture was taken to give me that anti-biotic. I had the rash for over a year and it hadn't gotten any worse and a couple days waiting for the culture to come back would not have made any difference imho.

However, on a side note, I was telling a co-worker about how I may be a pain in the ass at work but I am usually not full of shit. Then I said - well I am with C-Diff. "Bangs the cymbols"

Was it Clindamycin that your doctor gave you? That's the antibiotic that caused mine. One thing that helped me was taking Saccharomyces boulardii. It's a probiotic that does a good job of populating your guts and crowding out the C-Diff.

Tano

Legend
Was it Clindamycin that your doctor gave you? That's the antibiotic that caused mine. One thing that helped me was taking Saccharomyces boulardii. It's a probiotic that does a good job of populating your guts and crowding out the C-Diff.
Yes Clindamycin was the anti-biotic that did me in. They need to never prescribe that one unless the person is in dire straights. I have heard it causes C-Diff frequently. I will have to try Saccharomyces if the C-Diff is still in my system after the lab test.